Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 15th Region 09/10
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Who will be the better teams in the 15th next year? Shelby Valley returns a good junior class, but won't have the size and depth they have this year. I expect Betsy Layne to have a good team with Nathan Martin leading the way. Lawrence Co. returns quite a bit of talent, but will have to replace a couple of key players. Johnson Central should be able to reload with the large pool they have to choose from. East Ridge also has the potential to have a pretty good team. Any others?
Shelby Valley will start 5 Seniors next season, 15th again will be theirs to lose.
Shelby Valley is going to miss their big men. They need a majer transfer with heigth
Valley loses Logan Bryant, Curby Tackett and Devin Adams. 3 great players but will be returning Elisha Justice, Ashely Hatfield, Taylor Newsome, Cody Varney, Tyler Newsome. I think that will be the starters for next season
NYY10 Wrote:Valley loses Logan Bryant, Curby Tackett and Devin Adams. 3 great players but will be returning Elisha Justice, Ashely Hatfield, Taylor Newsome, Cody Varney, Tyler Newsome. I think that will be the starters for next season

I thought Cody was a senior this year.
EOE Wrote:I thought Cody was a senior this year.

No, Cody Varney is part of Shelby Valley's Junior class which includes Elisha Justice, Ashley Hatfield, Taylor Newsome, Cody Varney, Tyler Newsome, Dillon Tackett, Colton Damron, Jonathan Berger.
EOE Wrote:I thought Cody was a senior this year.

No, Cody is a junior this year.
I really enjoy rankings, so I'll give the preseason 15th region rankings a shot.

As of right now, all transfers aside.

1. Shelby Valley
2. Lawrence Co.
3. East Ridge
4. Betsy Layne
5. Johnson Central
6. Pikeville
7. Prestonsburg
8. Sheldon Clark
9. Belfry
10. Paintsville
11. South Floyd
12. Phelps
13. Pike Co. Central
14. Magoffin Co.
15. Allen Central

Again, Shelby Valley's to lose.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:I really enjoy rankings, so I'll give the preseason 15th region rankings a shot.

1. Shelby Valley
2. Lawrence Co.
3. East Ridge
4. Betsy Layne
5. Johnson Central
6. Pikeville
7. Prestonsburg
8. Sheldon Clark
9. Belfry
10. Paintsville
11. South Floyd
12. Phelps
13. Pike Co. Central
14. Magoffin Co.
15. Allen Central

Betsy Layne loses Head, Tibbs, Tackett, and Slone. But, returns Maldonado, Martin and Bryce Adkins.
Pikeville losing Clevenger will be a big blow.
P-Burg has Burchett returning, but loses Patrick, Tackett, Gearheart, and Stumbo(4 starters). But, still has Tincher, Hall, and Jamerson.
S. Clark and Belfry loses a few seniors dont they?
South Floyd returns basically the same team, hopefully without injury. D. Hall only played about 12 or so games last yr. Returns basically all 5 starters. Marson, Turner, D. Hall, T. Hall, and Paige. Along with Andrew Vance.
uhavenoidea Wrote:Betsy Layne loses Head, Tibbs, Tackett, and Slone. But, returns Maldonado, Martin and Bryce Adkins.
Pikeville losing Clevenger will be a big blow.
P-Burg has Burchett returning, but loses Patrick, Tackett, Gearheart, and Stumbo(4 starters). But, still has Tincher, Hall, and Jamerson.
S. Clark and Belfry loses a few seniors dont they?
South Floyd returns basically the same team, hopefully without injury. D. Hall only played about 12 or so games last yr. Returns basically all 5 starters. Marson, Turner, D. Hall, T. Hall, and Paige. Along with Andrew Vance.

Sheldon Clark returns one of the must underrated players in the region in BJ Moore and Belfry returns Jordan Hairston, Jeremy Maynard, and Thomas Varney.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Sheldon Clark returns one of the must underrated players in the region in BJ Moore and Belfry returns Jordan Hairston, Jeremy Maynard, and Thomas Varney.

I agree Moore is underrated. Well, seems like Belfry has a solid core to build around next yr.
It is my understanding Lawrence Co. is going back to the 16th....
BlackcatAlum Wrote:I really enjoy rankings, so I'll give the preseason 15th region rankings a shot.

1. Shelby Valley
2. Lawrence Co.
3. East Ridge
4. Betsy Layne
5. Johnson Central
6. Pikeville
7. Prestonsburg
8. Sheldon Clark
9. Belfry
10. Paintsville
11. South Floyd
12. Phelps
13. Pike Co. Central
14. Magoffin Co.
15. Allen Central

No way Betsy Layne is #4, I know this is a rough go at it. But they lost all 3 big men (Head, Tibbs, and Tackett) and a key player down the stretch for BL in Adam Slone.

