Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Longtime Ram announces retirement
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:What would you say Greenup is?

Cheerleading and baseball all the way through..they do have good basketball teams and football teams aswell though
OU812 Wrote:Ask Randy Vanderhoof if it's a football school. And although he's also the baseball coach, he'll tell you yes, Raceland is a football school. Just as many posters here will (and have already) attest to. If you graduated from Raceland in 85, you know it was a football school then, just as it is now. State titles don't make a school a football school or not. That's simply a goofy notion. Your argument about Beechwood could be transposed for Raceland and vice versa. What in the world is wrong with the moniker of being a football school? Good grief, I feel like I'm arguing with my kids.

:Clap: is it a good or bad sign when a guy from another school has to tell a Ram that we are a football school?:blabbermo
I'm still waiting for an answer to my question.
BIGRAMLOVER1979 Wrote::Clap: is it a good or bad sign when a guy from another school has to tell a Ram that we are a football school?:blabbermo

Since you don't have to win anything... i say we are a volleyball school.
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:What would you say Greenup is?
A mess
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:What is the criteria for being a football school?
There is no criteria. It's a perception throughout the community. And Raceland is a football school. Because you say it's not doesn't make it so. Ask around.
Anyway.....back to the subject. Hate to see Coach Hoof go. Was hoping he would stay around long enough to coach my son. Some really good players coming for whoever gets the job. No lack of talent for the forseeable future.
OU812 Wrote:A mess

There is no criteria. It's a perception throughout the community. And Raceland is a football school. Because you say it's not doesn't make it so. Ask around.

That works both ways doesn't it. Because you say it is doesn't make it so.
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:That works both ways doesn't it. Because you say it is doesn't make it so.
Ask around. You'll hear the answer.
I might hear an opinion but I won't hear an answer. With no clearly defined criteria it's all just opinion. Anyway....what i'm trying to get at is that it shouldn't be a football or a basketball or a baseball or a volleyball or a track school. The same enthusiasm and intrest should be put into all of them. When football season rolls around I have know less enthusiasm as i do when Basketball rolls around or when baseball season rolls around my enthusiasm is the same as it is for basketball. I'm not ready to say that one sport is more important than the rest. Look at Greenup.....Look at the division at that school because they want to make it a "Football school".
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:I might hear an opinion but I won't hear an answer. With no clearly defined criteria it's all just opinion. Anyway....what i'm trying to get at is that it shouldn't be a football or a basketball or a baseball or a volleyball or a track school. The same enthusiasm and intrest should be put into all of them. When football season rolls around I have know less enthusiasm as i do when Basketball rolls around or when baseball season rolls around my enthusiasm is the same as it is for basketball. I'm not ready to say that one sport is more important than the rest. Look at Greenup.....Look at the division at that school because they want to make it a "Football school".
Raceland is a football school. No matter how enthused you get about the others. I'm sure Scott Floyd is enthused when Oct. 15 rolls around. Bet he'd tell you Raceland is a football school. Give him a call.
I don't know his number.
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:I might hear an opinion but I won't hear an answer. With no clearly defined criteria it's all just opinion. Anyway....what i'm trying to get at is that it shouldn't be a football or a basketball or a baseball or a volleyball or a track school. The same enthusiasm and intrest should be put into all of them. When football season rolls around I have know less enthusiasm as i do when Basketball rolls around or when baseball season rolls around my enthusiasm is the same as it is for basketball. I'm not ready to say that one sport is more important than the rest. Look at Greenup.....Look at the division at that school because they want to make it a "Football school".

Do people talk about Raceland basketball in the offseason????? No, well not nearly as much as football..same goes for all the other sports. Raceland football is talked about 365 days a YEAR! And to anwser your question about criteria..who cares what other people think, we in Ram land know we can play football down here along side us.23 and aywhere else we go, we dont need outside people judginf the criteria of our program, we know what our program is and where it is and its been that way for years upon years now!
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:I don't know his number.
You can reach him at the school, 606-FOOTBAL
BIGRAMLOVER1979 Wrote:Do people talk about Raceland basketball in the offseason????? No, well not nearly as much as football..same goes for all the other sports. Raceland football is talked about 365 days a week! And to anwser your question about criteria..who cares what other people think, we in Ram land know we can play football down here along side us.23 and aywhere else we go, we dont need outside people judginf the criteria of our program, we know what our program is and where it is and its been that way for years upon years now!
Now THAT makes it a football school:lmao:
OU812 Wrote:Now THAT makes it a football school:lmao:

You bet your sack it does!!! lol I corrected it!!
BIGRAMLOVER1979 Wrote:Do people talk about Raceland basketball in the offseason????? No, well not nearly as much as football..same goes for all the other sports. Raceland football is talked about 365 days a week! And to anwser your question about criteria..who cares what other people think, we in Ram land know we can play football down here along side us.23 and aywhere else we go, we dont need outside people judginf the criteria of our program, we know what our program is and where it is and its been that way for years upon years now!

I didn't know there were 365 days in a week. You can talk about it 24 hours a year....7 days a day and 365 days a week that still doesn't make it a football school. I talk about baseball in my sleep....does that make it a baseball school?
When I was in school we won District Titles in baseball, basketball, football and a state championship in Track. Of course if the playoff format was like it is now we would've more than likely had a regional title in football too. Maybe even a state runner up but Pikeville was awful tough that year as well. But anyways, that's a story for another day.
That district title in football meant more than all of those to most people. Even more than having Raceland's only state championship. Don't get me wrong it was great to win a State Title. But it just seems like not to many people care. With all that said I'd have to say Raceland is a football school. It was when I was there and I think it is even more so now. Why? Because it's the most important sport to the school. To the fans, students, faculty, etc. I think that's what determines what type of school you are. Not to mention kids are leaving other area schools to come play football at Raceland. You could make an arguement for that fact alone. People take it the most serious when it comes a Raceland athletics. If you see someone at SuperQuik chances are you could ask them what Raceland's record was in football and they could tell you. If you asked them about Basketball or Baseball they probably wouldn't have a clue. I don't even have a clue myself honestly. A good example on the college level is Virginia Tech they have never won a NCAA title in football. But football is most important to that school. And most would say they're a football school.

But on to more important things. I would think the head coaching job has been going to Coach Maynard for awhile now. He's to good of a coach to be sitting in second place as a assistant defensive coordinator. If he thought he wasn't going to eventually become the head coach I think he would've left to become so at another school. As far as the offense goes it should be interesting to see. Is the offensive line going to be strong enough to entirely convert to a run type offense? That offense only works if you have the big guys up front to run it. Just ask the Russell Red Devils lol.
Hmmmmm. Interesting.
It's very interesting.....I find it very interesting that people have such a clouded view of things. Oh well....Thats the world we live in today.
I will be interested to see if any new blood will be brought in to be an assistant coach.
Congrats to Coach Maynard from GC land. Look forward to battling many Fridays with ya buddy.