Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Alcoa (TN) 42 - Bell County 14
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Bobcats play tough for a half, but Alcoa was too much in the 2nd frame.
Bell Co played GREAT led at one point 14-7. Bell Co had to play way too many players both ways and Alcoa didnt. Cory Davenport had a big night with a 80 yard TD run and some more carries. Halftime it was 21-14 Alcoa. Bell had a lot of players cramping up after halftime. Bell Co will be a force in 4A and the State of Kentucky. Alcoa is the real deal. Bell Co will go undefeated in the Mountains again.
Craig Yeast and Joe B Hall both were also at the game.
Listened to the feed, appeared to be a battle and potential shootout throughout the first half.

After all the banter on the other threads, I'll be interested to hear what each side thought of the other team for those who saw the game.
that sucks.. Would have like to of seen Bell County win....
belldad2011:we play teams with a 100 kids on them all the time .dont mean a thing

Good first half. I really did not think that anyone would run on Alcoa like Bell did in the first half. But like we said all month long, If you only have 40whatever kids, You ain't gonna run with the F5 for 4 quarters. The back to back fumbles on Bell drive in first half was first showing of getting gassed. Bell showed us that we have some things to work on for next week VS. the Evil Empire. We are going to be on the short end of the numbers game next week and we will have to have a complete game to beat Maryville.
But we took this game and Tyler Robinson did not touch the ball once, and believe me, outside of the first play (which we have not seen since McCallie game 2007) we were as Vanilla as we have ever been especially on the drive just before the half when we should have put the game away.
Nice breakout game for Sophmore Vanderbilt Hambrick...Told you he was quick.

BC told me to remind you of his 41-14 prediction...He is usually spot on.
Even I did not see us making all the extra points.
Good first game Bell Co. Good clean game.
I was at the game. Bell fought hard, but Alcoa was way too much. They have got speed to burn and are tough too. Bell didn't wrap up on tackles tonight. They tried to just knock Alcoa down and they bounced their way all the way down the field. Bell was gassed. On the bright side, Bell's running game was strong early. Passing needs some work, but as you know they don't rely on that too much. This will only make Bell better. Heck, there haven't been too many times that Coach Hilton has had the chance to practice a team after a loss as it usually happens in the playoffs. Good luck to Alcoa the rest of the year, we will be pulling for you from this side of the border. Go Bobcats!
It was a good team and Bell started out very strong. I was very impressed by the Davenport kid; what speed he has. The Bell players were just plain worn out after the half; cramping, etc. Alcoa sure got some hard knocks in the first half.

Tyler Robinson wasn't must of a factor, kept the ball mostly away from his side of the field for the most part. Several calls (going both ways) were missed in this game. The supervisor of the officials was sitting right behind me. He was pretty aggravated at the missed calls. Vee Hambrick (sophomore) is a second stringer - he has some excellent speed. I noticed that Teharin Tyson (#2) didn't carry the ball as much as normal, we went with the speedier Jaron Toney to carry the ball. This is a compliment to the lineman for Bell Co.

We appreciated the hospitality, everyone was kind and considerate. A great game to watch and my hats off to the kids from Bell County. They gave 110%.
Wow, Alcoa took them to the woodshed
What a game from both teams,,, I guess some was right them boys is gooood if Alcoa gets beat it will be a big team that has depth, we just don't have depth to play a team like that, :wtf1:I have never seen our boys dehydrated that bad and I have been a fan of the Bobcats for 11yrs now, we played a very physical game also and just drained us bad!!!! But this will open some eyes on conditioning.... Go BobCats,, Good luck Alcoa Great game!!!!!:****happe
Good luck to you the rest of the season. The Bell kids played their hearts out!
Good Luck next week against Powerhouse Maryville!!
Would like to seen Bell co. come out on top in this one, How did the offense look in this one?
Dont know the stats. I would say Bell Co had a lot of rushing yards. 2 fumbles close to the endzone both times costed Bell Co 14 points.
Thanks, we will need it. We have a mental block when playing Maryville. Then again, George Quarles is the best high school coach in the state of TN.
The difference between the two teams is that Bell County has alot of players that play both ways (Offense and Defense) while Alcoa generally has their players play on one side of the ball and not the other (although I'm sure there may be an exception or two) thus it allows Alcoa's players to be fresher than the opposing team as the players are able to get more rest and thus are able to perform at a higher level.
congrats to alcoa,bell sounds like you guys held your own for a while congrads to you guys as well....
Not surprising.

Alcoa is on another level from most teams in Kentucky outside of a few of the larger schools.

