Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alcoa (TN) 42 - Bell County 14
:flame:

MySpace Countdowns
I will say M'boro will not play Alcoa they will buy out the contract. Maybe Bell will Play Alcoa again and boro play Green again??????
Alcoa is crazy good.
well i think it would have been alot better of a game if bell would have underclassmen step up and help the core of the team with a breather ever now and again...bells running game was strong it just look like the young qb wasnt ready to throw the ball...IMO bells got alotr of younger talent that plays tho the young davenport kids has amazing speed and can get out of sticky stops...his brother cody is a good player too...the patterson kid i think #24 mad his first high school start and first highschool playiong time last night and i thought he did good...i also thought that john dudley carried the ball well... goodluck to bout teams this season
Same post different name-get real! I think the parents need to stay in the background and play their role, as supporters and let the coaches coach. I for one was extremly pleased with Madon's performance. He was 4-8 passing and had 2 interference calls that would have made him 6-8, one was blocked by a Def. lineman, and he did make one bad decesion when we where down 3 scores in the 4th quarter. All we have heard ever since the state championship game was the season would ride on his shoulders. He threw more passes last night than he did as a soph all year. Ben will be fine, and so will the Bobcats. As long as the Bobcat fans and family members don't continue to put the blame on one or 2 players. I read a earlier post that BEN didn't need to play saftey, punt or kick, Do you really think they would have him punting or kicking if he wasn't the best we had. Do you people really think Bell would be a better team without him. Get real, it is comments like this that tear a program apart. I for one believe Bell County football is bigger than a couple of fans that really don't know much about the game any way. Keep your head up Ben, not everybody is blaming you, we were just outmanned, admit it people, it goes along way in helping you admit they we were not the best team last night.
BigBlueBobcatFan Wrote:Just one more thing wasn't that little lateral for Alcoa's first touchdown just the most well ran trick play by a high school team you had ever seen I still would have like to seen Bell win cause I work to much and the only games i can go to is the home games except for the close away games (Knox central, Whitley county, Harlan County) but good thing Knox and Harlan is at bell but well ill go ponder about some other stuff to get back on here and talk about be good....

Alcoa isn't typically known for their "trick plays" but this hook and ladder was designed after watching film of Bell County. George Quarles at Maryville is the best I have seen at coming up with these "surprise trick plays" that tak everybody off guard. Alcoa is vanilla in comparison.

Go Bobcats :Clap:
I'd like to see Alcoa take on the Almighty Fort Thomas Highlands at Bell next year. I think Alcoa is just as good as Highlands if not better. I watched Johnson Central give the game to Highlands last year. Highlands is good but they are no way in **** the 24th best team in America. Alcoa vs. Highlands / Bell County vs. Maryville next year. Now that would be a heck of a football atmosphere.
BaseballIsLife Wrote:The difference between the two teams is that Bell County has alot of players that play both ways (Offense and Defense) while Alcoa generally has their players play on one side of the ball and not the other (although I'm sure there may be an exception or two) thus it allows Alcoa's players to be fresher than the opposing team as the players are able to get more rest and thus are able to perform at a higher level.

Alcoas has about 10 players that play both ways on a regular basis and more than do so occasionally. Tyler Robinson also punts; the QB plays defense....etc. I think the issue might be conditioning for Bell players
Let's keep this thread on-topic and civil!
I was not blaming Maddon for the loss. He did pass the ball well and im not a parent of any of the bell kids. Maddon just wasnt use to the rush of d line, but he did the right thing pulled it down and got what he could. This bell team will only get better from here and conditioning did have a part to play. Yeah alcoa had players going both way but when they needed a break the coach could send in a replacement of about the same talent, bell couldnt.
kyfootballer Wrote:I was not blaming Maddon for the loss. He did pass the ball well and im not a parent of any of the bell kids. Maddon just wasnt use to the rush of d line, but he did the right thing pulled it down and got what he could. This bell team will only get better from here and conditioning did have a part to play. Yeah alcoa had players going both way but when they needed a break the coach could send in a replacement of about the same talent, bell couldnt.

Glad to hear you weren't blaming any kid for the loss. All the Bell Co kids played hard and gave the game 110% - I congratulate them all. Not being able to rest them (depth) was a real issue in this game. I think the outcome would have been very different otherwise. The first half proves that. I would loved to have played Bell with 100 kids on their roster - it would have been a BARN BUSTER!!

I agree with your statement about several Alcoa players going both ways but Alcoa has the depth to substitute when those players need a break. We have 35 freshman on our team this year who came from an undefeated middle school experience for several years. The next couple of years will be real good for Alcoa IMO. When Alcoa scored the last touchdown with the modified 2nd and 3rd string offense, Kokko ran the ball. Look for that name in the future as he stacks up some yardage.

I want to keep up with the Bell kids, we appreciate being invited to play in Kentucky and I have enjoyed talking with quite a few die-hard Bell Co fans. Most very respectful and helpful with directions, places to eat, parking problems, etc.

