Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
14th Region Top 10 Ratings as of 1/19
1. Knott, until someone knocks them off they will be at the top
2. Perry, with them beating Breathitt easily, showed this is where they belong
3. Breathitt, they beat Hazard by double digits
4. Hazard, starting to play better than earlier in the season
5. Buckhorn, still a dangerous team when healthy, interesting 54th district draw is waiting
6. Wolfe, played Breathitt within 5 pts the other night, playing well right now
7. Cordia, look like a different team and starting to find theirselves
8. Powell, much improved from last year
9. JBS, just lost to LCC by 15, but beat them earlier by around that margin
10. LCC, tough losing that many players, but starting to play better
Bubble teams: Owsley, Lee, both could upset any of the 6-10 teams

The Hazard/Buckhorn All A final could be fun to watch on Saturday if that is how it turns out this week.
These look good to me.
I really like Leslie Co. in that 10 spot. A double digit win at Owsley this past weekend really helps their profile. They struggle against Hazard, but how many 14th region teams don't?
kryptonite Wrote:I really like Leslie Co. in that 10 spot. A double digit win at Owsley this past weekend really helps their profile. They struggle against Hazard, but how many 14th region teams don't?

Would have to agree, that was a big win at Owsley County, but Owsley did play about 4 nights in a row and it was homecoming. Leslie is improving and they are looking better than earlier in the year definitely.
#1 - Perry Central
#2 - Hazard
#3 - Knott Central
#4 - Buckhorn
#5 - Breathitt County

Nobody else has a snowballs chance in **** of winning the Region.
I don't think that Cordia should be ranked that high but i guess that because we beat them. I do agree with your statement about the bubble teams because Lee County beat Cordia ans only lost to Powell by 1 point and Wolfe by 2!
warmachine Wrote:#1 - Perry Central
#2 - Hazard
#3 - Knott Central
#4 - Buckhorn
#5 - Breathitt County

Knott #3 after beating Hazard twice? I understand it was at Knott but I don't think they could even be thought of as #3.
#2 - Hazard
#3 - Knott Central
#4 - Buckhorn
#5 - Breathitt County

There's no way Hazard is #2!! At best they might be #3 but I sure wouldn't put them there!

1. Knott Central
2. Perry Central
3. Breathitt Co.
4. Buckhorn
5. Hazard
1. Perry Central
2. Knott Central
3. Hazard
4. Buckhorn
5. Breathitt
6. Cordia
7. Letcher
8. Powell
9. Leslie
10. JBS

Changed my mind..lol
Knott has beaten Hazard twice, but it has been at their place and Breathitt has also beaten Hazard also this was at Breathitt. If Hazard plays these teams on a neutral court or at home we can see if their is a difference, but until then they are #4. Maybe even 5 behind the Horn.
Perry will get their shot at becoming #1 very soon, will be fun to watch.
#2 - Hazard
#3 - Knott Central
#4 - Buckhorn
#5 - Breathitt County

Would definitely have to agree with these 5 teams being the only ones that have a shot, but 3 of the 5 could also be upset by #6-10, that is the difference. :rockon:
Kcc
kcc
kcc
kcc
kcc
kcc
kcc
jbs
jbs
kcc
Overrated Wrote:Kcc
kcc
kcc
kcc
kcc
kcc
kcc
jbs
jbs
kcc

:wtf1::ban:
king360 Wrote::wtf1::ban:

:nope:
Overrated Wrote:Kcc
kcc
kcc
kcc
kcc
kcc
kcc
jbs
jbs
kcc

Yeah thats kind of pointless and rediculous!!
1. Perry Central
2. Knott Central
3. Hazard
4. Breathitt
5. Buckhorn
6. Cordia
7. Letcher
8. Powell
9. Leslie
10. JBS

:1:
Overrated Wrote::nope:

:please::biggrin:
mountain hoops guru Wrote:1. Knott, until someone knocks them off they will be at the top
2. Perry, with them beating Breathitt easily, showed this is where they belong
3. Breathitt, they beat Hazard by double digits
4. Hazard, starting to play better than earlier in the season
5. Buckhorn, still a dangerous team when healthy, interesting 54th district draw is waiting
6. Wolfe, played Breathitt within 5 pts the other night, playing well right now
7. Cordia, look like a different team and starting to find theirselves
8. Powell, much improved from last year
9. JBS, just lost to LCC by 15, but beat them earlier by around that margin
10. LCC, tough losing that many players, but starting to play better
Bubble teams: Owsley, Lee, both could upset any of the 6-10 teams

The Hazard/Buckhorn All A final could be fun to watch on Saturday if that is how it turns out this week.

