Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
can russell repeat in 06
HappyGilmore Wrote:Not to nitpick, but they only played in '04 & '05.

So which one did you get to see? I am assuming the '05 game.

What I meant was that I have the games that were played in 03 and 04. Yea it was the 03-04 and 04-05 school year. I watched the Belfry/OC game. Haven't watched the Belfry/Etown game which is the one that Belfryjustice says is the best of the 2.
Belfry/Etown was the better ballgame of the 2
Russell could re-peat in '06, Bu I do think Belfry will have something to say about it. Its the District 8 teams turn to host again this coming year....
Midee1 Wrote:What I meant was that I have the games that were played in 03 and 04. Yea it was the 03-04 and 04-05 school year. I watched the Belfry/OC game. Haven't watched the Belfry/Etown game which is the one that Belfryjustice says is the best of the 2.

As sloppy as it was, it did have the closer score. I think Belfry actually played a better game in '04.
if they want it
Blackcat75 Wrote:if they want it

Huh?. Do you think they will pass on next years state title. They probabley don't even want to make the playoffs. PLEASE.........Rolleyes
Matney's Prodigey Wrote:Huh?. Do you think they will pass on next years state title. They probabley don't even want to make the playoffs. PLEASE.........Rolleyes

:lol: :lol:

I think those boys will just ride the feelings of this years Championship and rest next year. After all they have 26 more years to prepare for another.:big grin:
LOL Midee.. I said the exact same thing when they won this one !!! Smile
[QUOTE] Orinally posted by Midee1

"That's what everyone said about 05."

No we said that we were confident in our team. Listen just because Russel won ONE championship does'nt mean they're the best. Besides we all know who the best is it's.......

[B]BELFRY PIRATES
[QUOTE="pirate16"]
Quote: Orinally posted by Midee1

"That's what everyone said about 05."

No we said that we were confident in our team. Listen just because Russel won ONE championship does'nt mean they're the best. Besides we all know who the best is it's.......

[B]BELFRY PIRATES

FYI Russell has won 2 Championships. One in AAA and 1 in AA. Russell is the best in 2005. Belfry was 03 and 04. Remember to be the best you have to beat the best.
Yea Midee ,tell'em. Russell has 17 returners who played in the state championship game, plus the Harvey kid coming home at 6'6" 320 and the Cordle kid moving back home who runs a 4.6 or 4.5- both are freshman this year.
nope they ain't got it
crazycatcher Wrote:nope they ain't got it

Now that's some solid reasoning there. Would you care to elaborate as to why they won't?

What don't they have?
Just a little information on Russell.

Can they repeat: Sure

What did they lose: 11 seniors. Several were 2 way starters. My son included.

Do they have the talent coming in: YES. The kids that played in limited roles. Were in some cases as good or better that some of the starters.

Are they guaranteed a trip to the regionals.: No but then again neither is Belfry. BUT looking at history it says that both teams will have a legitimate shot at meeting again. I know that in the 4 years my son was playing they won their District all 4 years. Region 3 out of 4. Made it to the semi state 3 out of 4 and had 1 state championship.

Difference from the 05 team to the 06 team.: I think the 05 team was to good. and it ended up biting them in the arse in the state semi's. The 06 team no one heard anything about them. They kind of came in under the radar. They played their style of football. They did not dominate but had what it took to get the job done. They played 4 quarters of football with the starters most of the time. Which I think helped them the deeper they got into the playoffs.

Predicitions for the 06-07 season. Look for both teams to make a solid run towards the title. Possilbe rematch of 05.

I may even come watch the Ashland/Belfry game. Does anyone know when it is?????
Midee1 Wrote:Just a little information on Russell.

Can they repeat: Sure

What did they lose: 11 seniors. Several were 2 way starters. My son included.

Do they have the talent coming in: YES. The kids that played in limited roles. Were in some cases as good or better that some of the starters.

Are they guaranteed a trip to the regionals.: No but then again neither is Belfry. BUT looking at history it says that both teams will have a legitimate shot at meeting again. I know that in the 4 years my son was playing they won their District all 4 years. Region 3 out of 4. Made it to the semi state 3 out of 4 and had 1 state championship.

Difference from the 05 team to the 06 team.: I think the 05 team was to good. and it ended up biting them in the arse in the state semi's. The 06 team no one heard anything about them. They kind of came in under the radar. They played their style of football. They did not dominate but had what it took to get the job done. They played 4 quarters of football with the starters most of the time. Which I think helped them the deeper they got into the playoffs.

Predicitions for the 06-07 season. Look for both teams to make a solid run towards the title. Possilbe rematch of 05.

I may even come watch the Ashland/Belfry game. Does anyone know when it is?????

You make some very valid points. I do feel as if it will be more difficult for Russell this year. They lost a great deal of talent from last years title team. We also know that they have a great deal of talent coming back that must be respected. It is very possible that Belfry and Russell will meet again. Belfry should also be a solid team this year. I don't know about you, but I can't wait until the fun starts again. The family hooked me up on some great tail gating equipment for this season.

:thumb: TongueirateSho
BelfryJustice Wrote:You make some very valid points. I do feel as if it will be more difficult for Russell this year. They lost a great deal of talent from last years title team. We also know that they have a great deal of talent coming back that must be respected. It is very possible that Belfry and Russell will meet again. Belfry should also be a solid team this year. I don't know about you, but I can't wait until the fun starts again. The family hooked me up on some great tail gating equipment for this season.

:thumb: TongueirateSho

I'm ready for it all to start. This year will be so much easier for me to watch. My oldest son was a senior on this team. So next year I can just relax and enjoy some high school football. No more Football Booster president duties to deal with. No more terrible nerves watching my son play. Just enjoy some football. How long till August???????????
they r good but not a repeat
possible but not going to happen with the loss of tommy brown
I love Tommy very much and people will tell you that he was one of the hardest hitting kids on the team this year. Just look at the Ashland game when he shucked the cornerback with a stiff arm that leveled the kid. Then he had the hardest hit I have seen in a long time at the West Carter Game when he leveled the wide out coming out for a pass. DEMOLISHED !!!!!
BUT !!!
To say that Russell will not repeat because of Tommy is an overstatement.
Tommy has the ability to play college ball, and I hope that he does. We will miss his ability next year, but dont count us out.