Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WYMT Mountain Top 10 (Oct. 20)
William Muney Wrote:I think I would drop Somerset down to #8 until they beat someone. Probally move Harlan and LCC up to 5 and 6 with LC moving down to #7. LC has a lot left to prove to me. They have 1 decent win in Sheldon Clark and then a bunch of cupcakes. I think the jury is still out on them. We will see in week #2 of the playoffs when the KC Panthers come to town.

Rowan County, Shelby Valley, and Sheldon Clark isn't cupcakes. Rowan County nearly beat the #1 team in 3A. Shelby Valley is better than you give them credit for. Sheldon Clark lost big to Belfry because of players being rejected. LC will prove how good they are when playoffs roll around.
I think LC can play with anyone if they play their game, they don't turn the ball over and they are explosive and the defense is pretty solid also. Stray are you sure your a LC fan, it seems like you have no faith in them. I think they can play with Belfry, they only lost by one touchdown in last years game and they are much better this year. it would be a good game.
No way Lawrence County is better than Belfry.
How can you say LC isn't better than Belfry compare the stats and wins, it doesn't matter what schedule you play its all about wins and losses and this is LC 8-0 Belfry 6-2 enough said.
lcgrad2002 Wrote:How can you say LC isn't better than Belfry compare the stats and wins, it doesn't matter what schedule you play its all about wins and losses and this is LC 8-0 Belfry 6-2 enough said.

Since when is "it all about wins and losses"? So, if Belfry beat Prestonsburg and Ashland, then they might be as good as mighty Lawrence County? Give me a break. :please:

Even though Lawrence did play a tough schedule last year, since they went 0-11 they must have been the worst team in the state? Am I correct? That's what you're implying here. Also, obviously since Lawrence County is 8-0 and St. Xavier is 7-1, the Bulldogs are better than them too. :eyeroll:

How foolish to make a statement like you made.
lcgrad2002 Wrote:How can you say LC isn't better than Belfry compare the stats and wins, it doesn't matter what schedule you play its all about wins and losses and this is LC 8-0 Belfry 6-2 enough said.

If LC played Belfry's schedule they would probably be sitting anywhere from 4-4 to 6-2 at best.
Your foolish, I was saying since Belfry only beat LC by 1 TD last year, that this year LC could beat them cause they are a lot better than last year a completely new team.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:If LC played Belfry's schedule they would probably be sitting anywhere from 4-4 to 6-2 at best.

LC would be 8-0 at best because they can beat anyone on Belfry's schedule. No way they would be 4-4.
WildDawg Wrote:Sheldon Clark lost big to Belfry because of players being rejected. LC will prove how good they are when playoffs roll around.

I guess 3 fumbles in a row by Sheldon Clark had no bearing on the game at all??? Sheldon Clark lost to a better team, THAT is why they lost!

I think LC has a very good football team...You can't really pay a lot of attention to the various polls...Besides, its where you end up at the end of the season that counts anyway!
WildDawg Wrote:LC would be 8-0 at best because they can beat anyone on Belfry's schedule. No way they would be 4-4.

@ Whitley County
@ Letcher Central
vs. Ashland
@ Pburg

4 possible losses right there... let alone the fact that Sheldon Clark has been LC's toughest and closest game despite it being in Louisa (6 point win)... I would rank them as the 5th best team Belfry has played thusfar.

I would predict Ashland and Pburg to beat LC, and a tossup between Whitley/Letcher.
WildDawg Wrote:Rowan County, Shelby Valley, and Sheldon Clark isn't cupcakes. Rowan County nearly beat the #1 team in 3A. Shelby Valley is better than you give them credit for. Sheldon Clark lost big to Belfry because of players being rejected. LC will prove how good they are when playoffs roll around.

Rowan Co. almost beat Belfry or Lou. Central?

LC has played a WEAK schedule(smart move after the brutal sched. last year).

Be happy you are not going to go 0-11 and are 8-0, but LC is not back to big dog status yet...........(pun intended)
LC is a very good team but i dont think they could beat belfry but i do agrre they should be ranked a little higher
EKUAlum05 Wrote:@ Whitley County
@ Letcher Central
vs. Ashland
@ Pburg

4 possible losses right there... let alone the fact that Sheldon Clark has been LC's toughest and closest game despite it being in Louisa (6 point win)... I would rank them as the 5th best team Belfry has played thusfar.

