Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whose #1 In College Basketball This Up-coming Season?
Who do you think will start the season out as #1 overall.. Kansas did it most of the year this past season, whose the favorite for this year IYO...??
Kentucky!!! :1:

Haha, just kidding, I'm not really sure. I haven't really followed the offseason to much but shouldn't Duke be up there somewhere?
I'm sure Duke will start the season # 1....I know they lost a few players but they have a great PG coming in, and Seth Curry will be elgible.
Probably Duke.
Duke.

there really is no meaning to this thread.

Most of the time, the team that won the championship before is ranked #1 in preseason!
It will be Duke. They are are by far the ones that deserve it the most.
[SIZE="4"]
[COLOR="Blue"]Shelby Valley High School:
2009 and 2010 All "A" State Champions and 2010 Kentucky Sweet 16 State Champions
MaxPreps National Champions!![/SIZE][/COLOR][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
imma have to say without a doubt The BEST TEAM IN THE NATION THE DUKE BLUEDEVILS 2010-11 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS AND I WOULD LOVE TO SEE A REPEAT
I say Duke will be preseason #1. I don't think they will repeat.
Duke for sure.
NYY10 Wrote:Duke.

there really is no meaning to this thread.

Most of the time, the team that won the championship before is ranked #1 in preseason!

Thats not true.
I was going to say Pikeville....and Duke with a close 2nd
Duke.
North Carolina Tar Heels! :biggrin:
I really would like to see Michigan St get a lot of the #1 votes but I think that Duke is going to get the nod to be number one.
[SIZE="4"]
[COLOR="Blue"]Shelby Valley High School:
2009 and 2010 All "A" State Champions and 2010 Kentucky Sweet 16 State Champions
MaxPreps National Champions!![/SIZE][/COLOR][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Has to be Duke.

Kyle Singler, Nolan Smith, Plumlee Brothers(2), Kyrie Irving, Seth Curry, and Andre Dawkins.

Man, this team may end up being the best shooting team ever at Duke. That I can remember anyways. With Singler, Curry, Dawkins, and Smith. If this team gets a dominate post prescense the following year they could be even better. With The Plumlees, Irving, Curry, Dawkins, and the recruits there supposed to be getting.

For the following year, so far they've got #17 (according to Rivals) in Michael Gbinije, a 6'6 F. #40 Tyler Adams, a 6'8 center. And another Plumlee brother(#99), at 6'11.

Austin Rivers is also high on Duke, and has an offer.

Duke could be scary good the next few years.
LeftBeaverAAU Wrote:Has to be Duke.

Kyle Singler, Nolan Smith, Plumlee Brothers(2), Kyrie Irving, Seth Curry, and Andre Dawkins.

Man, this team may end up being the best shooting team ever at Duke. That I can remember anyways. With Singler, Curry, Dawkins, and Smith. If this team gets a dominate post prescense the following year they could be even better. With The Plumlees, Irving, Curry, Dawkins, and the recruits there supposed to be getting.

For the following year, so far they've got #17 (according to Rivals) in Michael Gbinije, a 6'6 F. #40 Tyler Adams, a 6'8 center. And another Plumlee brother(#99), at 6'11.

Austin Rivers is also high on Duke, and has an offer.

Duke could be scary good the next few years.

I'll give Duke props on this up coming season. However, one thing I don't agree on for the Duke fans out there is their overwhelming love for Singler.. I don't think he's that good of a player myself.. Needs to hit the weight bench if anything.. He's a streaky shooter, not very consistent, and for his size he should be able to do more damage in the paint... With that said, (I can't believe I am saying this...) I will say Duke also for the #1 spot starting out this season.. I would hope UK is in the top 5 for sure, and I believe the Tarheels will be in there somewhere as well because they have a lot of tough recrutis coming in..
Also heard that Quincy Miller and Quddus Bello is looking at Duke, from a source I was reading on, Duke is also on their heels in recruiting.. PC YOU KNOW, just an FYI, but next season if Bello goes to Duke, I may be cheering for them unfortunatley.. I hope not for UK's and the rest of the NCAA's sake anyways. Sad
Ballers Wrote:I'll give Duke props on this up coming season. However, one thing I don't agree on for the Duke fans out there is their overwhelming love for Singler.. I don't think he's that good of a player myself.. Needs to hit the weight bench if anything.. He's a streaky shooter, not very consistent, and for his size he should be able to do more damage in the paint... With that said, (I can't believe I am saying this...) I will say Duke also for the #1 spot starting out this season.. I would hope UK is in the top 5 for sure, and I believe the Tarheels will be in there somewhere as well because they have a lot of tough recrutis coming in..

