Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Powell Airs Doubt On Obama's Agenda
outdoorsman43 Wrote:You, are the one who needs a clue.

All you can do is mock our posts, but really you have nothing in defense of what we are arguing against.

:eyeroll:

:Thumbs: He has absolutely nothing to add to any discussion. When a guy's best post is "bada bing" it really tells you all you need to know.
thecavemaster Wrote:I wouldn't say your mind's made up: your posts suggest you have a bias (a bent toward) certain religio/political ideas that seem to "knee jerk" you toward certain conclusions. I don't know you: only what you post, that's the only basis of observation. I think most everyone has a bias in religio/political matters: the key is to resist the "knee jerk" part. Isn't it?

My conclusions are "knee jerk" while yours are well thought out and unbiased. Right. I've got some news for you, when people disagree with far left, radical policies, there's nothing "knee jerk" about it.
jetpilot Wrote::Thumbs: He has absolutely nothing to add to any discussion. When a guy's best post is "bada bing" it really tells you all you need to know.

"bada bing", hmmmm................wow, you cant deny that that is certainly not a big time improvement over previous statements.

What did you really expect?

Is this not the same cat who made the statement that the economy is booming and in full swing right now.....lol
jetpilot Wrote:My conclusions are "knee jerk" while yours are well thought out and unbiased. Right. I've got some news for you, when people disagree with far left, radical policies, there's nothing "knee jerk" about it.

No one that I know of is immune to bias, including me. Can you explain how the desire that all people have decent healthcare is "far left"? I would think it "christian." "If Obama does it, I ain't for it"... (That's knee jerk).
jetpilot Wrote:Plenty of people who voted for Obama are having doubts. Are you saying you don't realize this, lol??? I'm not guessing how unlimited government bailouts and raising taxes and out of control spending will turn out either. I will hope for the best though (which is all you are doing).

You talk about bailouts being the baby of Obama, you do realize the first 750 Billion came from Bush, right?
Mr.Kimball Wrote:"bada bing", hmmmm................wow, you cant deny that that is certainly not a big time improvement over previous statements.

What did you really expect?

Is this not the same cat who made the statement that the economy is booming and in full swing right now.....lol

You couldn't remember the truth if it smacked your mother.

That is not what I said.:lmao:
DevilsWin Wrote:You couldn't remember the truth if it smacked your mother.

Granted that's paraphrasing, but I would think that if that is not what you said you would have corrected me with what you said then. :zzz:

Come on now, you stuck your foot in your mouth and you know it.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Granted that's paraphrasing, but I would think that if that is not what you said you would have corrected me with what you said then. :zzz:

Come on now, you stuck your foot in your mouth and you know it.
I don't like to repeat myself.:biggrin:
TheRealVille Wrote:You talk about bailouts being the baby of Obama, you do realize the first 750 Billion came from Bush, right?

Don't forget that both Obama and McCain backed the bailout plan.
Old School Wrote:Don't forget that both Obama and McCain backed the bailout plan.
I know that, but jetpilot acts like it is all Obama, and just started after he took office.
DevilsWin Wrote:I don't like to repeat myself.:biggrin:

Naw, we'll all disagree with you on that one. You've been known to stick that big ol foot in your mouth time after time after time.:biggrin:
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Naw, we'll all disagree with you on that one. You've been known to stick that big ol foot in your mouth time after time after time.:biggrin:

Great post!!!!!!!!!!:lmao:................Guys I am enjoying this, I'm setting back watching the right kick some tail!!!!!!!!!:Thumbs:
:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:
I would think those on the right would have liked the bailout: it is a sort of parallel universe "trickle down." If the fat cats get fatter, we all get more to lick in the platter. Conversely, if the fat cats go broke (even if its their own feeding frenzy greed that takes them there), we all head toward insolvency. The government makes policies that favor the fat cats, it's all good. The government makes policies that keep the fat cats licking their greedy paws, it's not all good? ...wonderfully inconsistent...
DevilsWin Wrote:You couldn't remember the truth if it smacked your mother.

What you did say was equally idiotic.
thecavemaster Wrote:I would think those on the right would have liked the bailout: it is a sort of parallel universe "trickle down." If the fat cats get fatter, we all get more to lick in the platter. Conversely, if the fat cats go broke (even if its their own feeding frenzy greed that takes them there), we all head toward insolvency. The government makes policies that favor the fat cats, it's all good. The government makes policies that keep the fat cats licking their greedy paws, it's not all good? ...wonderfully inconsistent...

