Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boyle County's Rees MacShara's College Offers?
Does the senior running back have any offers, if so from who? I mean he had unbelivable stats, 3000 yards, and 40 something touchdowns, Amazing Player.
Best running back in Kentucky IMO.
tcb Wrote:Best running back in Kentucky IMO.

i argee that mr football :1:
tcb Wrote:Best running back in Kentucky IMO.

When you say that, do you mean best high school running back or best college prospect? I would agree he is among the best high school backs in the state.
ladycats09 Wrote:When you say that, do you mean best high school running back or best college prospect? I would agree he is among the best high school backs in the state.

Great point. Two different things entirely. I feel that Rees MacShara is the best high school running back in the state. Unfortunately he probably doesn't have the necessary physical attributes to play D1 college football. I think he would tear up the field at a D3 program though. I'd like to see him play at Centre so I could keep watching him play.

A good comparison at a different level is Tim Tebow. I feel like he is the best college player to have ever played the game. I also feel like he won't have much success in the NFL.
I think he could have good success at a D1 FBS school, such as EKU. A lot of places may not like him because of his height, only 5'9"
BluegrassBuckeye Wrote:Great point. Two different things entirely. I feel that Rees MacShara is the best high school running back in the state. Unfortunately he probably doesn't have the necessary physical attributes to play D1 college football. I think he would tear up the field at a D3 program though. I'd like to see him play at Centre so I could keep watching him play.

A good comparison at a different level is Tim Tebow. I feel like he is the best college player to have ever played the game. I also feel like he won't have much success in the NFL.

That was exactly what I was eluding to. I like his competativeness, but he might be undersized to play at the D1 level at running back. I would think he might could play at a higher level on defense. Maybe a safety?? I wish him well either way....he truly is a great competitor.
BluegrassBuckeye Wrote:Great point. Two different things entirely. I feel that Rees MacShara is the best high school running back in the state. Unfortunately he probably doesn't have the necessary physical attributes to play D1 college football. I think he would tear up the field at a D3 program though. I'd like to see him play at Centre so I could keep watching him play.

i talked to morehead stats recruter to set up a visit for my son he said reese was visiting as well. but best h.s. back yes d1 ouch d2 yep, d3 **** yeah its below him, naia good fit he would be a star no one can make a cut in naia he would make defenes look silly like this year.
He Would dominate on D-3, NAIA, but would he be like most high school stars, quit after 1 Year? I dont think he would, It Seems to Me MacShara loves the game.
Center College has him on there radar.
so he aint going d1
^ doesn't look like it thus far
Rebels Wrote:Center College has him on there radar.

That is a good one. They have everyone on their radar that has qualifying scores. Takes tons of money to attend Centre, very little athletic money.
William Muney Wrote:That is a good one. They have everyone on their radar that has qualifying scores. Takes tons of money to attend Centre, very little athletic money.

You are correct, but with Rees being a local boy I think that Centre would be more eager to have him than they may otherwise be. A lot of Rebel fans, who ignore Centre football now, may go to the games just to see Rees play. I know that I would. He is FUN to watch run.
William Muney Wrote:Takes tons of money to attend Centre, very little athletic money.

There is NO athletic money at Centre.
You know Rees may not go D1, but you have to look at our Kentucky D1 teams and say, REESE WOULD BENEFIT ANY OF OUR TEAMS!!! My gosh he did earn those 3,000 yards against teams like no other played in Kentucky. What are you thinking he is the best running back, mostly at cutting than any player I have ever watched!! Good Luck Rees, You know the Rebels are pulling for you. By the way, does size matter that much???!!!
Rebelmom14 Wrote:You know Rees may not go D1, but you have to look at our Kentucky D1 teams and say, REESE WOULD BENEFIT ANY OF OUR TEAMS!!! My gosh he did earn those 3,000 yards against teams like no other played in Kentucky. What are you thinking he is the best running back, mostly at cutting than any player I have ever watched!! Good Luck Rees, You know the Rebels are pulling for you. By the way, does size matter that much???!!!

yes size does matter ask your jr that has d1 offers he might enlighten you.
Rebelmom14 Wrote:You know Rees may not go D1, but you have to look at our Kentucky D1 teams and say, REESE WOULD BENEFIT ANY OF OUR TEAMS!!! My gosh he did earn those 3,000 yards against teams like no other played in Kentucky. What are you thinking he is the best running back, mostly at cutting than any player I have ever watched!! Good Luck Rees, You know the Rebels are pulling for you. By the way, does size matter that much???!!!

well said and yes size does matter in d1 but he could do it no body better then Rees macshara:worthy:

Size matters but not as much as speed. Speed Kills!

