Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Calipari to Bulls?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
"Yahoo Sports reports that Coach Cal does have interest in the Chicago Bulls coaching job."

- via Matt Jones tweet

But Andy Katz says that John Calipari told him that he has no interest in the Bulls coaching job.
I'm sure nothing will come of this he wont leave UK after just one season and they way he has been out recruiting lately makes you think. Why go to the NBA other than money he tried it once and failed, I know that could make someone want to try it again but I don't think he will. You wont hear from any other colleges going after him because no one can compete with UK so every time you hear of an NBA opening his name will be involved. One thing you could look at though is Rose is on the Bulls and he did coach him in college... But that's something for some other time.
i'd believe Andy Katz over Yahoo Sports! i don't see Lebron going to the Bulls so why would Calipari go there??? the Bulls are more in talks and trying to get Dwayne Wade....right now here are the possible candidates for the job.

Maurice Cheeks (Been Head Coach Twice)

Doug Collins (Former Bulls Coach)

Jeff Van Gundy (Slim Chance That He Gets It After What He Said About The Bulls Management About Del ***** During A Playoff Game)

Byron Scott (Former Nets and Hornets Coach)

Tom Thibodeau (Celtics Assistant)

Lawrence Frank (Former Nets Coach)

Dwane Case (Former Timberwolves Coach)

Avery Johnson (Former Mavericks Coach)

Phil Jackson (Current Lakes Coach)

Eric Musselman (Former Kings & Warriors Head Coach)

Mike Fratello

Mark Jackson

Tyrone Corbin (Never Heard Of This Guy)

http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nba/ne...id=5151209
I say Avery Johnson, Mike Fratello, and Byron Scott are real and likely possibilities.
outdoorsman43 Wrote:I say Avery Johnson, Mike Fratello, and Byron Scott are real and likely possibilities.

what coaching experience does Mike Fratello have??? isn't he one of the announcers on either ESPN or TNT????

This From Bulls GM Gar Forman

"Bulls general manager Gar Forman said late Tuesday morning that he already received 20 messages from coaches or representatives looking to fill the team’s coaching vacancy.

Vinny Del ***** was fired Monday after two seasons.

Forman also said he expects Del ***** will get another head coaching position in the NBA – soon, and he said the Bulls would provide a positive recommendation.

Stay tuned here for more details throughout the day"

http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/bull...ates-lining-up
Strikeout King Wrote:what coaching experience does Mike Fratello have??? isn't he one of the announcers on either ESPN or TNT????

This From Bulls GM Gar Forman

"Bulls general manager Gar Forman said late Tuesday morning that he already received 20 messages from coaches or representatives looking to fill the team’s coaching vacancy.

Vinny Del ***** was fired Monday after two seasons.

Forman also said he expects Del ***** will get another head coaching position in the NBA – soon, and he said the Bulls would provide a positive recommendation.

Stay tuned here for more details throughout the day"

http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/bull...ates-lining-up

Mike Fratello was coach of the Memphis Grizzlies for a couple or three seasons. I'm pretty sure he coached another franchise. I just can't think of what team it was. And yes, he's currently at TNT.
outdoorsman43 Wrote:Mike Fratello was coach of the Memphis Grizzlies for a couple or three seasons. I'm pretty sure he coached another franchise. I just can't think of what team it was. And yes, he's currently at TNT.

i thought he was at TNT.....should be very interesting next couple days
http://twitter.com/UKCoachCalipari

Calipari seems to think that this rumor needs to be put to an end.
I say Avery Johnson gets the Bulls job.
outdoorsman43 Wrote:Mike Fratello was coach of the Memphis Grizzlies for a couple or three seasons. I'm pretty sure he coached another franchise. I just can't think of what team it was. And yes, he's currently at TNT.