:popcorn: What I would have expected!
Stardust Wrote::popcorn: What I would have expected!

Expected, but did not answer... Care to elaborate?
jetpilot Wrote:What you did say was equally idiotic.

In your own warped reality I'm sure it seems that way.

Misrepresenting the facts to back up your position is the Republican way.:Thumbs:
DevilsWin Wrote:In your own warped reality I'm sure it seems that way.

Misrepresenting the facts to back up your position is the Republican way.:Thumbs:

And you have the nerve to accuse someone else of having a warped sense about anything, and at the same time accuse someone else of misrepresenting the facts??? Now that's funny!!! :yikes:

Hey, tell us about the economy there once again..... lol
Mr.Kimball Wrote:And you have the nerve to accuse someone else of having a warped sense about anything, and at the same time accuse someone else of misrepresenting the facts??? Now that's funny!!! :yikes:

Hey, tell us about the economy there once again..... lol

On the first Tuesday of November of 2012, shall we discuss it? I'll mark the date.
thecavemaster Wrote:On the first Tuesday of November of 2012, shall we discuss it? I'll mark the date.

Sure, I'll discuss it then too.

Why not discuss it now though?

Is Obama waiting a couple of years to make his great turnaround of this nation?

Give me a break. I wish I had a dime for every time someone said Obama's only been in office X number of days. I don't know about the rest of you, but my idea of a truly great President is one who can implement immediate change. I'm not saying Obama or anyone else can change this mess on the spot, because that would be impossible. What I am saying is that Obama has done nothing to even jump start this change for the better in the right direction. I mean, what is the man waiting on? An even better question, why don't you guys tell me what he is waiting on?
outdoorsman43 Wrote:Sure, I'll discuss it then too.

Why not discuss it now though?

Is Obama waiting a couple of years to make his great turnaround of this nation?

Give me a break. I wish I had a dime for every time someone said Obama's only been in office X number of days. I don't know about the rest of you, but my idea of a truly great President is one who can implement immediate change. I'm not saying Obama or anyone else can change this mess on the spot, because that would be impossible. What I am saying is that Obama has done nothing to even jump start this change for the better in the right direction. I mean, what is the man waiting on? An even better question, why don't you guys tell me what he is waiting on?

Obama reasoned for short term governmental "intrusion" as a leveraged investment for longer term improvement and recovery. Short termers helped place the economy where it is now. Immediate change within human history is not particularly common. I guess Ghandi should have begun the movement for independence in January and finished up in May? Come on, man.
thecavemaster Wrote:On the first Tuesday of November of 2012, shall we discuss it? I'll mark the date.
No, I want DW to explain his off the wall comment about how the economy is back on track and doing great. He cant back it up because he stuck his foot in his mouth (once again) and has no defense. Watch him either side step around the challange or do as he is doing now, completely ignore the question.
thecavemaster Wrote:Obama reasoned for short term governmental "intrusion" as a leveraged investment for longer term improvement and recovery. Short termers helped place the economy where it is now. Immediate change within human history is not particularly common. I guess Ghandi should have begun the movement for independence in January and finished up in May? Come on, man.

Well, I guess the ole saying is what is taking place here, "Things get worse before they get better." Yeah right. :eyeroll:

Do you really think that this country will ever get out of this economic hole under Obama?
outdoorsman43 Wrote:Well, I guess the ole saying is what is taking place here, "Things get worse before they get better." Yeah right. :eyeroll:

Do you really think that this country will ever get out of this economic hole under Obama?

I would suggest that economic history, its bendings and trendings, hint that "the economy" is "invisible hand" mysterious and that it often seems to swing up and down without regard to who's in power. I think even if the economy improves, it would be hard to directly trace it to Obama's policy. If it does not improve, he will not win a second term more than likely. To me, "the economy" seems sometimes to be driven and held back by ambiguous, if not dubious, forces.
Quote:L'AQUILA, Italy – Lasting worldwide recovery "is still a ways off," President Barack Obama declared Friday, but he also said at the conclusion of a global summit that a disastrous economic collapse apparently has been averted.

Obama said world leaders had taken significant measures to address economic, environmental and global security issues.

"Reckless actions by a few have fueled a recession that spans the globe," Obama said of the meltdown that began in the United States with a tumble in housing prices and drastic slowing of business lending. The downturn now threatens superpowers and emerging nations alike.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090710/ap_on_re_eu/obama