There are plenty of D1 running backs that are Rees' size or smaller. The difference is that those backs have blazing speed and once in the open field are almost impossible to catch. Rees just doesn't have that type of speed.
He would be good where ever he ends up
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
BigBlueBobcatFan Wrote:He would be good where ever he ends up

Just think of all the players (mostly rb's) who were absolutely awesome in high school that ends up with no d1 scholarships and ends up playing at a lower level. It's not a knock on Rees or any other players in the past. It's size and speed that keeps the big time programs away. We could name hundreds that were great hs players but never made to the d1 level.
On top of Rees being an amazing athlete, Hes a smart Kid, his favorite subject is listed as chemistry. I dont care where he goes if hes playing football Im traveling to watch. Rees would be a benefit to any school he attended!
Speaking on an inside tip, I know his parents. I know he has been offered by EKU, Western Ky, Troy State(in Alabama I think) Wofford College(SC) and Cincinnatti also offered him, but not sure exactly how much, I think 1st year books and tuition, then full ride. Morehead offered and there are some other small schools from several states that have offered. I think he understands his talents, and IMO only, will go somewhere that has good academics,and he can contribute and play.
he can see the field great,college will put the wieght on him.smaller players have had great careers in the next level.
Whereever Ress goes,hes got my 100% support.Great kid.
GRAMPADIDI Wrote:Speaking on an inside tip, I know his parents. I know he has been offered by EKU, Western Ky, Troy State(in Alabama I think) Wofford College(SC) and Cincinnatti also offered him, but not sure exactly how much, I think 1st year books and tuition, then full ride. Morehead offered and there are some other small schools from several states that have offered. I think he understands his talents, and IMO only, will go somewhere that has good academics,and he can contribute and play.

Rees, is a great HS football player and will be a good college player. WKU, Troy, and Cincy are all D-1 and they only offer FULL or nothing. There is no partial scholarships at those schools. Now, the D-1AA school like EKU and Wofford can offer partial scholarships such as books and tution.

I cant understand why people get upset when every kid does not sign D-1. D2 and NAIA has good football players playing at those levels. They also give partial scholarships to play football unlike D3. He could go to a Gtown, Cville Univ, or Union College and have a great career and get a college education. Thats what it is about isnt it? I think the fans get caught up in the D-1 stuff so they can have a topic to talk about a work. Lets not forget that Rees is a kid who will need an education to succeed in todays world and football can help in him do that........:Thumbs:
GRAMPADIDI Wrote:Speaking on an inside tip, I know his parents. I know he has been offered by EKU, Western Ky, Troy State(in Alabama I think) Wofford College(SC) and Cincinnatti also offered him, but not sure exactly how much, I think 1st year books and tuition, then full ride. Morehead offered and there are some other small schools from several states that have offered. I think he understands his talents, and IMO only, will go somewhere that has good academics,and he can contribute and play.

I don't know much about what all college coaches are looking for, especially at a BCS school like Cincinatti. I would like to see him go somewhere like Cincy, but I am not exactly sure how well he could do. I think he could have a great career at a place like EKU. I'd be surprised to see him go to Morehead; they don't give football scholarships.
Emmit Smith supposivley was too short, but heck he broke walton peytons rushing record against alot bigger players than he was.
If he goes to Wofford he'll be teammates w/ Corbin's Caleb Watkins.
Not D1 talent.

He would be solid for D2. Its hard to tell how good he is since he played Hs football in Kentucky.

Our Hs system is pathetic compared to most other states, which is why rarely do kids get any notice in Kentucky, usually they have to be from Louisville to get any notice.