Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Somerset vs Bell Co. (In Theory)
Swforever82 Wrote:Man I have missed alot in a couple of days I sure didn't know I would be the cause of a thread lol!!! Like others have said in this thread it would be pure speculation but I do believe somerset would win and I disagree with whoever said bell was the best in 4a that would be Boyle County. I hope I have not made any Somerset fans upset by supporting our local team but I stand by everything I have said.

No harm in the least Swforever, you are certainly entitled to your opinion and I respect and even appreciate it. I was just clarifying that me, JD, and Norm never said that Somerset was better than Bell so that people would take it easy. It definitely didn't make me mad to see you say that, I appreciate all the support the Jumpers get. However I do think your post is the root cause of this thread. :biggrin:
There is noway Somerset could even keep it close.. Bell is just too big, strong, and fast..
Even though 4A is a little down this year, 2A dont wont None....
BoyleCounty Wrote:By a long shot? Really? You're dead wrong, buddy! TongueirateSho

Not trying to stir you up, I have just seen both teams play personally and IMHO Bell is better by a long shot.
Bell is a very good team and yes big but big is not always the deciding factor, hearth and desire play a huge part and Somerset has both in abundance
tehot05 Wrote:There is noway Somerset could even keep it close.. Bell is just too big, strong, and fast..
Even though 4A is a little down this year, 2A dont wont None....

Somerset is 3A and that's a triple negative.
Bell by as many as they want.
Jumper Dad Wrote:What is the point of this thread?

Has any Somerset supporter said anywhere on here that Somerset would beat Bell Co.

One poster said that based on records and how far they both went last year that Somerset deserved some consideration to be the Mt. #1

Bell Co has a strong program and tradition, it amazes me that a Bell Co. supporter would even waste his time pointing out that Bell is better.

Will they play this year, No.

This makes as much sense as a Bell vs Highlands thread or a Highlands versus St. X thread. Neither ggame is going to happen and any speculation as to who would win is just that speculation.

Do I think Somerset has been disrespected, a little, maybe early when they were not in the top 7 in 3A. Last year every mountian school we played in the playoffs were sure they would destroy the Briar Jumpers and many feel that way again this year. That is fine, games are not played in the polls, Sports Overtime or Bluegrassrivals....they are played on the field....that is the only place we look for respect.

Somerset has a fine team this year, if we end the year #2 in the Mt's then that would hopefuly mean that both of our schools won the state championship, that would be fine with me.

One of the main points of this thread is that the WYMT Mountain Top 10 thread seemed to be going off subject towards a potential matchup between these two teams. So I decided to start this thread.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Bell would win something like 49-21