Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jenkins 09-10 Season
cougarpride08 Wrote:Jenkins needs some coaches who CARE about there players not just as athletes, but as kids. It is a year round job.

I think you'll see exactly that from Ashley Addington. She's a great person and has a very smart athletic mind. Just the combination that team needs.
I hope you are right. I just don't want that school's athletic program to die.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
cougarpride08 Wrote:I hope you are right. I just don't want that school's athletic program to die.

Athletic program dies, the school dies.
NikonD300 Wrote:Athletic program dies, the school dies.

The Athletic Program has been Jenkins for years. And you right if the athletics can't survive. The kids will become Cougars.
sherman14 Wrote:The Athletic Program has been Jenkins for years. And you right if the athletics can't survive. The kids will become Cougars.

You are right and I think the the superintendent who has only been here 1 year and the new principlie recognize this and are working hard to develop a school environment that will provide attrravtive educational and extracurricular opportuniites. You need both to have a well rounded school and attract students. This is a concept that was never recognized or embraced by the previous administration.
1bassman Wrote:You are right and I think the the superintendent who has only been here 1 year and the new principlie recognize this and are working hard to develop a school environment that will provide attrravtive educational and extracurricular opportuniites. You need both to have a well rounded school and attract students. This is a concept that was never recognized or embraced by the previous administration.

Are they getting a new weight room at Jenkins? If so, where will it be located?
I have heard that also that they have a grant for a new weight room.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

cougarpride08 Wrote:I have heard that also that they have a grant for a new weight room.

I have heard these same things. They're working very hard to rebuild. One piece at a time.
It is going to take some work. Will have to weigh it out to see what happens.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

The problem is that students aren't interested in the sport anymore. They aren't willing to put in the time. Just as coaching is a year round thing, playing basketball should be too. Basketball players are made in the off season. Jenkins lacks girls players, or boys for that matter, who are willing to put in the hours of running, lifting weights, going to camp, etc. It takes drive to develop talent. The players have got to get some gumption about them and step up to the plate. Coaches can come and go, but if the athletes were more dedicated their programs wouldn't go that affected.... The coaches can't help it if they are given a team with one or two players with real talent, and the others all busy worrying about how they look.

These high school kids today wouldn’t know what to think if someone brought in a hard nosed coach to whip them into shape. They would all quit if someone came in and expected them to put in more time than their hour and a half everyday.

As far as Ashley Addington goes, she is young and inexperienced with coaching girls basketball. However, she has assisted April in coaching the softball team and was an excellent player herself. No one complains that this was April’s first coaching job? April did a good job with the girls and I think Ashley will as well. She may be in need of a good assistant.