B. Layne
PG- Maldonado
SG- B. Adkins
SF- Martin
PF- C. Adkins
C- Newman

Bench- C. Stumbo, A. Howell. S. Johnson
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Sheldon Clark returns one of the must underrated players in the region in BJ Moore and Belfry returns Jordan Hairston, Jeremy Maynard, and Thomas Varney.

But, what else does S. Clark return?
uhavenoidea Wrote:But, what else does S. Clark return?

No matter how you rank the region, 4-14 teams are very equal.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:No matter how you rank the region, 4-14 teams are very equal.

As of right now, I can definitely agree with that.
looks like valley will take it once again. they do lose there two big men but they have alot of talent that don't get playing time this year. they also lose logan but i think that cody will step up and take that defensive role next year.
I think Taylor Newsome will hold his own next year. He is a very smart ball player and rebounds really hard. So, with him and with all the speed and talent Valley is going to have including Cody Varney (who rebounds strong), Elisha Justice, Tyler Newsome, and Ashley Hatfield. They should have a scoring frenzy on alot of teams next year. Their scoring should be 70+ every game. But, never know who will sneak up on them. But, I say Valley holds the region next year.
I think Shelby Valley will take a step back next year. They will return 5 of their top 8 players, which I would assume will be their starting five. And a lineup of Justice, Varney, Tyler Newsome, Hatfield, and Taylor Newsome will be as athletic as any around. But there will a noticable lack of size. Losing both Adams and Tackett at the same time will hurt. Not to mention all the intangibles Bryant brings to the table.

Also, Valley will not enjoy as much depth. There may be some talented players beyond those mentioned, but they have rarely gotten any game experience this year other than mop-up time. So they will probably not be ready to contribute right away.

Still, SV has to be the preseason favorite going in. I just think they may be more vulnerable next year than they were this year.
Can't see Sheldon Clark eighth because they just have Moore and Tyler Lafferty back as they lost seven seniors and have very little talent wise coming up. Of course there has been rumors that a couple may transfer from Tug Valley but it just rumor and besides if SC had a coach that knew what he was doing they would be better this year.:devilflam
My prediction, Belfry will be #2 in the region next year................................
Belfry lost Shawn Dotson and Andrew Elkins, that will hurt them. They will have
Jordan Hairston and Jermy Maynard. Belfry also lost one of their senior players who thought he was a coach and did nothing but bully, harass and cause conflict on the team. He made practices and games miserable the entire season and got by with it all, it's a disgrace what these boys had to put up with this past season. Belfry can only get better now unless they start losing some of their younger potential because of what has happened and I believe that may be a possibility.
Coachcake Wrote:Belfry lost Shawn Dotson and Andrew Elkins, that will hurt them. They will have
Jordan Hairston and Jermy Maynard. Belfry also lost one of their senior players who thought he was a coach and did nothing but bully, harass and cause conflict on the team. He made practices and games miserable the entire season and got by with it all, it's a disgrace what these boys had to put up with this past season. Belfry can only get better now unless they start losing some of their younger potential because of what has happened and I believe that may be a possibility.

Belfry's young guys are going no where..........
what do you mean? clarify yourself! are you meaning they are not ditching basketball for other sports? or do you mean the future is not there?
The Installer Wrote:what do you mean? clarify yourself! are you meaning they are not ditching basketball for other sports? or do you mean the future is not there?

Meaning they are not ditching basketball for other sports, the current 8th grade included. They all love basketball.
Dont count my Tigers out of the picture. We got some good court experience this year. I know other teams do things over the off season and summer like we do, but I think it will help out a lot. I just wish this group of boys was better prepared to step on the varsity court. The transition would have been smother if a few of the players had more than 1 minute at the end of each game getting varsity experience. This year, they got threw in the wolfs den and had a rough go around. It will only help then come next season. I dont think they will win the region, but I do think we will sneak up on a team or two and people will know not to overlook us.
NEXT Wrote:Meaning they are not ditching basketball for other sports, the current 8th grade included. They all love basketball.

That's it they do love basketball, and some are considering transferring.
Coachcake Wrote:That's it they do love basketball, and some are considering transferring.

Where are they thinking of transferring to?
Coachcake Wrote:That's it they do love basketball, and some are considering transferring.

Who and where?

You can pm me that if you like.

I am as close as you get get with 90% of the kids and NONE have expressed that to me................
I think Betsy Layne will have a eye opening season next year, they need to keep working. The 15th could very well be theres to lose!
Pages: 1 2