Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: WYMT Mountain Top 10 (Oct. 20)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
1. Bell County
2. Prestonsburg
3. Corbin
4. Belfry
5. Somerset
6. Lawrence County
7. Harlan County
8. Letcher Central
9. Pulaski County
10. Perry Central
Well lookie there!!! Way to go Bears! :Clap:
Big Grin

Congrats to HCHS... but I am starting to think the easiest thing for WYMT to do is just label the #7, #8,#9, and #10 spot as 5A District 8 1,2,3,and 4..... HAHA
Hazard is 5th in the state in class A and cant make it in WYMT's to 10!! Imagine that !! GO DAWGS !!!!!!!!!!!
KyGurl Wrote:Hazard is 5th in the state in class A and cant make it in WYMT's to 10!! Imagine that !! GO DAWGS !!!!!!!!!!!

I don't see any 1A teams ahead of them. Who would Hazard beat on that list? Letcher Central has already beat them and Breathitt isn't even ranked and they defeated Hazard.
How is LC 8-0 and still at 6th place, I know they are better than Belfry.
lcgrad2002 Wrote:How is LC 8-0 and still at 6th place, I know they are better than Belfry.

They are?
yeah they are 8-0 what is Belfry's record?
lcgrad2002 Wrote:yeah they are 8-0 what is Belfry's record?

I don't know. Not a Belfry fan. I just thought Belfry was rolling now. What is Belfry's record?
lcgrad2002 Wrote:How is LC 8-0 and still at 6th place, I know they are better than Belfry.

Make a case for LC then. Belfry and LC do not play. We can all try to guess who is better, but Belfry has played a much tougher schedule, and they just destroyed a team LC beat, but gave up 30 points to. Belfry gave up 115 total yards, 72 on the third play of the game. Belfry gave up one early TD and then a varsity versus JV score late. East Ridge and Boyd County are the only other common opponents, and those teams are Belfry's and LC's opponents this Friday. Truthfully, those are not good teams to compare by because they are not very good. Honestly, Belfry was not near the team they are now when they played Boyd, and Boyd played them very well. You may well be right, but I have made more of a case for Belfry being a better team with a 6-2 record, than LC with an 8-0 record against inferior opponents. It would only be speculation, but honestly, if LC played Belfry's schedule, I dare say the 'Dawgs would not be undefeated. I like the way Luke has taken a team and built them back up after what had to be a frustrating season last year. In that Belfry game at Louisa, the Pirates had no answer for Mr. Shepherd and Pack and Company. The Pirates were fortunate to get a victory.
Belfry is 6-2 right now
Look at the schdule LC had the past few years, name one weak team on it. That has helped this team a lot.
easyM Wrote:I don't know. Not a Belfry fan. I just thought Belfry was rolling now. What is Belfry's record?

Belfry is 6-2, with games left at East Ridge and home against Johnson Central next Friday. Belfry has lost to Prestonsburg on the road by 7, and at home to Ashland by 2. They have beaten Boyd by 14, Letcher by 4, Whitley and Pikeville by a bunch, Pike Central by 10, and SC by 21.
bucslover68 Wrote:Belfry is 6-2, with games left at East Ridge and home against Johnson Central next Friday. Belfry has lost to Prestonsburg on the road by 7, and at home to Ashland by 2. They have beaten Boyd by 14, Letcher by 4, Whitley and Pikeville by a bunch, Pike Central by 10, and SC by 21.

I was at the Whitley game. We were open that night so I went to watch that game. Belfry looked very good. Varney played really well.
I will give you the strength of schedule,by far that is a tougher schedule. I think it would be a great game between the two.
lcgrad2002 Wrote:I will give you the strength of schedule,by far that is a tougher schedule. I think it would be a great game between the two.

No doubt LC. I hate that the series ended with the Pirates. It had been a good one. I have said on our radio show before that this region needs LC to be strong again in football and I think they are there and headed to even better things. In baseball they are at the top and basketball is not far behind.
Yeah baseball and basketball are there, and softball is even up there. It's good to see LC football back this will always be a football town. Dawgs and Pirates I can always remember great games between these two teams.
easyM Wrote:I was at the Whitley game. We were open that night so I went to watch that game. Belfry looked very good. Varney played really well.

Thomas Varney went crazy that night. 317 yards rushing on 13 carries and an 80 yard kickoff return for a TD. He scored 7 TDs and 47 points by himself. This was in a game that was 27-23 midway through the third quarter, and it ended 53-23 Pirates.
lcgrad2002 Wrote:Yeah baseball and basketball are there, and softball is even up there. It's good to see LC football back this will always be a football town. Dawgs and Pirates I can always remember great games between these two teams.

I remember Michael West torching Belfry for over 300 yards one night and the 'Dawgs crushed the Pirates. I remember thinking that West was a rocket and that Belfry team sure looks slow. I got to watch the Lady 'Dawgs softball team last year and they were pretty awesome.
Yeah me and Michael and Dontae graduated together in 2002.he was fast
Quote:How is LC 8-0 and still at 6th place,
Because they know the same thing that everybody else knows that they are not great but good and IMO i don't really think they should be 6th at least 4th maybe even 3rd in Corbin's spot lord knows they don't need to be there all cupcakes do is make you fat
We do a Sports Guys Super 7 on Monday night on our radio show. It covers the 15th region area and over into Letcher County, Hazard, and Breathitt County. This week it looked like this:
1. Prestonsburg
2. Belfry
3. Lawrence County
4. Johnson Central
5. Letcher Central
6. Sheldon Clark
7. Shelby Valley
Congrats Black Bears. Well deserve spot as you all have played one heck of season that isn't over with.
I think I would drop Somerset down to #8 until they beat someone. Probally move Harlan and LCC up to 5 and 6 with LC moving down to #7. LC has a lot left to prove to me. They have 1 decent win in Sheldon Clark and then a bunch of cupcakes. I think the jury is still out on them. We will see in week #2 of the playoffs when the KC Panthers come to town.
:CheerleadThanks for showing the Bears a little love WYMT
1. BellCo.
2. Prestonsburg
3. Belfry
4. Somerset
The rest are equal and not much difference in 5-10.
The dawgs will be ready when KC comes to town, so you guys are calling shelby valley a cupcake with all due respect that's the craziest thing I have ever heard. Sv has a great running game, just couldn't get it going against LC. Carter and Cross two of the best backs in this area maybe through the state only combined rushed for 80 yards against LC. Oh and I forgot about Paintsville MR Doderer is running wild but LC held him in check. Just because the schedule is down this year they did have a tough one the past two years.
Interesting that three out of the top 10 are from one district
Shelby Valley???

Painstville the same team the lost to Pineville???? Pineville that same team that was killed by McCreary Central. See how this works. As I said they have played nobody except for Sheldon Clark and I am not sure how good they are.

LC will have their hands full with McCreary in the first round.
Heck I am a LC fan and I dont know if LC could beat Belfry or not...it would be a good one to watch I believe..
Pages: 1 2