Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whose #1 In College Basketball This Up-coming Season?
beasy_bo Wrote:I guess 0-20 is pathetic coaching....and everyone here knows the best team doesn't always win it thats why we play the games. i mean if that was the case then kansas should've just been crown champions after the regular season. it still takes a great team to win it and duke was and still is but it sure isn't the best team that wins it every time

It is, get the players who are shooting terribly out of the game.

LeftBeaverAAU Wrote:UK has 7 banners, Duke has 4.

Duke has 4 titles since '91, UK has two...and none in the past 12 years. Duke is the program of today.

LeftBeaverAAU Wrote:Coaches can't play. With that said, Cal didn't miss all the shots, the players did.

Don't matter what the x's and o's are, if the players don't execute.

Any team can be beat on any given night.

Yes, the players do play the games and the coaches do coach, but you take out the players who aren't playing that well, you don't let them combine for 0-20 from 3.

LeftBeaverAAU Wrote:They made the Elite Eight, your making it sound like they didn't make it 2nd Round.

NIT to Elite Eight is not bad, with so many new players, new coach, etc.

Elite Eight is alright with you? Elite Eight with the #1 and #2 players in the class, two more in the top 30, and a returning beast in Patterson. Elite Eight for this team was satisfactory.
sorry but if the whole team is shooting bad you really can't bench them all trust me he made plenty enough subs to try and find someone who was on. for all them players you was talking about they are all freshmen besides patterson. please name other teams that have went to the final four with that many freshmen starting and coming off the bench. yes, at the start of the year thats what everyone said is that for this team elite 8 is good you can't expect a ton of freshman to come in and go win you a national championship. BTW speaking of banners who has more?????:lmao: i think we do:Thumbs:
beasy_bo Wrote:sorry but if the whole team is shooting bad you really can't bench them all trust me he made plenty enough subs to try and find someone who was on. for all them players you was talking about they are all freshmen besides patterson. please name other teams that have went to the final four with that many freshmen starting and coming off the bench. yes, at the start of the year thats what everyone said is that for this team elite 8 is good you can't expect a ton of freshman to come in and go win you a national championship. BTW speaking of banners who has more?????:lmao: i think we do:Thumbs:

Well that's all you're ever going to have at UK is a bunch of freshmen, as long as Cal is there. So use your "We have 7 titles" excuse as long as you can.

I don't know about you...but if my grandparents weren't even able to comprehend the titles that my team won because they were won in 1940 and 1950, I don't recognize them.
PC_You_Know Wrote:Well that's all you're ever going to have at UK is a bunch of freshmen, as long as Cal is there. So use your "We have 7 titles" excuse as long as you can.

I don't know about you...but if my grandparents weren't even able to comprehend the titles that my team won because they were won in 1940 and 1950, I don't recognize them.
your grandparents wouldn't comprehend because your team didn't win any:lmao:
beasy_bo Wrote:your grandparents wouldn't comprehend because your team didn't win any:lmao:

Wow, that was an amazing response. My grandparents can comprehend the 4 titles they have watched Duke win in the last 20 years. And just so you realize this, Coach K has just as many titles as your "God", Rupp. I think it's about that time that Coach K gets some love.
well UK fans can comprehend 7 that we have watched because we have video footage.
PC_You_Know Wrote:It is, get the players who are shooting terribly out of the game.

Duke has 4 titles since '91, UK has two...and none in the past 12 years. Duke is the program of today.

Yes, the players do play the games and the coaches do coach, but you take out the players who aren't playing that well, you don't let them combine for 0-20 from 3.

Elite Eight is alright with you? Elite Eight with the #1 and #2 players in the class, two more in the top 30, and a returning beast in Patterson. Elite Eight for this team was satisfactory.

Still don't change the fact that UK has more titles. 3 more.
UK was in the Finals, 3 straight seasons. In the past 15 seasons, UK has 2 titles, 3 finals appearances. Duke has 2 titles.

