Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will Billy G lose his job after this season?
Yeah I hope he stays at Uk forever I mean since he arrived my team is beaten UK...lol
goBIGblue82 Wrote:2004 #1 recruiting class in the NATION. Randolph Morris #2 C, Joe Crawford #2 SG, Rajon Rondo #5 PG, Ramel Bradley 4 star SG, Patrick Sparks transfer, and two other commitments who never played. This was considered one of the best recruiting classes to come to kentucky, I didnt say that they all played up to their potential.

Ok he had a good recruiting year but couldnt coach them:blabbermo :blabbermo :Thumbs:
theVILLE Wrote:Ok he had a good recruiting year but couldnt coach them:blabbermo :blabbermo :Thumbs:

comment :flush:
I'm really starting to think next year is gonna be a make or break for him.
BullDogs09 Wrote:Yeah I hope he stays at Uk forever I mean since he arrived my team is beaten UK...lol

:thatsfunn Yeah mine too...lol
he can only coach a team its not like he can get on the **** floor and play for them i think he will do okay when he gets his own recruiting class in there.
bobcatlunatik Wrote:he can only coach a team its not like he can get on the **** floor and play for them i think he will do okay when he gets his own recruiting class in there.

How come his recruits is the ones not doing any good... Dont say there Freshman thats why.... because there are freshman in the nation right now that were ranked below these recruits that are doing awesome... Like Walker-Florida, Fortson-Arkansas,White-Oe Miss, Samuels-Louisville, Monroe-G'town, Mack-Butler, Hopson-Tennessee...EXC the list goes on and on but I justdont buy there Freshman so tell me something else

PS maybe he should learn to coach then
theVILLE Wrote:How come his recruits is the ones not doing any good... Dont say there Freshman thats why.... because there are freshman in the nation right now that were ranked below these recruits that are doing awesome... Like Walker-Florida, Fortson-Arkansas,White-Oe Miss, Samuels-Louisville, Monroe-G'town, Mack-Butler, Hopson-Tennessee...EXC the list goes on and on but I justdont buy there Freshman so tell me something else

Hmmm, I wonder if their are any Freshman in the NATION that are not standouts and are playing like Freshman any place else. Your logic just has no merit.
Stardust Wrote:Hmmm, I wonder if their are any Freshman in the NATION that are not standouts and are playing like Freshman any place else. Your logic just has no merit.

Yeah but not top picks from last year..HMMMMConfusedhh: NO EXECUSE FOR THEM NOT TO DO BETTER:eyeroll: :popcorn:
theVILLE Wrote:How come his recruits is the ones not doing any good... Dont say there Freshman thats why.... because there are freshman in the nation right now that were ranked below these recruits that are doing awesome... Like Walker-Florida, Fortson-Arkansas,White-Oe Miss, Samuels-Louisville, Monroe-G'town, Mack-Butler, Hopson-Tennessee...EXC the list goes on and on but I justdont buy there Freshman so tell me something else

Why don't you just go suck Rick Pitino off and leave the basketball coaching at UK to Coach Gillispie.

You may know more about rooting for second rate programs(UofL)but not coaching basketball.
The idiots calling for Billy G to leave are the same idiots that wanted Coach Brooks to leave after 2-3 years.

IDIOTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We must give him time. It is easy to look at the games, we are not at practice or in the classroom.
Billy G aint going anywhere why would he and Uk clearly sees that he is twice the coach tubby was there gonna give him another year or 2 to show what he has got
I think Billy G is gone but however they may give hom one more year!!
theVILLE Wrote:Yeah but not top picks from last year..HMMMMConfusedhh: NO EXECUSE FOR THEM NOT TO DO BETTER:eyeroll: :popcorn:

Have you looked it up to verify this statement?
BigJ Wrote:Billy G aint going anywhere why would he and Uk clearly sees that he is twice the coach tubby was there gonna give him another year or 2 to show what he has got

That is like comparing an apple to a steak there is no comparison
DevilsWin Wrote:The idiots calling for Billy G to leave are the same idiots that wanted Coach Brooks to leave after 2-3 years.

lol :thatsfunn
UK Football is a little different than Basketball.
DevilsWin Wrote:The idiots calling for Billy G to leave are the same idiots that wanted Coach Brooks to leave after 2-3 years.

can you honestly say you have not questioned some of his coaching the last two years? He admitted himself that he cost them the LSU game.
sstack Wrote:can you honestly say you have not questioned some of his coaching the last two years? He admitted himself that he cost them the LSU game.

there was a very good article in the KY Enquirer this week about Billy G. Go to NKY.COM , go down to sports and click on UK. the article is titled Gillispies blame game off the mark. I believe this reporter hit the nail on the head.
BigJ Wrote:Billy G aint going anywhere why would he and Uk clearly sees that he is twice the coach tubby was there gonna give him another year or 2 to show what he has got

Gillispie may very well be a better recruiter than Tubby, but he will NEVER be a better X's and O's coach than Tubby. You can bet on that.
DeuceUL Wrote:Gillispie may very well be a better recruiter than Tubby, but he will NEVER be a better X's and O's coach than Tubby. You can bet on that.

Best Motivator/Teacher - Pitino
Best in-game X's & O's - Tubby
Best Recruiter - BCG
sstack Wrote:can you honestly say you have not questioned some of his coaching the last two years? He admitted himself that he cost them the LSU game.
No one is perfect. Even Rupp made mistakes and cost UK a game here and there. Humility is a good trait for anyone.