I would predict Ashland and Pburg to beat LC, and a tossup between Whitley/Letcher.

Whitley couldn't stop LC's rushing attack. I don't even think it would be a close game. Way overrated. Letcher, not saying they're a bad team but they wouldn't beat LC. Pburg and Ashland are teams capable of beating LC but that doesn't mean LC couldn't beat them. Both of those game would be a toss up.
Lawrence County beat Sheldon Clark 36-30. It was 36-16 in the 4th quarter and Sheldon Clark scored two more TD's. LC has improved a lot since that game and added a new weapon in Larry West. Sheldon Clark lost some key players in the Belfry game. I don't think the score is a good indication of Sheldon Clark's team due to that reason.
Belfry is a good team but over hyped this year by some. They're young and inconsistent. I wish Lawrence County played them this year. The guys saying LC has no chance of beating Belfry have no clue. It's obvious they have never seen LC play. If Belfry was so good, how did they struggle with Pike Central? A team that Tolsia WV thumped. I saw Tolsia play Wayne Saturday. Not a very impressive team. I remember the Boyd County and Belfry game being 21-14 late in the game or something similar. LC would beat Belfry this year. You will see how good LC is when playoffs roll around.
way to go wymt great top 10
WildDawg Wrote:Whitley couldn't stop LC's rushing attack. I don't even think it would be a close game. Way overrated. Letcher, not saying they're a bad team but they wouldn't beat LC. Pburg and Ashland are teams capable of beating LC but that doesn't mean LC couldn't beat them. Both of those game would be a toss up.
Lawrence County beat Sheldon Clark 36-30. It was 36-16 in the 4th quarter and Sheldon Clark scored two more TD's. LC has improved a lot since that game and added a new weapon in Larry West. Sheldon Clark lost some key players in the Belfry game. I don't think the score is a good indication of Sheldon Clark's team due to that reason.
Belfry is a good team but over hyped this year by some. They're young and inconsistent. I wish Lawrence County played them this year. The guys saying LC has no chance of beating Belfry have no clue. It's obvious they have never seen LC play. If Belfry was so good, how did they struggle with Pike Central? A team that Tolsia WV thumped. I saw Tolsia play Wayne Saturday. Not a very impressive team. I remember the Boyd County and Belfry game being 21-14 late in the game or something similar. LC would beat Belfry this year. You will see how good LC is when playoffs roll around.

You are just simply biased. This is complete biased analysis. Have you seen Belfry this season? I highly doubt it. If not, how can you make that assessment? Come on, look at McCreary Central. They have a nice record due to a weak schedule (I think they have lost maybe one game). They should be considered to be better than Belfry too, right? Come on people. I love fans having love for their team and defending them to the end, but just a tad bit of realistic thinking included wouldn't hurt. Would it????

Lawrence County and Belfry would pan out to be a good game: Realistic fans would say that. Saying that Belfry would stomp LC or LC would stomp Belfry is just plain biased talk.

Also, realistically, Ashland would probably beat LC by two touchdowns or so. P'brug would probably do the same.
MiddlesboroAlumni Wrote:You are just simply biased. This is complete biased analysis. Have you seen Belfry this season? I highly doubt it. If not, how can you make that assessment? Come on, look at McCreary Central. They have a nice record due to a weak schedule (I think they have lost maybe one game). They should be considered to be better than Belfry too, right? Come on people. I love fans having love for their team and defending them to the end, but just a tad bit of realistic thinking included wouldn't hurt. Would it????

Lawrence County and Belfry would pan out to be a good game: Realistic fans would say that. Saying that Belfry would stomp LC or LC would stomp Belfry is just plain biased talk.

Also, realistically, Ashland would probably beat LC by two touchdowns or so. P'brug would probably do the same.

Who said Lawrence County would stomp Belfry? I said Lawrence County would beat Belfry. I have seen Belfry play once this year. How about you Middlesboro? How many times you seen Lawrence County play? Realistically, you don't have a clue how LC would matchup with Ashland or Prestonsburg. Trying to compare LC with McCreary Central is silly.
WildDawg Wrote:Who said Lawrence County would stomp Belfry? I said Lawrence County would beat Belfry. I have seen Belfry play once this year. How about you Middlesboro? How many times you seen Lawrence County play? Realistically, you don't really have a clue how LC would matchup with Ashland or Prestonsburg.

