Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boyle County's Rees MacShara's College Offers?
Beetle01 Wrote:Not D1 talent.

He would be solid for D2. Its hard to tell how good he is since he played Hs football in Kentucky.

Our Hs system is pathetic compared to most other states, which is why rarely do kids get any notice in Kentucky, usually they have to be from Louisville to get any notice.
I don't share your opinion of the talent or level of play. There are many KY High School players that will continue on in College. Not all are D1 but will play at various levels.

A lot of KY talent have gone on to major D1 programs and the NFL. The problem in KY is District play isn't always conducive to playing great talent, unless in the Lex./Louisville/Northern KY/Western KY area. The ability to evaluate then is emphasized in Camps and Combines, which many don't attend.

I hope MacShara excels in College, as do all KY players.
LClion4life Wrote:If he goes to Wofford he'll be teammates w/ Corbin's Caleb Watkins.

:Thumbs: That would be great!
i liked playing against him heck of a football player
Did EKU not recruit Watkins or Mcshara? If not, they are clueless.
Augie Garrido Wrote:I don't share your opinion of the talent or level of play. There are many KY High School players that will continue on in College. Not all are D1 but will play at various levels.

A lot of KY talent have gone on to major D1 programs and the NFL. The problem in KY is District play isn't always conducive to playing great talent, unless in the Lex./Louisville/Northern KY/Western KY area. The ability to evaluate then is emphasized in Camps and Combines, which many don't attend.

I hope MacShara excels in College, as do all KY players.

Kentucky as a whole is not "pathetic", but in comparison to the talent pool and overal quality of play of other states it clearly is not up to par.

Highlands finished #2 in the nation, but I saw at least 8-10 teams this year in Georgia who I would expect to beat Highlands by 2 TD's on any given night. Kentucky has about 25-30 traditionally "competitive" teams, but only 3-5 teams who could respectively "contend" in their respective classes in most other powerhouse states.
Guys, please wake up and realize whats going on. For example, Rees MacShara runs a 4.55 40. Rivals-the most popular recruiting site-has a TON of RBs ranked in their Top 50 that are slower, smaller and less productive. See for yourself! In fact, Rivals' Number 7 CB runs a 4.68 40, not only that, hes ranked in the Top 100 overall and got a scholarship from Michigan! Now, I hate to say this(really I do) but if he were white, do you think this CB would be rated so high? In last years NFL draft, a guy named Knowshon Moreno was drafted in the 1st round. Guess what else, he runs a 4.62 40 and was the SAME EXACT size as MacShara coming out of high school! Toby Gerhart ran 4.48 40 (to contrast, the fastest guy in last years NFL Draft, Cedric Peerman, ran a 4.45), is the NATIONS 3rd leading rusher EVER in high school, Californias LEADING RUSHER(shattering past RIVALS number 1 OVERALL recruit Lorenzo Booker's record by over 1,000 yds) yet Rivals ranked him the 40th best "all purpose" back, 7th best "fullback"(!?..because he was white), and Stanford was the ONLY D1 school that would allow Toby to play RB not FB or LB(USC coach Carroll admits he didnt think hed be that good and said they would not of "allowed" him to play RB). Bobby Bowden told Kevin Harris' Dad (Kevin Harris, Mr Football,Florida but only got 1 D1 offer to Colorado state) "Coach, I could never bring a white running back back to my university. Thats just the way it is. They wouldnt except it." You guys have NO IDEA the THOUSANDS of Gerharts you never heard of!!! Please, search the players I told you to on Rivals and see if MacShara shouldnt AT LEAST of gotten a D1 offer from a mid-major! He compares to EVERY RIVALS RANKED RB from numbers 15-50(all black, all got D1 scholarships!!!) When you are done with that, start with these two articles:
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/wr...index.html
http://www.castefootball.us/vi*ewarticle...0&ID=23304
CanuhandleTRUTH Wrote:Guys, please wake up and realize whats going on. For example, Rees MacShara runs a 4.55 40. Rivals-the most popular recruiting site-has a TON of RBs ranked in their Top 50 that are slower, smaller and less productive. See for yourself! In fact, Rivals' Number 7 CB runs a 4.68 40, not only that, hes ranked in the Top 100 overall and got a scholarship from Michigan! Now, I hate to say this(really I do) but if he were white, do you think this CB would be rated so high? In last years NFL draft, a guy named Knowshon Moreno was drafted in the 1st round. Guess what else, he runs a 4.62 40 and was the SAME EXACT size as MacShara coming out of high school! Toby Gerhart ran 4.48 40 (to contrast, the fastest guy in last years NFL Draft, Cedric Peerman, ran a 4.45), is the NATIONS 3rd leading rusher EVER in high school, Californias LEADING RUSHER(shattering past RIVALS number 1 OVERALL recruit Lorenzo Booker's record by over 1,000 yds) yet Rivals ranked him the 40th best "all purpose" back, 7th best "fullback"(!?..because he was white), and Stanford was the ONLY D1 school that would allow Toby to play RB not FB or LB(USC coach Carroll admits he didnt think hed be that good and said they would not of "allowed" him to play RB). Bobby Bowden told Kevin Harris' Dad (Kevin Harris, Mr Football,Florida but only got 1 D1 offer to Colorado state) "Coach, I could never bring a white running back back to my university. Thats just the way it is. They wouldnt except it." You guys have NO IDEA the THOUSANDS of Gerharts you never heard of!!! Please, search the players I told you to on Rivals and see if MacShara shouldnt AT LEAST of gotten a D1 offer from a mid-major! He compares to EVERY RIVALS RANKED RB from numbers 15-50(all black, all got D1 scholarships!!!) When you are done with that, start with these two articles:
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/wr...index.html
http://www.castefootball.us/vi*ewarticle...0&ID=23304