Fratello's been around awhile. I know he used to coach the Hawks in the 80's, not sure where all else he's been.
Fratello has coached the Hawks, Cavaliers and Grizzlies and he was a pretty good coach. I don't see Cal going anywhere, not after the recruiting job he had done this and last season. Plus he just announced yesterday the thing about the mentoring program and some other stuff. I just can't see him leaving. Del ***** never deserved that job in the first place, he was horrible, not that I care about the bulls, I actually can't stand them and thats mainly because of Noah being on the team. I know I shouldn't hold one player against them but I just can not bring myself to like them or any other teams that have former Florida, Duke or Carolina players on the roster.
Calipari said on Facebook he is not leaving UK.
If he has said he isn't leaving then i believe this one deserves to be closed.
Well, he didn't really say he wouldn't leave, but it sounds like he won't be leaving.

Here is the quote:

"Throughout my career I've been mentioned for other jobs. Now that I'm here u won't hear about other colleges because I've got the best job. Every year you will hear my named mentioned for NBA jobs because I coached in the league before. I'm very happy at Kentucky. Go Big Blue!"
CardinalAlum Wrote:If he has said he isn't leaving then i believe this one deserves to be closed.

I'm pretty confident that anything said on Twitter must be 100% accurate. I have never, ever, I repeat ever heard a coach say he is not leaving and then........:HitWall:
I dont see cal going anywhere besides the NBA! If he leaves UK it will be for the NBA and more money...Cal is happy here at UK, makes plenty of moeny i just dont see him leaving
Stardust Wrote:I'm pretty confident that anything said on Twitter must be 100% accurate. I have never, ever, I repeat ever heard a coach say he is not leaving and then........:HitWall:

I agree. Didn't Coach Cal say he wasn't leaving Memphis the day before he came to UK? I don't see him leaving though.
He is getting a contract extension, so IMO he wont try the NBA waters again.
according to KSR Calipari has interest in the Bulls Job....but they also said that Cal himself said that he didn't have any interest....

Terrence Jones says he’s still committed to Washington, but is not willing to sign anything at this point
John Clay says there is no reason for UK to renegotiate Calipari’s contract
Calipari’s has interest in the Bulls’ job — despite denials based on semantics
It remains to be seen how serious Calipari is about Chicago
Calipari says he will remain UK’s coach and isn’t searching for other jobs
CJ Leslie finally signed his letter of intent to play at North Carolina State

http://kentuckysportsradio.com/?p=51127
Sounds like alot going around about this...Cal say he is staying..I dont trust that...do i think he will leave, nope...But he could leave and coach the best PG he has ever coached in Derrick rose, he could lure Lebron to the bulls, and possibly dwade...I mean if bron and wade promise to go i could see it happening but not until then
theVILLE Wrote:Sounds like alot going around about this...Cal say he is staying..I dont trust that...do i think he will leave, nope...But he could leave and coach the best PG he has ever coached in Derrick rose, he could lure Lebron to the bulls, and possibly dwade...I mean if bron and wade promise to go i could see it happening but not until then

i actually just read just a minute ago somewhere, that stated that the bulls might try to get Calipari to lure King James To The Bulls
Aslan Wrote:I say Avery Johnson gets the Bulls job.

i don't won't him to get the job
Strikeout King Wrote:i don't won't him to get the job

Why not? I thought he did a good job when he coached.
Aslan Wrote:Why not? I thought he did a good job when he coached.

i don't think he done that good of job with the Mavericks that's why he's not there coach anymore
I thought he did pretty well. He got the Mavs to there only Finals appearance.
Aslan Wrote:I thought he did pretty well. He got the Mavs to there only Finals appearance.

Was he fired?
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Was he fired?

yes i believe so
Jim Rome did a burn on this situation yesterday. First off, I pretty much hate Jim Rome, but I tend to agree with him on this one. He said it was only a matter of time until Calipari moved on to the next job, just like he always does. He added, that it wasn't a matter of if, but when he does it. Either way, Calipari comes out with plenty of green because this will serve as plenty of leverage toward more money from UK or the money that the NBA can provide.
Once again, as it will be after every regular season, Cal is on the hot seat for numerous NBA jobs. But in no sitaution do I think that Cal would uproot his life once again to prove something like this to himself. I think that he understands that he is in the biggest spotlight in college sports and will continue to be able to produce the same kinds of teams. He will not go anywhere and I think that he is at UK until retirement.
Think about it like this..
Derrick rose
Possibly Dwade
No doubt lebron

Those three on the same team would be a ring....
Pages: 1 2