Ballers Wrote:Also heard that Quincy Miller and Quddus Bello is looking at Duke, from a source I was reading on, Duke is also on their heels in recruiting.. PC YOU KNOW, just an FYI, but next season if Bello goes to Duke, I may be cheering for them unfortunatley.. I hope not for UK's and the rest of the NCAA's sake anyways. Sad

I don't see what UK has proven to be in the top 5, so I can't see that.

It's alright, you want to cheer for a winner, I understand. Wink Just messing with you, but honestly, Deuce Bello is a ridiculous athlete, I don't think he merits his high ranking, I don't think he shoots very well, but I'd gladly take him on my team because of his athleticism and motor.
PC_You_Know Wrote:I don't see what UK has proven to be in the top 5, so I can't see that.

It's alright, you want to cheer for a winner, I understand. Wink Just messing with you, but honestly, Deuce Bello is a ridiculous athlete, I don't think he merits his high ranking, I don't think he shoots very well, but I'd gladly take him on my team because of his athleticism and motor.

Have the #1 recruiting class again, really?

That makes me not want to cheer for him if he went.. lol

He doesn't but man can he not finish in the lane.
Ballers Wrote:Have the #1 recruiting class again, really?

That makes me not want to cheer for him if he went.. lol

He doesn't but man can he not finish in the lane.

And those players have shown us what in college that makes them deserve a top 5 ranking? NOTHING. The returning UK players showed us they didn't deserve to be in the Final Four last season, so what makes them a top 5 team pre-season? NOTHING.
PC_You_Know Wrote:And those players have shown us what in college that makes them deserve a top 5 ranking? NOTHING. The returning UK players showed us they didn't deserve to be in the Final Four last season, so what makes them a top 5 team pre-season? NOTHING.

And here we go in a heated debate.. PC, cmon' dude, they are the TOP recruits for a reason?
Ballers Wrote:And here we go in a heated debate.. PC, cmon' dude, they are the TOP recruits for a reason?

Your team has the top 2 recruits this past season and where did it get them? C'mon dude.
PC_You_Know Wrote:Your team has the top 2 recruits this past season and where did it get them? C'mon dude.

35 and 3 and the believe on any given night they could beat anyone.
Benchwarmer Wrote:35 and 3 and the believe on any given night they could beat anyone.

Too bad nobody hangs up a banner for having the most wins in a single season.
PC_You_Know Wrote:Too bad nobody hangs up a banner for having the most wins in a single season.
too bad they took a NIT team to the elite eight and started the last game 0-20 from 3pt line....for what they had i'm happy. Pretty sure everyone agrees whoever selected the tourney regions was definitely a duke fan. easiest region by far!!!!!!
beasy_bo Wrote:too bad they took a NIT team to the elite eight and started the last game 0-20 from 3pt line....for what they had i'm happy. Pretty sure everyone agrees whoever selected the tourney regions was definitely a duke fan. easiest region by far!!!!!!

That doesn't matter, the best team will win the tournament, that's why it's a tournament. And I couldn't care less if your team didn't even get to the NIT the year before, if you bring in the #1 and #2 players, your team should be playing in atleast the Final Four. Pathetic coaching by Calipari.
PC_You_Know Wrote:That doesn't matter, the best team will win the tournament, that's why it's a tournament. And I couldn't care less if your team didn't even get to the NIT the year before, if you bring in the #1 and #2 players, your team should be playing in atleast the Final Four. Pathetic coaching by Calipari.
I guess 0-20 is pathetic coaching....and everyone here knows the best team doesn't always win it thats why we play the games. i mean if that was the case then kansas should've just been crown champions after the regular season. it still takes a great team to win it and duke was and still is but it sure isn't the best team that wins it every time
PC_You_Know Wrote:Too bad nobody hangs up a banner for having the most wins in a single season.

UK has 7 banners, Duke has 4.
PC_You_Know Wrote:That doesn't matter, the best team will win the tournament, that's why it's a tournament. And I couldn't care less if your team didn't even get to the NIT the year before, if you bring in the #1 and #2 players, your team should be playing in atleast the Final Four. Pathetic coaching by Calipari.

Coaches can't play. With that said, Cal didn't miss all the shots, the players did.

Don't matter what the x's and o's are, if the players don't execute.

Any team can be beat on any given night.

They made the Elite Eight, your making it sound like they didn't make it 2nd Round.

NIT to Elite Eight is not bad, with so many new players, new coach, etc.