Excellent post and right on the mark! :Thumbs:
fan first Wrote:Did EKU not recruit Watkins or Mcshara? If not, they are clueless.

Watkins was offered a full ride and has committed to EKU. He will sign his NLI on Wednesday.
and the NAIA Player of the Year is Lindsey Wilson running back Rees MacShara. sounds good don't it.
When you break it down, 26 white kids(outta 50 states, more than half) lead their states in rushing. Yet, as of today NOT ONE of these kids has received a D1 offer!!(to see the list of the Nations leading rushers, go to MaxPreps->Leaderboard->Football then select Rushing Category)If you look close, do your research, you will find the 50 kids that lead their states come in all shapes, sizes, speed, production, but the one common thread is this(as much as I HATE playing the racial card, SWEAR I DO):The kids that lead their states in rushing that received D1 offers to play HB were ALWAYS black, the kids that do not are ALWAYS white(in spite of being faster n more productive in a lot of cases)
http://www.castefootball.us/viewarticle....0&ID=23304
BTW-a kid that has less yards than Macshara, is WAAAAY WAAAAAY SLOWER got a FULL D1 ride, yet had similar production to Macshara!! ITS A JOKE! STEREOTYPES/PRECONCEIVED NOTIONS/The "black supremacy" myth, destroys these other kids chances!! Spread the truth, expose the LIES!!!
I know EKU is Division 1aa but it is still Division 1 and Caleb Watkins is being recruited as a running back for them. Just saying, while the situation you describe is often the case, it is not always the case. Rees is a very capable player and deserves the opportunity to prove himself. I hope it happens.
Thats exactly my point Bigreddawg. If Caleb Watkins were black, he'd be a D1recruit, without question, at the "athletic/option/big play/" QB positon in the mold of a (bigger)Mike Vick, Donovan McNabb, Vince Young, Jamarcus Russell, Terrell Pryor, etc. He would be regarded as a D1 "project" with "upside." Now, a Tim Tebow slips through the cracks maybe 1-2% of the time (0% of time at CB, 1% at RB, 10% at WR) but the exception proves the rule. And it the stereotype/discrimination barriers get harder at each level. Do you think ANY scout would project Tim Tebow as a FULLBACK(!?) at the NFL level if were black? Of course not!! Would Matt Jones be out of the league after doing cocaine when dog killers, wife abusers, DUI killers, etc are given chance after chance after chance!? Matt Jones would of been drafted as a dual threat QB if he were black! The NFL/D1 RARELY gives whites the years and time to develop into these "athletic"(hint:athletic is interchangable with "blacks only")positions! ITS A JOKE that in an 87% non-black country, 100% of NFL and 99.99% of D1 CBs(we're talking about close to 1000 players!!) are all black...YEAR AFTER YEAR AFTER YEAR!! Anyone interested in the new racism in our "post-racial" society, read the articles below...
http://www.logictimes.com/Blue/Position-Profiling.htm
http://saturdaysoundoffs.blogspot.com/20...ester.html
http://www.castefootball.us/viewarticle....0&ID=23526
http://www.castefootball.us/viewarticle....0&ID=23393
