Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Is Ryle really #1 in N.KY
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
If Highlands and Ryle played again today, or even 10 more times, does Ryle win another game? I don't think so. Ryle deserves a lot of credit. But, for everything that happened, and as bad as Highlands played, Ryle barely escaped. Does anyone think Ryle would have stopped Highlands if Highlands had gotten the ball back?
yes
In Fact some will argue that #1 is Ryle, #2 is SK and #3 is that team from Ft. Thomas.
I wouldn't but there are some who would
Why not move up your alma mater NCC to #3 then too.
Wideleft01 Wrote:Why not move up your alma mater NCC to #3 then too.
Didn't go to NCC :thanks:Graduated from that school in Park Hills:eyeroll:
LOL. My bad. Got you mixed with someone else. Vote them higher than Highlands too. Could Highlands even be outside the top 5 now?
Wideleft01 Wrote:LOL. My bad. Got you mixed with someone else. Vote them higher than Highlands too. Could Highlands even be outside the top 5 now?

:lmao: no
Wideleft01 Wrote:LOL. My bad. Got you mixed with someone else. Vote them higher than Highlands too. Could Highlands even be outside the top 5 now?
nope I would have them #2
8-27-10 @ home HHS 29-14 over Ryle
10-28-10 @ Ryle HHS 26-28 Ryle
I would think they need another game for the tie breaker, since it's 1 game each this year. I think HHS would pull it out. Still the #1 team in NKY in my opinion.
Both teams should go far in the play offs. You all need to be proud that NKY has such great teams. Good luck to both schools.
Highlands is the number 1 team in NKY.
whackem'n'stackem Wrote:Highlands is the number 1 team in NKY.

Not even a question.
Wideleft01 Wrote:If Highlands and Ryle played again today, or even 10 more times, does Ryle win another game? I don't think so. Ryle deserves a lot of credit. But, for everything that happened, and as bad as Highlands played, Ryle barely escaped. Does anyone think Ryle would have stopped Highlands if Highlands had gotten the ball back?

No, Highlands finally had it in gear. As for rankings, I look at this game like the game last year between St. X and Highlands. Out of 10 games, Highlands would be lucky to win 2. The same thing with Ryle beating Highlands. Everything was aligned last night for them to win, and they didn't give themselves the opportunity to lose the game.
Who do you consider NKY teams?
Duke45 Wrote:No, Highlands finally had it in gear. As for rankings, I look at this game like the game last year between St. X and Highlands. Out of 10 games, Highlands would be lucky to win 2. The same thing with Ryle beating Highlands. Everything was aligned last night for them to win, and they didn't give themselves the opportunity to lose the game.

You stated they did not give themselves the opportunity to lose. For most of the game I was impressed with the Ryle coach ( I have been hard on him in the past). I also was impressed with the way the players from Ryle kept their composer and did not have any silly pentalties (I have been critical in the past about some "dirty"play). I felt Highlands was out coached most of the game (terrible call on two pt try, poor calls on kickoffs, questionable play calling), but late in the game, Ryle did give Highlands a chance. Why pass the ball and stop the clock late in the game, when you have been running it down the other teams throat? Other than the late game play calling, I think Ryle did a heck of a job! Ryle is learning to play with class and win. Good Luck in the playoffs, take down the Louisville teams and quiet that neighbor of yours.
1. Ryle
2. Simon Kenton
3. Highlands
Benchwarmer Wrote:1. Ryle
2. Simon Kenton
3. Highlands

Love how you are trying to stir the pot!:lmao:
sstack Wrote:Love how you are trying to stir the pot!:lmao:

Beg your pardon. If you don't like what I have to say then don't read it.
SK has lost to one Kentucky team, Ryle 38-35.
Highlands has lost to one Kentucky team Ryle.
Benchwarmer Wrote:Beg your pardon. If you don't like what I have to say then don't read it.
SK has lost to one Kentucky team, Ryle 38-35.
Highlands has lost to one Kentucky team Ryle.

Highlands also beat Ryle. So SK jumps up over HHS why?
sstack Wrote:Highlands also beat Ryle. So SK jumps up over HHS why?

Because they were able to score more points on Ryle than Highlands.
It's my rankings and I'm not changing my mind.
I thought Ryle looked like the better team last night. I am not sure that Highlands is the #2 team in NKY right now.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:I thought Ryle looked like the better team last night. I am not sure that Highlands is the #2 team in NKY right now.

And who else have you seen that is better?
sstack Wrote:And who else have you seen that is better?
There is no reason for anybody to be confident that Highlands would beat SK. I said that I am not sure Highlands is #2, I didn't say they weren't. But Ryle was a much stronger, more physical team last night and I don't believe Highlands would win a ten game series with them.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:There is no reason for anybody to be confident that Highlands would beat SK. I said that I am not sure Highlands is #2, I didn't say they weren't. But Ryle was a much stronger, more physical team last night and I don't believe Highlands would win a ten game series with them.

I agree.
sstack Wrote:You stated they did not give themselves the opportunity to lose. For most of the game I was impressed with the Ryle coach ( I have been hard on him in the past). I also was impressed with the way the players from Ryle kept their composer and did not have any silly pentalties (I have been critical in the past about some "dirty"play). I felt Highlands was out coached most of the game (terrible call on two pt try, poor calls on kickoffs, questionable play calling), but late in the game, Ryle did give Highlands a chance. Why pass the ball and stop the clock late in the game, when you have been running it down the other teams throat? Other than the late game play calling, I think Ryle did a heck of a job! Ryle is learning to play with class and win. Good Luck in the playoffs, take down the Louisville teams and quiet that neighbor of yours.

I was referring to the very last possession for Ryle. They went for it on fourth down and got the conversion, thus never giving Highlands the chance to take the lead, which I believe they would have.
IMO, Highlands wins state in a close game. Ryle loses bigtime to Trinity by 3 TD"s. You SK guys are dreaming man!:biggrin:
2dog Wrote:IMO, Highlands wins state in a close game. Ryle loses bigtime to Trinity by 3 TD"s. You SK guys are dreaming man!:biggrin:

Why doesn't Highlands play up to 6A and play Trinity?
nky Wrote:In Fact some will argue that #1 is Ryle, #2 is SK and #3 is that team from Ft. Thomas.
And many more wouldn't.
nky Wrote:In Fact some will argue that #1 is Ryle, #2 is SK and #3 is that team from Ft. Thomas.

I agree
Benchwarmer Wrote:Why doesn't Highlands play up to 6A and play Trinity?
Because their not allowed to! HHS is a small 4A school playing in 5A. Sounds like they are playing up already. Why does a 6A school barely beat a 4A school and act like they won the state championship. A crippled up 4A school at that. How about the nads HHS has to play the big Cincy schools. Enjoy the HHS loss while you can. It may be another 4 years before you see it again!
2dog Wrote:Because their not allowed to! HHS is a small 4A school playing in 5A. Sounds like they are playing up already. Why does a 6A school barely beat a 4A school and act like they won the state championship. A crippled up 4A school at that. How about the nads HHS has to play the big Cincy schools. Enjoy the HHS loss while you can. It may be another 4 years before you see it again!

Another excuse.
Pages: 1 2