Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lawrence Co. 36 Sheldon Clark 30
Cat Daddy Wrote:Now come on, you know when LC beat Breathitt in "97" it was a bigger win. You guys broke our 42 game win streak and advanced to the state semi finals. You guys even tore down the goal post in that game. Good Luck on the upcoming season.
I agree with you Cat and most all LC fans would to that remember that game. We even have a monument made from that goal post. It's located by the front gate as you come into the field. That shows how big that game was to us. Good luck to you all the rest of the season I still feel you guy's will be right in the mix at the end. I say you all will get another chance at SC . But they will be hard to beat if they stay healthy
Lawrence should win a lot of games this year, but Boyd County and Rowan County are going to be tough as always.
lcgrad2002 Wrote:Lawrence should win a lot of games this year, but Boyd County and Rowan County are going to be tough as always.
I think Rowan might be the team to beat in the district this year what does every one else think?
I think Lawrence is the team to beat in the district, but I know its still early. should be between them two teams for the title.
Dawg Family Wrote:I think Rowan might be the team to beat in the district this year what does every one else think?

Rowan hasnt played the toughest of teams in their first 2 games
Darrell cross from Rowan County is going to run all over LC when they play. So the dawgs just have to put up alot of points too which I think they will. This game should be a high scoring game cause I don't see LC stopping Cross or Rowan stopping any of LCs running backs.
If I'm correct the two teams Rowan has beaten still haven't won a game and the only win Garrand County has was against Rowan. So that doesn't say to much for their schedule since I don't think any of them were even 3a school. I would have to look again just going from Friday nights memory.
lcgrad2002 Wrote:I think Lawrence is the team to beat in the district, but I know its still early. should be between them two teams for the title.
I also pick LC in district what I was thinking from a dawgs point of view is who will be the biggest obstacle for them in district I was thinking Rowan but Boyd will be tough and I don't know a lot about East Carter and Greenup well you just never know about them especially if we have to go there and play. This year one team will not make it to the play off's who will have to set out?
Early season prediction I see these 4 teams getting in..
Lawrence County
Greenup County
Rowan County
East Carter

Boyd County is having some issues somewhere in that program..
LC will beat rowan by 2 touchdowns or worse if they dont have any injuries
Here is some of the images from the game.

[Image: http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c376/b..._75704.jpg]

[Image: http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c376/b..._75706.jpg]
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
Those pics are amazing..Welcome Back Lawrence County football..you have been missed..
I would like to thank . Betsy Lynn Photography (http://www.betsylynn.com) for allowing me to share the above photos with everyone.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
LC played a great game! I would take nothing away from them. They won!

I am a Sheldon Clark fan and refuse to cry over what happened last Friday night.

I think our guys played well; and we could have won, but we didn't. We faced a team that played hard and made fewer mistakes than we did.

If I recall correctly, most of the posters on this site predicted that SC would win. They didn't, and that's why we play the game. LC won and was the better team this past Friday night.

That having been said, SC take heart for most are predicting that JC will win this weeks match up. May be? But may be not! SC you had nothing to be ashamed of, for you hung in there and played a pretty fair game.

A few events that could have been a game changer: #10 made a nice 35 to 40 yard run early in the game that was called back due to a holding penalty.
A break down in pass coverage a couple times. A fumble late in the game on a kick off return. Too many penalties at crucial times. And to top off the foregoing list, I thought we looked a little more spent than LC near the games end.

SC, take heart, one loss does not a season make. Let's correct the mistakes and move on to Johnson Central and bring home a win.
Very good post there you are 100% correct, trust me we know how tough it is.But one thing about football in the mountains and I noticed it last Friday at the game, even if the team is going to lose none of the fans around here would leave til the game is over. I respect the Sheldon Clark fans for that, you guys have great fans.Good luck the rest of the season.
lcgrad2002 Wrote:Very good post there you are 100% correct, trust me we know how tough it is.But one thing about football in the mountains and I noticed it last Friday at the game, even if the team is going to lose none of the fans around here would leave til the game is over. I respect the Sheldon Clark fans for that, you guys have great fans.Good luck the rest of the season.

Thats one good thing about high school ball then fans will never give up on the team and will stick it out until the end.