CanuhandleTRUTH Wrote:Thats exactly my point Bigreddawg. If Caleb Watkins were black, he'd be a D1recruit, without question, at the "athletic/option/big play/" QB positon in the mold of a (bigger)Mike Vick, Donovan McNabb, Vince Young, Jamarcus Russell, Terrell Pryor, etc. He would be regarded as a D1 "project" with "upside." Now, a Tim Tebow slips through the cracks maybe 1-2% of the time (0% of time at CB, 1% at RB, 10% at WR) but the exception proves the rule. And it the stereotype/discrimination barriers get harder at each level. Do you think ANY scout would project Tim Tebow as a FULLBACK(!?) at the NFL level if were black? Of course not!! Would Matt Jones be out of the league after doing cocaine when dog killers, wife abusers, DUI killers, etc are given chance after chance after chance!? Matt Jones would of been drafted as a dual threat QB if he were black! The NFL/D1 RARELY gives whites the years and time to develop into these "athletic"(hint:athletic is interchangable with "blacks only")positions! ITS A JOKE that in an 87% non-black country, 100% of NFL and 99.99% of D1 CBs(we're talking about close to 1000 players!!) are all black...YEAR AFTER YEAR AFTER YEAR!! Anyone interested in the new racism in our "post-racial" society, read the articles below...
http://www.logictimes.com/Blue/Position-Profiling.htm
http://saturdaysoundoffs.blogspot.com/20...ester.html
http://www.castefootball.us/viewarticle....0&ID=23526
http://www.castefootball.us/viewarticle....0&ID=23393

Honestly, you can't argue with any of these articles. They are a real eye opener. I hope other coaches and recruiters read these and take a look at the talent that has fallen through the cracks.
Great articles and all on the money. Many, including some on this forum, will label you a racist for daring to speak the truth. Keep fighting the good fight, my friend!
any word on his decision or who all has offered him?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
MacShara signs with Morehead College.
A mod should delete the racist-bigoted articles linked to the American Nationalist Union which you cited. It is a disgrace to anyone with more than a 4th grade education. Go visit a KKK board if that crap gives you a warm fuzzy feeling.
I can honestly understand that and i am the furthest thing from a racist you will find.
Tica Wrote:A mod should delete the racist-bigoted articles linked to the American Nationalist Union which you cited. It is a disgrace to anyone with more than a 4th grade education. Go visit a KKK board if that crap gives you a warm fuzzy feeling.

Why not explain what you don't like about the articles. They seem pretty much on the mark to me.
Lets see the American Nationalist Union has forum topics rationalizing slavery; it has another thread named "get whitey" and another named "the cost of non-whites," and yet another which has this gem "And in human terms, they've screamed at us for 60 years that there are no differences between the races beyond skin color, fecklessly attempting to stonewall the glaringly obvious differences in hair type and facial structure, never mind the deeper ones non-technical people don't suspect re bone density, brain structure etc." and yet another titled "The “Holocaust” is the Hoaxcaust."

It is an outrage and there is no place for that anywhere, much less an open high school sports forum.
Tica Wrote:Lets see the American Nationalist Union has forum topics rationalizing slavery; it has another thread named "get whitey" and another named "the cost of non-whites," and yet another which has this gem "And in human terms, they've screamed at us for 60 years that there are no differences between the races beyond skin color, fecklessly attempting to stonewall the glaringly obvious differences in hair type and facial structure, never mind the deeper ones non-technical people don't suspect re bone density, brain structure etc." and yet another titled "The “Holocaust” is the Hoaxcaust."

