Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
15th Region 09/10
tellme1 Wrote:I think Betsy Layne will have a eye opening season next year, they need to keep working. The 15th could very well be theres to lose!

Maybe you should have an eye opening experience and wake up!

Having pride is one thing, but having common sense is another.:Thumbs:
uhavenoidea Wrote:Maybe you should have an eye opening experience and wake up!

Having pride is one thing, but having common sense is another.:Thumbs:

Most people can't realize when they're being arrogant instead of truthful. :dontthink
Its Valley's to lose again....
May be closer than what people think.
Should be another dominant season for Valley
With all transfers aside, the region top 5 IMO has to include SVHS, ERHS, and Johnson Central, as your big teams, and Lawrence Co. and Pikeville as the small ones. SVHS, ERHS, and Johnson will have simmilar true position lineups (other than Hatfeild for SV) which will make it harder for the other teams to match, up and we all know that big in this region is good. Lawrence and Pikeville will be small, fast, and heavy with shooters and scorers. If SV has to use Hatfeild at the 5, I think it will be hard for them to match up with ER and JC at that position but will have a guard advantage. ER will have the guard advantage over JC and If ERs big boy figures out how to play hard by next season will cancel the Prater factor for JC and ER will have a big man advantage over SV. So the question for the region is "are SV's guards guards going to be that much better than ER's and JC's to make up for ER's and JC's big man advantage and will ER's big boy step up to the level that JC's big boy is playing on, or If either JC, SV, ER have a bad shooting night in the tourney will they be able to out score little teams like Pikeville and Lawrence.
I think Valley's starting 5 have the ability to just "take over". Taylor Newsome has a sweet little hook shot thing that I think will be hard to handle. Elisha Justice, is probably a Mr.Basketball candidate and can take over pretty much any game he wants. He has no certain move, so he will be very hard to control next year. Ashley Hatfield is "Pure Shooter" even though he will have to try to play a big man next year. I see him stepping out taking a bunch of 3's. He is a big shot maker. Look for him beyond the arch! Cody Varney, is tough. He plays very physical. I see him controlling on defense. Plus, the boy can jump. May I recall his throw down in Pike Central. Look for Cody Varney to be a key "Roll Player" to Valley. Tyler Newsome. Where to begin. This kid can take it to the hole strong! He shoots really good. He will definitley be one of the best players in the region next year. He will be really hard to handle. He is strong and can take it to the hole. He can shoot great. Look for him to be slightly behind Elisha in scoring this year. They don't have much depth. I see some players stepping up. Valley's region!
A little common sense for uhavenoidea, Those kids at B.L. placed 4th in state there 7th grade year and 8th in (nationals) that is in AAU ball, do u have an idea about AAU. Know there Sophmores. So with out any kids leaving the team, and only having more upper and lower class talent to help them, isn't that a little common sense there eye opener.:redboxer:
tellme1 Wrote:A little common sense for uhavenoidea, Those kids at B.L. placed 4th in state there 7th grade year and 8th in (nationals) that is in AAU ball, do u have an idea about AAU. Know there Sophmores. So with out any kids leaving the team, and only having more upper and lower class talent to help them, isn't that a little common sense there eye opener.:redboxer:

I know all those boys personally. I know what they have done. Other teams and Players do get better. Betsy Layne has had a great AAU program, no doubt about that. Was it the national tourney in florida, NO. And there is tons of of tournaments at the KBA, some of them are Div.1 and Div. 2 tourneys. But, back on topic, BL should be able to compete with the teams in the 58th. One thing is also certain that the region isn't their's to lose (like someone from BL said in an earlier post). They better concentrate on winning a district first.
1. Shelby Valley
2. Lawrence Co.
3. Johnson Central
4. Belfry
5. Pike Central
6. East Ridge
7. Pikeville
8. Prestonsburg
9. Betsy Layne
10. Sheldon Clark
Pike Central will be a surprise.
Pike Central has a new coach; 15th Region Roundup.com is reporting Bill Mike Runyon will be coach at Pike Central next year. Does anyone know if this could be so. Its says its just a rumor right now, but Hatcher has turned down job and Bill Mike is leading candidate. Does anyone think Bill Mike will get back into coaching.
Shelby Valley.
If...Then Wrote:1. Shelby Valley
2. Lawrence Co.
3. Johnson Central
4. Belfry
5. Pike Central
6. East Ridge
7. Pikeville
8. Prestonsburg
9. Betsy Layne
10. Sheldon Clark

:thatsfunn this has to be the worst list i have ever seen...
the real player44 Wrote::thatsfunn this has to be the worst list i have ever seen...

Not saying its a good or bad list. But, why do you think so?
Valley will more than likely run through it. They are going to be good. They will surprise alot of people. Betsy Layne will be good, no doubt, but Valley will blow them out too. I can't wait to see Valley in action.