Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lawrence County 55 East Ridge 3
Its not hard to figure out the person who makes the kind of wild ER baised posts is a high schooler. So I hope those of you who were making fun of him are also in HS. If so OK but if you are an adult then shame on you. LC was a much better team than ER bottom line. The radio men stated that the call many of you are complaining about was not a block in the back but offensive pass interference for blocking too soon on a bubble screen play.
The one everyone is complaining the most about is the fiar catch that wasn't granted and the LC kid was crushed. However, on this play that your speaking of the ref's called it a block in the back and from what I saw of the play from the stands it was a correct call. I knew what the call was when he threw the flag didn't need the ref. to tell me but it shouldn't have been a loss of down. It was third down on that play and once the TD was called back and the penalty marked off it should have remained third down.
Mark 11:23 "For assuredly, I say to you, whoever says to this MOUNTAIN, `Be removed and be cast into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that those things he says will come to pass, he will have whatever he says. NKJ
[quote=Batpuff]Because they were already in contract with the teams that were non district.. And until this schedule we played one of the hardest schedules in the area.. But when you have only won like 4 or 5 games in 6 years you have to water the schedule down so there are games they should win to get the kids confidence up and more kids come out when they see the program is winning. They have changed the schedule for next year with the likes of Russell, Raceland, and P-Burg.[/QUO

russell, raceland and Pburg??? come on now they can better than that........try playing belfry....johnson central....ironton,OH and win those games instead of russell,prestonsburg and raceland...russell might be good next year but doubtfull......raceland is the same and i dont know about P-burg but im sure if LC wanted a tougher schedule they couldve gotten one ....but like you said...play weak teams and get players on the field....bet that wins a state championship!!!!:lmao:
if you want to be the best you have got to play against the best
IT would'nt matter if lc were playing nfl teams, some ppl would complain...lc has turned their program around and are winning games, it makes some ppl just a little bit nervous.
Russell, Pburg, and Raceland are programs with tradition and are usually pretty good. Play Belfry? Pburg has beat Belfry in the last 2 years they have played. Pburg went to the state semi finals and fell short by 5 points to a good DeSales team. Lawrence County also always plays a very good Sheldon Clark team. Their schedule will be fine next year.
Ok here we go first off J.K. Hall and crew needs to sit down and watch the game film and learn from thier mistakes I am sure one of our coaches can provide them with a copy!!!! 2nd of all all these teams that we are playing because of 2 year contracts were more than Eager to schedule our 0-11 team in 08 foreseeing a BIG "W" in thier favor!!! I am extreamly Proud of our Dawgs and we will continue to Roll!!! Great Game Dawgs now lets go to work this week for a Battle at the Rock!!!
I just wonder how ER could only have had 70 yards rushing when Patrick Casey had 73 yards on his own. Bryan Casey had around 18 so that is more than 70. I dont think the other backs lost that many yards to take it down to 70. I know Lewis didn't have negative yards and he is about the only other one who carries the ball. Oh and for the fair catch, the kid didn't call a fair catch. He was waving people off like he was catching a fly ball in the outfield. You have to signal with one hand and arm for a far catch. At least that is what everyone was telling me the officals said.
Maybe questionable calls, but either way East Ridge didn't stand a chance.
TimTheToolManTaylor Wrote:I just wonder how ER could only have had 70 yards rushing when Patrick Casey had 73 yards on his own. Bryan Casey had around 18 so that is more than 70. I dont think the other backs lost that many yards to take it down to 70. I know Lewis didn't have negative yards and he is about the only other one who carries the ball. Oh and for the fair catch, the kid didn't call a fair catch. He was waving people off like he was catching a fly ball in the outfield. You have to signal with one hand and arm for a far catch. At least that is what everyone was telling me the officals said.

Patrick Casey had 16 carries for 67 yards. He had 52 yards on 12 carries at halftime.

The other Warrior backs totaled 5 yards on 23 carries. Brian Casey was sacked repeatedly, which in high school is deducted from the rushing total, not passing totals.

Ergo, East Ridge had 72 yards on 39 carries. Tack on Casey's passing yardage (18) and the Warriors had 90 total yards, including -2 in the second half.

Anyone with any further need to deny reality is welcome to it, I am finished providing fact and figure to contradict feelings. I know many believe that ER ran the ball at will on Friday, but they didn't. They had one sustained drive. ONE. That was the one that ended in the field goal.

They did manage to maximize time of possession, which was very smart on Coach Allen's part - minimizing the number of times an explosive offense gets the ball is one of the keys to victory.

All this said, I would take 21 (P. Casey), 4 (B. Casey), or 22 (D. Lewis) and probably a couple of the linemen and maybe 1, too, on my team any time, I thought the Warriors were greatly improved over last year, I wish them great success on their remaining schedule and hope the players, coaches and fans can celebrated many wins the rest of the season.
CatDawg Wrote:The one everyone is complaining the most about is the fiar catch that wasn't granted and the LC kid was crushed. However, on this play that your speaking of the ref's called it a block in the back and from what I saw of the play from the stands it was a correct call. I knew what the call was when he threw the flag didn't need the ref. to tell me but it shouldn't have been a loss of down. It was third down on that play and once the TD was called back and the penalty marked off it should have remained third down.