Congrats Tornados!
You Alcoa folks stick around because we'd love for you to keep us Kentucky folk updated throughout your season and hopefully you guys can schedule another Kentucky team next season.
BlackCat Alum Alcoa will play Middlesboro next year in the City/County Bowl at Middlesboro. Then Bell Co will play Green Co next year. They always sign a agreement to play atleast 2 years in this Bowl. I hate to say it becuase I look like a Middlesboro basher all the time, but this one could get ugly fast like 42-0 at the end of the first quarter.
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:BlackCat Alum Alcoa will play Middlesboro next year in the City/County Bowl at Middlesboro. Then Bell Co will play Green Co next year. They always sign a agreement to play atleast 2 years in this Bowl. I hate to say it becuase I look like a Middlesboro basher all the time, but this one could get ugly fast like 42-0 at the end of the first quarter.

Oh alright, thanks for that info.
Congrats Alcoa, even though i had Bell winning
I would first like to say congrats Alcoa even though I would have like to have seen Bell win. Good luck next week against Maryville I hope you guys go undefeated.
Thank you for all your kind words and we look forward to our visit to KY next year. We hope for your team to go undefeated the rest of the season. I will try to keep you posted on Alcoa's season. GO BOBCATS
Man Alcoa is a heck of a football team. Big, strong, fast and extremely well coached! I wish them nothing but the best down the road I got to see some of the players and coaches after the game and they are a class act!!! Congrats to them!

I was encouraged with Bell Co. on offense and defense early. I was VERY DISAPPOINTED in the conditioning and some of the Coaching moves. I have never seen a Bobcat team get that bad winded. I don't care if they are playing 11 both ways, that is unexplainable to me. The Coaches better wake-up and get them in SHAPE!!!! Second I don't understand not going to Davenport more???? He looked to be the only skilled kid on the Bell sideline that could stand let alone walk? GIVE HIM THE BALL and it is not 42-14.

Bobcats get it together but IMO you still have a long way to go but it is possible.
:wtf1:
William Muney Wrote:Man Alcoa is a heck of a football team. Big, strong, fast and extremely well coached! I wish them nothing but the best down the road I got to see some of the players and coaches after the game and they are a class act!!! Congrats to them!

I was encouraged with Bell Co. on offense and defense early. I was VERY DISAPPOINTED in the conditioning and some of the Coaching moves. I have never seen a Bobcat team get that bad winded. I don't care if they are playing 11 both ways, that is unexplainable to me. The Coaches better wake-up and get them in SHAPE!!!! Second I don't understand not going to Davenport more???? He looked to be the only skilled kid on the Bell sideline that could stand let alone walk? GIVE HIM THE BALL and it is not 42-14.

Bobcats get it together but IMO you still have a long way to go but it is possible.

Muncy I have never seen our boys this out of shape?? whats going on man?? It's nothing for our boys to go Ironman football we have seen it before,, but this was crazy to see them cramping and the mistakes on QB, he should'nt be playing both ways and kicking also, were taking to many risk??? what u say???
Well You cant win them all so whats that now 2 or 3 Ls and a state title in 2 or 3 years thats not to shabby but Bell looks tough and will dominate the rest of the year but it will be a battle with Johnson central and its always a good game with Knox Central even know they lost last night as well but Wayne Mills was my Teacher when he and I was at Bell High but I always knew he would be a good coach and will bring a tough smash mouth dudley style of football to log mountain but congrats to Alcoa good game good luck against Maryville looking foward to maybe us coming to visit you guys..
Just one more thing wasn't that little lateral for Alcoa's first touchdown just the most well ran trick play by a high school team you had ever seen I still would have like to seen Bell win cause I work to much and the only games i can go to is the home games except for the close away games (Knox central, Whitley county, Harlan County) but good thing Knox and Harlan is at bell but well ill go ponder about some other stuff to get back on here and talk about be good....
Bell had alot of cramps due to the weather. The humidity was extremely high. They should had never went into the air condition. If you noticed they didnt cramp until halftime after that. Alcoa was BIG and Physical and a 6:30 game with it still HOT. Once we start the 7:30 games and the cool nights set in this want even be a factor anymore. Usually your first 2 games of the season will be the hottest.
If Bell had played Middlesboro or Corbin the first game they would had went undeafeated AGAIN in regular season play. Dudley was very smart of playing a caliber of a team like Alcoa. Now when they play the likes of Marion Co, Johnson Co Central, KC, Rock and so on it will feel like there playing cup cake teams. What I was proud of was we had no injuries for a game as big as this one last night. CORY DAVENPORT will HAVE a GREAT career at Bell Co and hes only a sophmore.
Pages: 1 2