Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Whitley Co. 45 Southwestern 0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Whitley dominated this game tonight.
They forced SW into 8 or 9 turnovers and completely shut down the SW offense.
On to Harlan County next week for a rematch that saw Whitley down by 6 with the ball with under 2 minutes to go before losing by 13 at Harlan earlier in the year.

This makes me feel a lot better about our position in the region. SW only lost by 7 to Pulaski a couple of weeks ago and Whitley is peeking at the right time.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Whitley dominated this game tonight.
They forced SW into 8 or 9 turnovers and completely shut down the SW offense.
On to Harlan County next week for a rematch that saw Whitley down by 6 with the ball with under 2 minutes to go before losing by 13 at Harlan earlier in the year.

Great win for you guys!!!!:1:
Did not expect this type of outcome... congrats WC!
Interesting fact...This was Whitleys first road win in the playoffs.
After all these years they finally pull it off, and in a big way.
Most of that was probably due to being in the same district with Bell and Rock for many years and being in 4A and having to travel to Lexington every year, but either way GREAT win for the colonels.
I believe SW only crossed the 50 twice, maybe three times, but no more than that.
Whitley really keyed on Southwesterns play makers tonight.
Wow I really thought SW would take this game, I definitely didn't think we'd see such a lopsided affair. PC could have some trouble in this region.
:yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes: Emergency room afternoon for SW. I guess this helps cover some of that talk earlier in the week about that district sweeping the first round.
Wow. Congrats Colonels.
I picked WC to win but not by this margin. Hard to win any games win you turn the ball over 8 times. Congrats Whitley
Sw lost in the first round again, but hey they have a jumbotron to show for it. Give me a break!!!!!
WC has big time Mo and I believe they roll back into Black Bear stadium and come away with a big time win?
And Southwestern's longstanding tradition of playoff meltdowns continues.
wildthang3 Wrote:Sw lost in the first round again, but hey they have a jumbotron to show for it. Give me a break!!!!!

What do you need a jumbotron for if you aren't going to score any points? :igiveup:

I thought this would be a better game than this but with the Warrior's postseason record I should have known better. That is 4 first round losses in a row. Congrats to the Colonels and good luck next week!
Its a joke! If they (DA) worried about fball, as much as they do this type crap.
OUCH! Captain Backdoor informed me that SW had 9 turnovers in this game! This is NOT the way the Warriors wanted to end there season, with another disappointment.

Congrats Whitley!!
Picked Whitley but never thought they would do it this way.

I will say right now Whitley over Harlan Co. next week in another shocker.
Congrats Whitley Co!
Congrats Colonels!!!
Congrats Whitley
Wow! Congrats Whitley, I'm pulling for you guys the rest of the way.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Interesting fact...This was Whitleys first road win in the playoffs.
After all these years they finally pull it off, and in a big way.
Most of that was probably due to being in the same district with Bell and Rock for many years and being in 4A and having to travel to Lexington every year, but either way GREAT win for the colonels.

As a 1975 graduate of Whitley County, I am happy to see the Colonels getting better every week. We were never a football powerhouse back in the day. Good luck next week and keep building for the future.
adopted purple Wrote:As a 1975 graduate of Whitley County, I am happy to see the Colonels getting better every week. We were never a football powerhouse back in the day. Good luck next week and keep building for the future.

:Thumbs:
king360 Wrote:Wow! Congrats Whitley, I'm pulling for you guys the rest of the way.

:Thumbs:
I was really hoping you all would knock off Pulaski and this district sweep district 7.
Wow, Congrats Colonels
Wow did not see this one coming. congrats to WC
wildthang3 Wrote:Sw lost in the first round again, but hey they have a jumbotron to show for it. Give me a break!!!!!
Seriously now, Sothwestern has a Jumbotron?
BIG TONY Wrote:Seriously now, Sothwestern has a Jumbotron?

Sure they do. Since their beginnings, they've always made sure that they have all the bells and whistles in their program.

Maybe before next season they can install artificial turf and some of their fumbles will bounce back up to them.
This game compares to the PC game, if sw doesn't turn it over there in a chance to be in the game or win. Southwestern moved the ball on whitley up and down the field, until turnovers cost them. 2 turnovers inside the redzone one inside the ten and another on the southwestern 30. Less turnovers Southwestern could have had a chance to win
I missed this one. Congrats W.C.
Yes Southwestern had 8 or 9 turnovers,yes they were in the red zone 3 times,they never scored because WC stopped them,they turned the ball over because WC played very physical football,and SW did not move the ball up and down the field,SW had less then 100 yards rushing and not much more then 100 yards passing.After the first quarter WC dominated this game.Congrats to WC on a very good win,and congrats to SW on a good season.
Pages: 1 2