Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Most outdated fields
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
What fields do you think are the most outdated in the state.
McCeary Centrals was pretty bad last time i was down there
Wonder if we could make a list of the top 10 and then put a poll on there to vote for the "most outdated"?
Lawrence County
Estill County!

they need a new everything, new bleachers (visitor section), new press box, new track, new scoreboard!
Tremble County and Shawnee are the worst that I have seen. North Oldham has nice facilities but the playing field is a mess.
Boyle County's playing surface has been terrible for a long time. Home bleachers very nice, beautiful pressbox, visitor stands not so much. Playing surface issues being solved as we speak.
What is bad about Trimbles and Shawnees? I thought North Oldham got turf? Wonder how other Jefferson County Schools are?
Evarts High School....joke. Somerset could really use turf on their field. They have some serious drainage issues with their field and the turf would really make more sense in the long run. Too bad the Somerset administration doesn't use sense.
Magoffin County- Small and needs a new lghting system and surface
Phelps- See above
Betsy Layne- Seating isn't horrible, but the playing surface and location are.
Jenkins- Stadium is just very small and outdated
Perry County Centrals field is WORST field I have ever seen. Their entire facility is a JOKE. A big 5A school that plays on a grade school field. I was watching the movie "Wildcats" the other night and their field reminded me so much of Perry County Centrals field that I instantly started cracking up just thinking about it.
By Far, Bath Co.... What a cow pasture....
RoShamBo Wrote:Evarts High School....joke..

Lol I Would be willing to bet it is in much better condition now than it ever was.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Betsy Layne- Seating isn't horrible, but the playing surface and location are.
The location of Betsy Lane stadium is kind of neat but I have to agree with the playing surface- one of the worst I've seen in 30 years. Even worst than the old Newport field
StrayBullet Wrote:Lawrence County
Every Time iv been there the grass looked very well mantained.
owen county same field they play on is the same one as the 70's mybe longer
attacktheV Wrote:Lol I Would be willing to bet it is in much better condition now than it ever was.

:thatsfunn Probably true, I'm going to miss making the trek over to Cumberland or Evarts' field to watch Somerset play those two (been to Cawood's field too, not the same sentiments towards it). Cumberland and Evarts' old fields were fun to play at though, like stepping into into a time machine.
Lighting is awful @ Tremble, the north endzone aka baseball field is dark and hard to pick up a pass, very outdated. Shawnee is not ever going to be fixed lost cause. North Oldham has netting raising thru the surface from being a soccer field and huge divits from the 20 yard line to the goal line on the hash marks. They should have turf with the amount of traffic on that field.
RoShamBo Wrote:Evarts High School....joke. Somerset could really use turf on their field. They have some serious drainage issues with their field and the turf would really make more sense in the long run. Too bad the Somerset administration doesn't use sense.
I think we need to go Boise St style and put in dark purple turf. Principal and Asst Principal were discussing turf when SHS was practicing at Nutter the week of the state finals. Seemed to be openly trying to figure out how to get it. My neighbor sells lights and turf for stadiums. He said that if SHS got the excavating completed that turf could be put in relatively cheap. Turf companies battling recession too and are making some good deals.
Strikeout King Wrote:Estill County!

they need a new everything, new bleachers (visitor section), new press box, new track, new scoreboard!
Away bleachers need to be raised, students walking around the track all night makes it pretty hard to see the game from the bleachers.
Jumper Dad Wrote:I think we need to go Boise St style and put in dark purple turf. Principal and Asst Principal were discussing turf when SHS was practicing at Nutter the week of the state finals. Seemed to be openly trying to figure out how to get it. My neighbor sells lights and turf for stadiums. He said that if SHS got the excavating completed that turf could be put in relatively cheap. Turf companies battling recession too and are making some good deals.

That's great news JD. Wish it would have happened sooner. Really Somerset's coaches, parents and other members of the community have taken pride in the way the football field looks and it always looks good to start the season but it makes much more sense to get turf in the long run. Especially with the serious drainage issues on that field.

ps. The purple turf would be awesome but the only thing you'd be able to make out on the field would be that gold headgear. The bermuda on the field now always turns a goldish color come October, is that good enough? LOL
some of the jefferson county school have bad fields because there isn't enough money to go around to the schools athletics department. Are they have no type of booster or alumni base to give them money .
64black&gold Wrote:Boyle County's playing surface has been terrible for a long time. Home bleachers very nice, beautiful pressbox, visitor stands not so much. Playing surface issues being solved as we speak.

RoShamBo Wrote:Evarts High School....joke. Somerset could really use turf on their field. They have some serious drainage issues with their field and the turf would really make more sense in the long run. Too bad the Somerset administration doesn't use sense.

This is the case with Pulaski County's field as well. Although the county has provided them with both a pressbox and field house. It was their field that needed the work the most. Southwestern's field has probably the best drainage of the 3 schools.
nky Wrote:The location of Betsy Lane stadium is kind of neat but I have to agree with the playing surface- one of the worst I've seen in 30 years. Even worst than the old Newport field
Betsy Layne's field is a lot better than Nicholas County's field, but I agree it's bad.
I Rule The World Wrote:By Far, Bath Co.... What a cow pasture....
:Thumbs:I agree 100%. I was in shock the first time I saw it.
You are behind times. Evarts HS does not exist any longer, except for 8th grade. Last time I was there it was in good shape.
Johnny_Ringo Wrote:Perry County Centrals field is WORST field I have ever seen. Their entire facility is a JOKE. A big 5A school that plays on a grade school field. I was watching the movie "Wildcats" the other night and their field reminded me so much of Perry County Centrals field that I instantly started cracking up just thinking about it.

Agree totally. It is a disgrace. Besides the field, there are no visitors bleachers.
HAT51 Wrote:You are behind times. Evarts HS does not exist any longer, except for 8th grade. Last time I was there it was in good shape.

It was intended as a joke, that's why I said joke. I know that Evarts is not a school anymore, making it's field outdated, get it? And it is you sir who are behind on the times if you thought that field was in good shape. When was it you were there, '88?
Id have to say Betsy Layne. When Pikeville went up there to play last year one of the refs walked over and told us thats the worst field hed ever seen. This guy has been an official for 20+ years and for him to say that should tell you something. I heard a rumor that Eric C Conn offered to pay for turf but BL turned him down because he wanted the field named after him and they wouldnt do it. Any truth to this?
HAT51 Wrote:Agree totally. It is a disgrace. Besides the field, there are no visitors bleachers.

Welcome to Perry County. Where basketball is king. Sad
Pages: 1 2