Hope Bell Co goes undefeated the rest of the year and wish us luck with Middlesboro next year. GO BOBCATS
I think they ALL DID GREAT!!!! Could you imagine making your very first start at QB against Alcoa I mean come on you would make mistakes. Now when we play the rest of the teams on the schedule Madon should have a field day on them. Davenport and Hilton ran the ball all night long. Hilton really impressed me. He will be a brute running the ball down the middle. Bell will be fine and should win out for the regular season. I dont see them really running into much competition until State Semi when they will have to play Boyle Co or Lex Cath.
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:I think they ALL DID GREAT!!!! Could you imagine making your very first start at QB against Alcoa I mean come on you would make mistakes. Now when we play the rest of the teams on the schedule Madon should have a field day on them. Davenport and Hilton ran the ball all night long. Hilton really impressed me. He will be a brute running the ball down the middle. Bell will be fine and should win out for the regular season. I dont see them really running into much competition until State Semi when they will have to play Boyle Co or Lex Cath.

Agreed........hopefully the fans will give that QB all the encouragement he needs to keep his head up. Bell needs to forget that Alcoa game and go on taking care of business as they have in the past and will the rest of the year. Davenport and Hilton are also a force to be dealt with by any team you play.
Alcoa, Tenn. 42, Bell County 14: A dominant program from Tennessee dominated the defending Class 4A champions in the City-County Bowl at Pineville.

Bell County, which went undefeated last season, played even with Alcoa after one quarter before allowing the Tornadoes to score 28 straight.

Jaron Toney scored four touchdowns for the five-time defending Tennessee state champion.
Where is Bobcat Dad? I am still waiting on his final thesis on "Player Depth and American High School Football" Final Revision
do any of the alcoa people know about the rumors of number 2 and #1 going to d 1 colleges after the bell game
Sorry, but #2 Taharin Tyson and #1 Darryl Warren are both only Juniors. They will both be back with the F5 for the 2010 season.
Tyson is 1st cousin of former Alcoa RB Dustin Lindsay, who signed with UT, but failed to qualify academically.
Warren is cousin of Brandon Warren, freshman All-American at Florida State. Currently in starting rotation for Tennessee at wide receiver.
The only senior running back that Bell saw on 21st was #15 Jaron Toney. Good grades and a solid 1-AA prospect.
Vaderbilt Hambrick #29, who came in for Toney.........only a sophomore.
I am here still licking my wounds. haha. I apoligze to the Alcoa faithful that they did not see a better conditioned team from Bell. Typically Bell is in tip-top shape but that was not the case this time out. Heck of a ballgame early. Bell controled the line of scrimage through most of the 1st half and 3rd quarter. The opening trick play was a thing of beauty. I have a ton of respect for Alcoa and their fans, they were truely class acts and a good team. I would love to see this match-up with Bell in playing shape. Depth truely did take a toll this time, that is for sure. Davenport for Bell showed he was truely a class act. Madon showed some 1st game jitters but did not play bad. He showed he is very capable and will be fine. I was impressed with Hilton and Madon kicking and punting, I was really concerned with our special teams going in.

I quess the F5 fans now see why we said the Home cookin refs don't happen at Bell. Heck the bobcats might as well play on the road all the time. The 1 thing I did question about Coach Rankin's game was the late TD pass with the JV. Was that really necessary?????
Bobcat_Dad Wrote:The 1 thing I did question about Coach Rankin's game was the late TD pass with the JV. Was that really necessary?????

I say yes because it is a necessary evil...I was one one the loudest complainers that we did not develop a passing game last season for the younger players when they were in the game early last season. When the young QB's are in, you gotta get them game experience. REAL game experience. The running back stable is so deep that there will never be a question there. But coming in to this season, we did not develop a receiving corps and at this second, I still do not think we have. We will find out on Friday for sure. Hope they prove me wrong.
Does Alcoa and Marysville always play this early in the year?

The reason I ask is typically most KY non-district rivalry games are usually around the middle to the end of the year. Does Alcoa or Maryville's district scheduling grid prohibit this or is there another reason? Seems like the games would be more competitive once the early season jitters and new starters have a chanc to work out.
I had the opportunity to watch this game, should have gone to Lex. to support my colonels, but I thought it would be a blow out. This was a great game and great atmosphere. It really amazes me to see people second guess coaches when they don't have a clue. The last touchdown was fine, it is Bell Co. job to keep them from scoring... Alcoa is a very,very classy program and so is Bell Co. Great atmosphere
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Does Alcoa and Marysville always play this early in the year?

Yes. It has been that way for a while. Alcoa has been dropped by the other two neighboring 6A schools from their schedule. Maryville still plays them, but now it is a District game for them beginning this season. We could have played Maryville in any of our non-district weeks, but for Maryville, they are in a nine-team region. With eight games set, we had to play them when we could play them and for now, it is week 1.
Best of luck to the Tornados against Maryville. Looks like you guys be able pull it out this season after watching the replay of last seasons 13-20 loss.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Best of luck to the Tornados against Maryville. Looks like you guys be able pull it out this season after watching the replay of last seasons 13-20 loss.

Thanks BlackCat; good luck to you also this Friday night.
To all: If you get a chance, go to http://www.blountfootball.com to see the discussion about the Bell/Alcoa game. Interesting article about dialogue between the Alcoa trainer and the Bell Co coach. Also, has some comments about the upcoming Alcoa/Maryville game.
GO BOBCATS, bring home a victory on Friday night!