Hopefully I'll get to see them play Bell. That will be a good measuring stick for Lawrence.
Can someone post a list of the teams eligible for placement in this poll? Please don't say "teams in the WYMT viewing area". Us flat landers don't get that station and don't have a clue what that means. Thanks!:thanks:
BlackcatAlum Wrote:1. Bell County
2. Prestonsburg
3. Corbin
4. Belfry
5. Somerset
6. Lawrence County
7. Harlan County
8. Letcher Central
9. Pulaski County
10. Perry Central

I can agree with this for the most part, I'd would have Somerset 6th LC 5th..but at this point in the season with only a couple of weeks left in regular play all of the polls will be pretty much locked in unless someone has a huge upset. Once the playoffs start i look to see changes.
Quote:Since when is "it all about wins and losses"? So, if Belfry beat Prestonsburg and Ashland, then they might be as good as mighty Lawrence County? Give me a break.

Even though Lawrence did play a tough schedule last year, since they went 0-11 they must have been the worst team in the state? Am I correct? That's what you're implying here. Also, obviously since Lawrence County is 8-0 and St. Xavier is 7-1, the Bulldogs are better than them too.

How foolish to make a statement like you made.

Get'em thats what i like to see us area teams taking up for what we believe in and middlesboroAlumni you are correct in everything you said some people just has to learn the hardway
BlackcatAlum Wrote:1. Bell County
2. Prestonsburg
3. Corbin
4. Belfry
5. Somerset
6. Lawrence County
7. Harlan County
8. Letcher Central
9. Pulaski County
10. Perry Central

Folks;don't get your panties in a wad.It don't matter where they rank you .....it's where YOU FINISH.:closed:
lcgrad2002 Wrote:How is LC 8-0 and still at 6th place, I know they are better than Belfry.

I am glad you think that LC is better we will see after your
5A playoffs start. We played 4 good 5A teams lets see how
you do with sum of them. Belfry is a better then LC.
TongueirateShoTongueirateShoTongueirateShoTongueirateShoTongueirateSho
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:I am glad you think that LC is better we will see after your
5A playoffs start. We played 4 good 5A teams lets see how
you do with sum of them. Belfry is a better then LC.

How will the 5A playoffs prove anything when LC is a Class 4A team and Belfry is Class 3A?

No one can answer definitively whether Belfry is better than LC or vice versa because they haven't played and won't play this season.

I, for one, would have LOVED for LC to play the schedule they played last season. I think they would've acquitted themselves quite nicely and very possibly come out with the same record they have now.

But there's no apologizing for the schedule that is there now. Sheldon Clark is a good team, but not the only one LC has played. You can only be held accountable for the non-district games you schedule, and the only one I don't think should have been on there was East Ridge. That wasn't fun for anybody.

Paintsville, Tolsia and Sheldon Clark make sense because they are traditional opponents for LC (although the first two were pretty much left behind in the 90s) and good gate games. Winfield was a wild card - traditionally strong AAA team from WV that came in banged up and got flattened. Who really knew?

One thing I am sure of is this Lawrence County team is SUBSTANTIALLY better (as in light years) than it was last season and Class 4A, District 7 and company are going to have some respect for them once they've earned it in a couple of weeks.

Until that point, Will Muney, Bobcat fanboys, McCreary Central boosters, KC Masterpieces, Rockcastle Rockets and the like will just have to wonder aloud about how good LC really is - no one believes until they have played them.

And that is fine because that is what sport is all about, competing, giving honorable account of yourself through all-out effort on the field.

Have a good game day, everybody!
Nice post there dbcooper thank you for saying that.
William Muney Wrote:I think I would drop Somerset down to #8 until they beat someone. Probally move Harlan and LCC up to 5 and 6 with LC moving down to #7. LC has a lot left to prove to me. They have 1 decent win in Sheldon Clark and then a bunch of cupcakes. I think the jury is still out on them. We will see in week #2 of the playoffs when the KC Panthers come to town.

Bump :dontthink
I don't think I would be bragging too much with a trip to Log Mountain looming next week.. If you win next week then yes you will get all the respect your deserve, but LC has a tall order ahead of itself next week.
Who is bragging?
Why do they have to win at Log MTN? It seems to me if they just keep it close the respect should be there.