!
Agree with everything, looks good MHG! :Thumbs:
leecoukfan Wrote:Yeah thats kind of pointless and rediculous!!

Im sorry?
6-10 might knock off Breathitt possibly but not any of the 1 - 4 come tournament time. Nobody in the Region can stop Josh Whitaker and Big Al Fugate. I think Hazard is the darkhorse this year and will probably make the trip back to Rupp. Big Al Holland finds a way to win.
At the moment...
1. Knott, as much as it pains me to type this Sad, there playing better than anyone in the region, imo there a hair better than Perry ATM.
2. Perry, good win against Breathitt, big games coming up soon. They need some statement W's.
3. Hazard, Not to far behind Knott/Perry. I know Breathitt beat them earlier in the year, but ATM Hazard would beat them. Hazard is the most improved team from the start of the year.
4. Buckhorn, them and Breathitt are about the same, but the Horn plays more D than the Bobcats.
5. Breathitt, they could beat 1-4 if the situation was right, lack of defense is going to kill them come post season time.
Aslan Wrote:At the moment...
1. Knott, as much as it pains me to type this Sad, there playing better than anyone in the region, imo there a hair better than Perry ATM.
2. Perry, good win against Breathitt, big games coming up soon. They need some statement W's.
3. Hazard, Not to far behind Knott/Perry. I know Breathitt beat them earlier in the year, but ATM Hazard would beat them. Hazard is the most improved team from the start of the year.
4. Buckhorn, them and Breathitt are about the same, but the Horn plays more D than the Bobcats.
5. Breathitt, they could beat 1-4 if the situation was right, lack of defense is going to kill them come post season time.

Hey I agree with most of this but after watching KCC against Breathitt tonight I don't think KCC and match up with PCC. PCC plays to good of defense and I don't think that KCC can match up with big Dillion.
foreverUK Wrote:Hey I agree with most of this but after watching KCC against Breathitt tonight I don't think KCC and match up with PCC. PCC plays to good of defense and I don't think that KCC can match up with big Dillion.

I was thinking the same thing
warmachine Wrote:6-10 might knock off Breathitt possibly but not any of the 1 - 4 come tournament time. Nobody in the Region can stop Josh Whitaker and Big Al Fugate. I think Hazard is the darkhorse this year and will probably make the trip back to Rupp. Big Al Holland finds a way to win.

Did you mean Buckhorn instead of Breathitt?
Breathitt has nobody that can stop Matt Day.

Dillon Cornett barely even shoots the ball 3 or 4 times a game. He doesnt post up close enough to the basketball for a guy as big as he is. He should camp out below the block. He lets little guys push him out. Corey Martin wont throw it to Big D anyway.
Breathitt needs to find a way to stop people, they give up to many easy baskets. They have got to learn how to clog up the lane and make teams try and out shoot them. Looks like they let people score layups so they can rush down and shoot a 3, classic Pitino, but doesn't work out too well if they aren't hitting the 3 ball. Defense is the key to winning games and if they want to go anywhere they have to find a way to stop people.
wolfe county does not need to be in the top 10
leecoukfan Wrote:Did you mean Buckhorn instead of Breathitt?

I think there's a possibly of 6-10 beating Breathitt.
Aslan Wrote:I think there's a possibly of 6-10 beating Breathitt.

I honestly don't see 6-10 beating Breathitt because Wolfe has played them twice and lost both times. Also Cordia beat Powell Co and Letcher, and well you saw Hazard take them out behind the woodshed and give them and old fashioned country a** whoopin! And Breathitt beat Hazard by 12 so with all that said i still don't see any of these 6-10 teams beating the Bobcats.
leecoukfan Wrote:I honestly don't see 6-10 beating Breathitt because Wolfe has played them twice and lost both times. Also Cordia beat Powell Co and Letcher, and well you saw Hazard take them out behind the woodshed and give them and old fashioned country a** whoopin! And Breathitt beat Hazard by 12 so with all that said i still don't see any of these 6-10 teams beating the Bobcats.

6-10 could play with Breathitt on certain nights and beat them on rare occasions. Hazard would beat Breathitt by double digits at the moment.