It is an outrage and there is no place for that anywhere, much less an open high school sports forum.

I didn't see any of that in the articles posted. Do you agree that white athletes are unfairly stereotyped as slow and not "athletic"? That was the point of the original post. It definitely hurt Rees. Anyone who has ever watched him play knows he has decent speed and is VERY athletic. Let's stay on topic.
So posting links to white supremacist websites is the way to make your point. Sad day for this board and anyone of color who reads it.
Tica Wrote:So posting links to white supremacist websites is the way to make your point. Sad day for this board and anyone of color who reads it.

I didn't post them. I just read them and agree with most of what was written.

White athletes are discriminated against based on the color of their skin. Anyone who denies that is just not being truthful.

Never heard of the group "American Nationalist Union". I know nothing about them. You say they are racist so I'll take your word for it. I say that anyone who stereotypes white athletes as slow and not "athletic" is racist. Will you go on record as agreeing with that?
Tica Wrote:Lets see the American Nationalist Union has forum topics rationalizing slavery; it has another thread named "get whitey" and another named "the cost of non-whites," and yet another which has this gem "And in human terms, they've screamed at us for 60 years that there are no differences between the races beyond skin color, fecklessly attempting to stonewall the glaringly obvious differences in hair type and facial structure, never mind the deeper ones non-technical people don't suspect re bone density, brain structure etc." and yet another titled "The “Holocaust” is the Hoaxcaust."

Dude, you are ruining the name of a kid that is a "great" young man and has a lot of good football ahea dof him. Lets be happy he is getting a shot to play after HS. There are tons of great minority QB's who never got a shot to play the position in college. Why? It's because people thought they were not smart enough to do it. Now, there a bunch of QB's of color. You must be one of those guys that were not very good at sports and you are using this child as your ticket for lunch break conversation....TongueirateSho
Quentin Henson from Lynn Camp (top 10 in the state all time), Chapman from Breathitt (really great running back), Michael West from Lawrence County (top 30 in the NATION all time), Shawn Robbins from Bell County, Scott Russell (Evarts) were all great running backs in my mind to name a few who didn't get really a chance because of stereotypes IMO. The list goes on and on of players in the mountains who were great players (as well across the country, have you ever seen the highlight of Sam McCuffie from Texas; he lasted one year at Michigan and you watch his tape on youtube and see what you think), you would be crazy not to agree on some of the points made because statistics don't lie.
Check your McGuffie facts before you post. You do not have a clue. McGuffie transferred to Rice to be closer to his family. He got plenty of playing time.

Fall 2008 (Michigan)

"Earned a letter as a freshman superback at Michigan, played in 10 games and rushed 118 times for 486 yards and scored three touchdowns... Also caught 10 passes for 175 yards and one TD... Wolverines' second-leading rusher and third-leading receiver... Rushed for 131 yards vs. Notre Dame and 105 against Toledo."

"McGuffie suffered multiple concussions in 2008 at Michigan, three to be exact, including a rough one in the Michigan/Ohio State game."
Was he the number 1 primary back; no. He was behind Brandon Minor, did he ever start a game after those great performances as a freshman; no. I know his stats and what he has done at Michigan that's why it is odd to me to leave after one year, concussions or not he still can receive his free education through medical purposes and run on one of the best tracks team in the country ; maybe he knew that he wasn't ever going to be the primary running back for Rich. If you can name me 5 starting caucasian running backs in D-1, and it can't be at a Ivy or high academic standard school then I will eat crow.
A Mod really needs to move this material out of a thread about Rees and send it to a Political Forum or it's own thread.
Hatz Wrote:A Mod really needs to move this material out of a thread about Rees and send it to a Political Forum or it's own thread.

Why? It directly relates to Rees and his recruiting, or lack there of. There has been no name calling, threats, or rudeness on anyone's part.