Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
East Jessamine @ Boyle County 10/22
^Don't know. Don't matter...
I watched Boyle for first time last week and they were solid. However I must say I was not all that impressed with Dawson. You cant judge a kid from one game but had I not known who Dawson was and that he was one of the top players in the country, I wouldnt have came away thinking he was so great. Once again before all you Rebel fans get excited, I know you cant judge a kid from one game and maybe he just had a bad night.
He's been banged up and has been hit or miss all year. People have to keep in mind that he is a defensive star for us on a team that plays great team defense. Last I saw he was averaging double digit tackles and leads the team in interceptions. I'll take it. He's not asked to carry us offensively. He is asked to anchor our defense and he does that well. Very well.
Like I said he probably just had an off night, but he just didnt really do anything offensively or defensively. I look forward to see him match up with the RB from east.
KY Headhunter Wrote:Like I said he probably just had an off night, but he just didnt really do anything offensively or defensively. I look forward to see him match up with the RB from east.

You may be disappointed again then. The East running back is likely to meet up with more than just Dawson and most likely he'll meet multiple Rebels at the same time on multiple occasions.:biggrin:
PurplePride92 Wrote:You may be disappointed again then. The East running back is likely to meet up with more than just Dawson and most likely he'll meet multiple Rebels at the same time on multiple occasions.:biggri:

You may have Mr. Football on your team, but East will rush for more than 150.If Lamar dont win it this year, that would 2 snubs in a row. Best player last year was Reese.
joejoe Wrote:You may have Mr. Football on your team, but East will rush for more than 150.If Lamar dont win it this year, that would 2 snubs in a row. Best player last year was Reese.

I think Devante Parker has got Mr. Football locked up this year. Rees was snubbed last year though.
We also played some younger guys on 'D' against West Jess. Looked to me that Lamar's main objective that game was to make sure they were in the right positions and knew what they were suppose to do. He may not have had the numbers to back it up (I haven't seen his stats), but we all know that 'stats only' doesn't make a great player. He used his experience and knowledge to help the younger guys out. He will be missed after this year...
PurplePride92 Wrote:I think Devante Parker has got Mr. Football locked up this year. Rees was snubbed last year though.

Parker is having a good season, but I think Dawson his having a great season and a better career. The invite to the U.S Army All American game proves how much he has acomplished as an athlete and from what I have read as a student. He would get my vote if I had one. Sorry I put thet E at the end of Rees name. By the way how is Rees doing in College, if you know?
Dawson had 11 takles at halftime against west im not sure how many he wound up with.
joejoe Wrote:Parker is having a good season, but I think Dawson his having a great season and a better career. The invite to the U.S Army All American game proves how much he has acomplished as an athlete and from what I have read as a student. He would get my vote if I had one. Sorry I put thet E at the end of Rees name. By the way how is Rees doing in College, if you know?

I don't know for sure but I'll have to look at MSU's stats to see if he has any.
Rees - red shirted this year
I have a request for Jack Lambert. Can you please 1. Describe what a keyboard tastes like. 2. Take a picture of what it looks like when it comes from the other end. Thanks.