Duke may be the Program of today, but UK is 2nd to only UCLA, if that. Duke isn't even a Top 3 Program in NCAA History.
In the Past 28 years, UNC has 4 Titles and Duke has 4 titles, what's your point PC?

Take a look about UK Basketball.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kentucky_Wi...basketball

and compare them to Duke:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duke_men%27s_basketball

Heck, even compare them to North Carolina:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_Carol...basketball
My goodness how did this thread go from stating who would be first when the rankings come out to this kind of debate?? Wow, someone got the pot stirring. Anyways, I really do no understand the whole in the past 20 years thing to support your school. Heck you could say the same thing that in the past ten years UNC (two titles and 4 final fours) and Michigan St (being in the final four 5 times since 2000) have just as much of a claim to such a title. I think it is pretty stupid to limit a program to saying that and makes it sound that yeah in the past 20 years they have been good but before that they sucked and had no tradition.
[SIZE="4"]
[COLOR="Blue"]Shelby Valley High School:
2009 and 2010 All "A" State Champions and 2010 Kentucky Sweet 16 State Champions
MaxPreps National Champions!![/SIZE][/COLOR][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:My goodness how did this thread go from stating who would be first when the rankings come out to this kind of debate?? Wow, someone got the pot stirring. Anyways, I really do no understand the whole in the past 20 years thing to support your school. Heck you could say the same thing that in the past ten years UNC (two titles and 4 final fours) and Michigan St (being in the final four 5 times since 2000) have just as much of a claim to such a title. I think it is pretty stupid to limit a program to saying that and makes it sound that yeah in the past 20 years they have been good but before that they sucked and had no tradition.

:Thumbs:
Benchwarmer Wrote:35 and 3 and the believe on any given night they could beat anyone.

Benchwarmer, IDK who you are, but you come in from the side to have my back on these UK discussions and I love ya for that mate! :biggrin:
Dukem or michigan st.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IAJ
"IT'S ALL JESUS"
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:My goodness how did this thread go from stating who would be first when the rankings come out to this kind of debate?? Wow, someone got the pot stirring. Anyways, I really do no understand the whole in the past 20 years thing to support your school. Heck you could say the same thing that in the past ten years UNC (two titles and 4 final fours) and Michigan St (being in the final four 5 times since 2000) have just as much of a claim to such a title. I think it is pretty stupid to limit a program to saying that and makes it sound that yeah in the past 20 years they have been good but before that they sucked and had no tradition.

Because a UK fan decided he would state that UK should be in the top 5, when the thread was to discuss who should be #1.
Duke will be #1 probably.

There was a few posts on here about UK having the #1 and #2 recruits...
IMO having the #1 and #2 recruits is actually a disadvantage unless they are going to stay 4 years, and that is definitely not going to happen.
Talent is great to have, but you have to have experience.
PC_You_Know Wrote:Because a UK fan decided he would state that UK should be in the top 5, when the thread was to discuss who should be #1.
this is also coming from the guy who said we should've put a banner up because we had great recruits but we shouldn't be ranked in the top 5 because of recruits. i don't get this?:please: someone help me
beasy_bo Wrote:this is also coming from the guy who said we should've put a banner up because we had great recruits but we shouldn't be ranked in the top 5 because of recruits. i don't get this?:please: someone help me

I don't think I said anything about you hanging up a banner because of your highly rated recruits.
I'll try to stay on topic and say without a doubt that Duke will be the preseason number 1
itzAmazing Wrote:I'll try to stay on topic and say without a doubt that Duke will be the preseason number 1
this is true
To keep bringing up staying on topic. I think that Duke will be #1 with Michigan St coming in as a close 2nd.
[SIZE="4"]
[COLOR="Blue"]Shelby Valley High School:
2009 and 2010 All "A" State Champions and 2010 Kentucky Sweet 16 State Champions
MaxPreps National Champions!![/SIZE][/COLOR][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
West Virginia!!!!
Ballers Wrote:Benchwarmer, IDK who you are, but you come in from the side to have my back on these UK discussions and I love ya for that mate! :biggrin:

I'm here to help.