Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
14th Region Top 10 Ratings as of 1/19
Aslan Wrote:6-10 could play with Breathitt on certain nights and beat them on rare occasions. Hazard would beat Breathitt by double digits at the moment.

I also think Hazard would beat Breathitt now. I think they play again in February, so I guess we'll find out.
Aslan Wrote:I think there's a possibly of 6-10 beating Breathitt.

Wolfe County actaully has a good chance of knocking off of any team in the region. I do think they will, well no but I do think they can.They made it to the semi finals of region last year. Creech has that team playing well as of late, if there is a team from the 6-10 teams, it would be the wolves.I dont think they are as good as Perry, Hazard, and Knott but I wouldnt be suprised if they gave one of those teams a run for their money come March.
The Courier Journal has Knott, Perry, Hazard, Breathitt, Buckhorn and Letcher as the top six, just like the preseason rankings.

It's interesting how very little has changed.
1A. Knott Central
1B. Perry Central

3A. Hazard
3B. Breathitt

5. Buckhorn

Perry and Knott are well ahead of the rest of the class at this point in the season. Breathitt did beat Hazard but Hazard is playing better than Breathitt right now. Buckhorn is a sleeper team who could upset anyone in the region on any given night.
Perry and Knott are definitely at the top, but Hazard is playing better than earlier in the year. Looks like they are on their way to another All A title. Will be a force to deal with by march.
mountain hoops guru Wrote:1. Knott, until someone knocks them off they will be at the top
2. Perry, with them beating Breathitt easily, showed this is where they belong
3. Breathitt, they beat Hazard by double digits
4. Hazard, starting to play better than earlier in the season
5. Buckhorn, still a dangerous team when healthy, interesting 54th district draw is waiting
6. Wolfe, played Breathitt within 5 pts the other night, playing well right now
7. Cordia, look like a different team and starting to find theirselves
8. Powell, much improved from last year
9. JBS, just lost to LCC by 15, but beat them earlier by around that margin
10. LCC, tough losing that many players, but starting to play better
Bubble teams: Owsley, Lee, both could upset any of the 6-10 teams

The Hazard/Buckhorn All A final could be fun to watch on Saturday if that is how it turns out this week.
With 3 of Breathitts players missing they did.:lmao: