Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Ryle really #1 in N.KY
2dog Wrote:Because their not allowed to! HHS is a small 4A school playing in 5A. Sounds like they are playing up already. Why does a 6A school barely beat a 4A school and act like they won the state championship. A crippled up 4A school at that. How about the nads HHS has to play the big Cincy schools. Enjoy the HHS loss while you can. It may be another 4 years before you see it again!

Actually Highlands is a 3A school this year playing in 5A.:biggrin:

Again congrats to Ryle, they played one heck of a game and deserved the win.:Thumbs:
2dog Wrote:Because their not allowed to! HHS is a small 4A school playing in 5A. Sounds like they are playing up already. Why does a 6A school barely beat a 4A school and act like they won the state championship. A crippled up 4A school at that. How about the nads HHS has to play the big Cincy schools. Enjoy the HHS loss while you can. It may be another 4 years before you see it again!

Also, please don't play the crippled card. Highlands sat just about everyone last week to heal up. That means at the very least two weeks to heal. Come on, everyone knows when you play football it hurts. Everyone has someone out at this point in the season. Ryle played a great game and beat the Birds. No excuses here.
1. Ryle --- why they proved they are an elite team by upsetting highlands & went undefeated in one of top 5 districts in all of state play.
2. Highlands ---- how can they not be above sk they beat Ryle once this year but lost 2nd game otherwise they'd be #1.
3. Simon Kenton --- tough team but was beating by Ryle & cannot be considered #1 unless they beat both or one of top teams which they lost to Ryle & didn't even play the birds
4. Ncc/ beechwood
6. Dixie/ Campbell / cov
tradition Wrote:Also, please don't play the crippled card. Highlands sat just about everyone last week to heal up. That means at the very least two weeks to heal. Come on, everyone knows when you play football it hurts. Everyone has someone out at this point in the season. Ryle played a great game and beat the Birds. No excuses here.

Agreed, I believe Ryle is the better team..
At this very moment, Ryle is the better team. Just like South Carolina was the better team the day after they beat Alabama!
Benchwarmer Wrote:Why doesn't Highlands play up to 6A and play Trinity?

You are soo right.:notworthy Why just go from 3A up to 5A, those guys need to go up to 6A fulltime and beat up on T & X every single year :Thumbs: Great post :worthy:
Stardust Wrote:You are soo right.:notworthy Why just go from 3A up to 5A, those guys need to go up to 6A fulltime and beat up on T & X every single year :Thumbs: Great post :worthy:

Oh, SMACK :notworthy now that was just an awesome post. :Thumbs:
Benchwarmer Wrote:Oh, SMACK :notworthy now that was just an awesome post. :Thumbs:

Oh Thank you, that really means a lot to me :Thumbs::notworthy:worthy:
SweetLemonade Wrote:Agreed, I believe Ryle is the better team..
They were this past Thursday. The were not the better team at the first meeting.
Benchwarmer Wrote:Why doesn't Highlands play up to 6A and play Trinity?

This year Highlands is a 3A size school playing in 5A. They were only allowed to move to 5A because they were geographically bound in 3A and 4A. Hence, the move to 5A to join Dixie , Scott, and Cov. Cath. Cov. Cath was also a 4A size school that was also able to move to 5A due to the geographical restraints.

The KHSAA will not allow a team to move up classes just for competition. Also , I'm not for sure but I don't think the KHSAA will allow a team to move up three classes. I think 2 classes is all they will consider.

Next year Highlands will be in 4A , due to the realignment, and will stay in 4A because they have a district of Holmes, Pendleton, Cov. Cath. and one more I think it is Harrison but I'm not sure on that one.
tradition Wrote:Also, please don't play the crippled card. Highlands sat just about everyone last week to heal up. That means at the very least two weeks to heal. Come on, everyone knows when you play football it hurts. Everyone has someone out at this point in the season. Ryle played a great game and beat the Birds. No excuses here.

For a guy as close to the program as you are, you're out there on the now defunct planet Pluto....
Ryle should be number 1 should be number 1 for they won the last game and that is the only 1 that matters. Ryle is better than Highlands on the lines this year and that is a simple fact. This is one of the worse offensive or defensive lines I've seen at Highlands. Also for anyone to ever bring up injuries as a reason that a team is better than another needs to quit watching football because they happen and you have to go with what you got.
Sure, they earned it on the field. True, they split the series with the Birds this year, but they won when it counted more at the end of the season. I tip my hat to them.:rockon:
Thank you sir, I stand corrected. It's been 25 years sense I lived in Ft. Thomas and I seem to have lost a some class and manners. :Thumbs:
I figured someone would toss out the "crippled" card. Ryle has been thrashed with injuries this year. Let's remember, that Highlands plays nobody both ways. Ryle had 5 kids play both ways for most of the season.

Also, the star running back Travis Elliott was out for a good portion of the game. Court Mace, the all time tackling leader also was injured in the game.

It was a great game. Highlands made it exciting. Congrats to both teams on excellent seasons.
Ryle should be #1 and Highlands #2

SK should not be in the mix for 1 or 2 not until they start to play Highlands.