Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Most outdated fields
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:Id have to say Betsy Layne. When Pikeville went up there to play last year one of the refs walked over and told us thats the worst field hed ever seen. This guy has been an official for 20+ years and for him to say that should tell you something. I heard a rumor that Eric C Conn offered to pay for turf but BL turned him down because he wanted the field named after him and they wouldnt do it. Any truth to this?

I dont see why they would, His name on the school sign is already bigger then the name of the school...
geauxtigers75 Wrote:Welcome to Perry County. Where basketball is king. Sad

Basketball might be king at the school. But it have been a few years since PCC and been to state. They need to take some of the money they make off of basketball and put it into the football field.
I was a FR the last time they redone the field. That was back in 1995 or 96.
Lewis Co, Nicholas Co, West Carter
lexcath's turf was terrible last year and had no restroom's on the visitor's side but they are fixing that now
Although not necessarily bad for the home team, Monroe County's field has no visitor seating and only a tiny building not big enough for the visiting team to suit up in.
I would think that Lex Cath would have a great facility.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
LexCath has had turf for several years and was flat worn out. But they are currently undergoing a facelift for the entire complex complete with new turf surface.
the last time i was at bell county, the facilities could use an update about 1 year ago.

i am not sure about the field it was pretty wore out but it was the end of the year. i know it still grass, but i am not sure if they have upgraded it since i played. it was a rock filled pasture with regular grass and no topsoil.
Trimble Co is a baseball outfield
Gallatin has no lights
Eminece is a baseball outfield with no fans, and no bleachers
Beechwood has a nice turf field, but the stands are horrible. I believe changes are afoot, possibly as we discuss this. They've torn down the old Kroger store that stood out front and I believe there was talk about a makeover for the field. I'll have to check the next time I'm over that way.
Highlands isn't terrible, but it could use some help. I plan to take care of that when I hit the lottery. :rockon:
Newport has improved a lot lately, but there are still places down near the fence where the smell of sewage is strong enough to knock you back a step. Parking is about like it is at Highlands or Beechwood, maybe a little better.
I am still trying to figure out what updates we can do at LCC? A lot of people says we have bad seating, and with the space small around the field I am puzzled.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
RoShamBo Wrote:It was intended as a joke, that's why I said joke. I know that Evarts is not a school anymore, making it's field outdated, get it? And it is you sir who are behind on the times if you thought that field was in good shape. When was it you were there, '88?

I was there about 10 days ago. How long has it been since you have been there? Better shape than a lot of HS fields I have seen.
cougarpride08 Wrote:I am still trying to figure out what updates we can do at LCC? A lot of people says we have bad seating, and with the space small around the field I am puzzled.

Due to the setting there isn't much you can do.

TRAFFIC
It is way to expensive and hazardous to blast rock and build a secondary entrance/exit road to alleviate traffic. I guess your only option there is secure more parking off the main road and hire more police offers to do traffic control and help traffic flow smoother out of the school after the game.

SEATING
Not enough room to put visitor seating in on the opposite sideline. You have two options:

1) Build up. Add more seats vertically, I think Cincy Colerain did this with their stadium where they added seats on each side of the pressbox that actually went higher than the press box level.
2) Build out. On the hillside on the endzone opposite the jumbotron you could cut out some of the hill and add extra seating there that could accompany the LCC students and band.

Sadly both of these will require significant construction costs that would probably not have enough ROI to be considered.

A third, more controversial option, is to promote students to sit on the hillside with blankets and such to free seating. At EKU the majority of students sit on "the hill" in the endzone
the worst fields ive seen are betsy layne, bath county, and phelps.
Bell County could use a better Press box and maybe some endzone bleachers
Campbell County is in desparate need of an upgrade in facilities. The Camels play on a field that has a lot of history and nostalgia, but the concrete is falling apart each and every day. The field must have the most outdate lights in the state. Time to build that new stadium.
Stardust Wrote:Campbell County is in desparate need of an upgrade in facilities. The Camels play on a field that has a lot of history and nostalgia, but the concrete is falling apart each and every day. The field must have the most outdate lights in the state. Time to build that new stadium.

Isnt that a safety hazard?
Although they will be getting new digs in 2 years, Lone Oak is pretty bad in terms of outdated facilities, parking, access and seating, especially in light of their lofty aspirations.
Middlesboro. Everything about it is old. Concrete bleachers for the visitor side.
Mayfield's War Memorial stadium is way, way past it's prime. Guess you can win on an outdated field as well as you can on fancy turf.
Captain Backdoor Wrote:This is the case with Pulaski County's field as well. Although the county has provided them with both a pressbox and field house. It was their field that needed the work the most. Southwestern's field has probably the best drainage of the 3 schools.
The drainage issues on Pulaski's field have been taken care of and new grass seed went down this week. The field will match the first-rate facilities now.
Trimble county is the worst field i have seen. There is more dirt and rocks on the field then grass. And the lights are not near bright enought to light up the field