No they called it pass interference on Caleb .
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
Big- D Wrote:[quote=Batpuff]Because they were already in contract with the teams that were non district.. And until this schedule we played one of the hardest schedules in the area.. But when you have only won like 4 or 5 games in 6 years you have to water the schedule down so there are games they should win to get the kids confidence up and more kids come out when they see the program is winning. They have changed the schedule for next year with the likes of Russell, Raceland, and P-Burg.[/QUO

russell, raceland and Pburg??? come on now they can better than that........try playing belfry....johnson central....ironton,OH and win those games instead of russell,prestonsburg and raceland...russell might be good next year but doubtfull......raceland is the same and i dont know about P-burg but im sure if LC wanted a tougher schedule they couldve gotten one ....but like you said...play weak teams and get players on the field....bet that wins a state championship!!!!:lmao:

Well see this is where it shows how much you really know.. One were not going to schedule Belfry because we could end up playing them in the playoffs, plus alot of school the have there schedules already set... And yes the programs we added are alot better then the ones we have on the schedule now... and we played the Irontons and Belfry and Wayne Wva and Coal Grove and that was in that span when the program was down and kids werent coming out so once he changed the schedule and they started winning it go kids out that hadnt played.. But I am tired of trying to prove a point.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
fedscreekviking Wrote:Its not hard to figure out the person who makes the kind of wild ER baised posts is a high schooler. So I hope those of you who were making fun of him are also in HS. If so OK but if you are an adult then shame on you. LC was a much better team than ER bottom line. The radio men stated that the call many of you are complaining about was not a block in the back but offensive pass interference for blocking too soon on a bubble screen play.

I dont know if you're talking about me or not. But I'm not in High School. My playing days are wayyyyyyyyyy over. I'm just a friend of Brad's and was only stating the info I had received.
dbcooper Wrote:Patrick Casey had 16 carries for 67 yards. He had 52 yards on 12 carries at halftime.

The other Warrior backs totaled 5 yards on 23 carries. Brian Casey was sacked repeatedly, which in high school is deducted from the rushing total, not passing totals.

Ergo, East Ridge had 72 yards on 39 carries. Tack on Casey's passing yardage (18) and the Warriors had 90 total yards, including -2 in the second half.

Anyone with any further need to deny reality is welcome to it, I am finished providing fact and figure to contradict feelings. I know many believe that ER ran the ball at will on Friday, but they didn't. They had one sustained drive. ONE. That was the one that ended in the field goal.

They did manage to maximize time of possession, which was very smart on Coach Allen's part - minimizing the number of times an explosive offense gets the ball is one of the keys to victory.

All this said, I would take 21 (P. Casey), 4 (B. Casey), or 22 (D. Lewis) and probably a couple of the linemen and maybe 1, too, on my team any time, I thought the Warriors were greatly improved over last year, I wish them great success on their remaining schedule and hope the players, coaches and fans can celebrated many wins the rest of the season.

The KHSAA website says that Casey had 73 yards. I don't think they would have any reason to lie about it. I would bet that they have someone stating the game. I would also say that they did take off the yards that the QB lost when he was sacked. For as many times as he carried the ball, 18 yards isnt a whole lot. Without the yards deducted I would say he had close to 35 yards. I can only remember him sacked twice. At least that's all I heard on the radio. I think one was something like an 11 yard loss and that would put him close to 18 yards.
TimTheToolManTaylor Wrote:The KHSAA website says that Casey had 73 yards. I don't think they would have any reason to lie about it. I would bet that they have someone stating the game. I would also say that they did take off the yards that the QB lost when he was sacked. For as many times as he carried the ball, 18 yards isnt a whole lot. Without the yards deducted I would say he had close to 35 yards. I can only remember him sacked twice. At least that's all I heard on the radio. I think one was something like an 11 yard loss and that would put him close to 18 yards.

I have no reason to make these numbers up, nor do I have any reason to continue this back and forth.

You can keep speculating, but I have detailed the numbers factually, not speculating at all. If the ER offense had gained 165 yards in any form or by any means, I would report it accurately.

They did not. Period. End of conversation on my end.
No I not talking about you Real Badman. Your post are not wildly biased. If you check this kid says ER is going to beat everyone 50-0. Im not putting him down because I like confidence in players. My meaning was some of the LC posters were making fun of his pregame posts. If that was HS trash talking OK but I think adults should stay out of that.
dbcooper Wrote:I have no reason to make these numbers up, nor do I have any reason to continue this back and forth.

You can keep speculating, but I have detailed the numbers factually, not speculating at all. If the ER offense had gained 165 yards in any form or by any means, I would report it accurately.

They did not. Period. End of conversation on my end.

:rockon: