Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Calipari to Bulls?
theVILLE Wrote:Think about it like this..
Derrick rose
Possibly Dwade
No doubt lebron

Those three on the same team would be a ring....

YOur not getting lebron and wade on the same team.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:YOur not getting lebron and wade on the same team.

nope, not when a team has or will only have around $20 - $22 Million available and about $16-17 million on a top notched Free-Agent....i would love to see the bulls get both Wade and Lebron but the possiblity of that happening is unlikely IMO
Strikeout King Wrote:nope, not when a team has or will only have around $20 - $22 Million available and about $16-17 million on a top notched Free-Agent....i would love to see the bulls get both Wade and Lebron but the possiblity of that happening is unlikely IMO

I agree it is...But i thought cal could get anybody he wanted lol:biggrin:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IAJ
"IT'S ALL JESUS"
theVILLE Wrote:I agree it is...But i thought cal could get anybody he wanted lol:biggrin:

he could and can but here is the question, would Lebron or Dwayne settle for about $6-8 Million??
The Chicago Tribune Only Has 5 Possible Candidates for The Head Coaching Position

1) Lawrence Frank

2) Byron Scott

3) Maurice Cheeks

4) Kevin McHale

5) Dwane Case
At the time, the April 22 scene appeared benign, two friends taking in a basketball game to witness other friends.

When Kentucky coach John Calipari strolled down a United Center hallway with powerhouse agent Leon Rose following Game 3 of the Bulls- Cavaliers series, nobody paid much attention.

Calipari and Leon Rose are friends. Calipari coached Derrick Rose at Memphis. And the respected Leon Rose's prize client on a large roster of NBA players is LeBron James.

But with reports emerging that Calipari has interest in the Bulls' job and James will be the most coveted free agent to hit the market July 1, the conspiracy theorists are having a field day.

[URL="https://services.chicagotribune.com/Circulation/publicHome.htm?OC=X317&Z=N&R=1"]
[/URL]

And the Bulls' coach search is, officially, just one day old.

Pay no mind to Calipari's denials based on semantics. "I'm not out searching for jobs." or "You won't hear about other colleges because I have the best job." Several NBA sources confirmed Yahoo! Sports' original report that Calipari has interest.

Whether it's reciprocal is unknown. General manager Gar Forman said he won't give updates, and team sources didn't shed any light on the matter.

Typically, Calipari would seem to represent the kind of slick candidate that turns off the Bulls. But this summer's free-agent class adds a unique dynamic to this coach search, one where Calipari's friendship with both Roses and James can't be ignored.

That's not to say Calipari, who hasn't coached in the NBA since 1999, will be interviewed. It is to remind that Forman stressed not to rule out any candidates as he embarks on gathering information and background.

More realistic, the initial feedback the Bulls have received on at least Mo Cheeks, Lawrence Frank and Kevin McHale has been favorable. Though the Bulls wouldn't confirm it, a logical assumption is that those three will receive interviews.

Dwane Casey, a finalist when the Bulls hired Vinny Del *****, is another possible interviewee. There are no known scheduled interviews.

Frank is vacationing in Italy until the weekend. He has made it clear in the past he seeks to return to the NBA sidelines after the Nets fired him early in the 2009-10 season with a 225-241 career mark.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/bas...0617.story
I tend to agree… with Mike McGraw of the Daily Herald:

“Can everyone please stop writing about John Calipari and the Bulls? It’s not going to happen and these stories exist only to coax Kentucky into giving him a raise. The guy is an excellent recruiter of high school talent, not an NBA coach.”

After all, here’s what Calipari had to say about the situation via an audio post on Lexy: “All right everybody, calm down. Take a breath. People can say whatever and rumors and throw and … let me just tell you, I am happy to be the coach at Kentucky. I love it. I’m having a ball.”

He could be posturing, of course, but I don’t think so. So why doesn’t he just come out and say he is absolutely, positively not interested in the Bulls coaching job in any way, shape or form? Why, because that could hurt his bargaining leverage at Kentucky.

Anyway, after the Vinny Del ***** experiment, I would think the front office would want a proven NBA coach…and proven at the college level is not the same thing.

http://bullsbythehorns.com/?p=1964
Therea are alot of thing that can make you think cal is going to the net like Rose playing at the bulls, james is a free agent his summer...Best one is KNight signing the aid agreement, but idk if he will try the nba yet
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IAJ
"IT'S ALL JESUS"
http://collegebasketball.rivals.com/cont...ID=1082537
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IAJ
"IT'S ALL JESUS"
Cal would be a good fit...but the BBN would hate to let him go
KSR is reporting that The Bulls Are NOT considering Coach Cal For The Head Coaching Vacancy