Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will Billy G lose his job after this season?
Will kentucky fire him? if it does happen who will we get? and how much longer will it take to get the program back on track?...personaly i think we should keep Billy G
Goodbye Billy G....Hello Bobby Knight..2 yrs we will be a force to be reckoned with
He's not going anywhere anytime soon. It would be awsome however if Coach Knight was at UK. But I don't think Kentucky is ready for Coach Knight or don't think Coach Knight is ready for UK and the Criticism. That would be better than a Soap Opera though.
Oh lord, Bobby Knight at UK would be a travesty waiting to happen, Bobby couldn't take the criticism.
He's not going anywhere.
Naw Billy G. is here to stay for a while longer. He's turning the program back around, slowly but surely. Give him some time people.
No. He has another year to prove himself, especially if Patterson & Meeks return next season.
This coach will be here at least 5 more years, no matter what happens.:dontthink
Rediculous and typical UK fanbase to even suggest that a coach in his second year is going to lose his job.

No, he will not lose his job, and I would love to take bets from anyone who thinks he will!
He wont be going anywhere.
If the University of Kentucky fires him, it will be the worse mistake they will make in a very long time..... Have we not learned anything from the 2nd year of the Rich Brooks era... Give hime some time to get his players in the program! BCG only has two proven players in his program, Meeks and Patterson. If you think that any other coach could win with Stephenson, Porter and Harris as your starters, then your sadly mistaken. Be patient and give him TIME
Navajo4life Wrote:If the University of Kentucky fires him, it will be the worse mistake they will make in a very long time..... Have we not learned anything from the 2nd year of the Rich Brooks era... Give hime some time to get his players in the program! BCG only has two proven players in his program, Meeks and Patterson. If you think that any other coach could win with Stephenson, Porter and Harris as your starters, then your sadly mistaken. Be patient and give him TIME

:1:
Smartest comment ever on BGR regarding the Billy Clyde debate! :Thumbs:

:notworthy
Well you all know I think he should go, I cant stand him and will never like him, but theres no way he will be out after only 2 years. I would say that if they struggle like this again next season with HIS players, then yeah, he will be gone, if not then UK is even more retarded than he is. If he was to get fired how would that be a big mistake? The first mistake UK made was pushing Tubby out the door, the next and biggest mistake was hiring this *******.
Sports_Fan28 Wrote:Well you all know I think he should go, I cant stand him and will never like him, but theres no way he will be out after only 2 years. I would say that if they struggle like this again next season with HIS players, then yeah, he will be gone, if not then UK is even more retarded than he is. If he was to get fired how would that be a big mistake? The first mistake UK made was pushing Tubby out the door, the next and biggest mistake was hiring this *******.

I agree with that completely, but UK pushed him out the door for the EXACT same things that are going on right now with BCG. The fans are restless, they are not willing to rebuild, and now they have become disenchanted with BCG. With Tubby, he won a title, had the BEST EVER winning % in UK coaching history, but the Fans wanted titles not wins. As for BCG being a mistake, I disagree. He has proven that he can BUILD a winner. Why can't we give him the chance to prove to us what he proved the the Programs that he came from!
When Tubby came, the UK program was in the top five programs. When he left, we weren't, and with a stretch of recruiting that guaranteed we weren't going back to the top 5 any time soon. From 1-9, South Carolina has better players, a much better starting five. We don't have one player who can break people down off the dribble in the half court.
I think the main problem with the majority of the UK fan base in regards to Gillispie is many people expected him to come in and win 25 games a year from the get go... I'm sorry, but that's not gonna happen too many places in America. It's also not realistic to expect that drastic of a turnaround in only one season. He's a good recruiter and given time, he will get better guys in there that may help improve UK's situation a bit.
Billy stays! If not UK will be set back another 4or 5 yrs. GIVE THE GUY SOME TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NO
He'll be safe this year... Another season, and no improvement over this one, and he's gone come next March..

You can't compare what he did @ UTEP and A&M

Those were different situations.. He still hasn't did anything in his career, that would be acceptable @ UK.. The Sweet 16 once is all he has ever did. Do you think UK would be happy with that? No...

If he can't win a title, then he is not the answer Kentucky is looking for.. We need better players. Duke, Carolina, and the rest of the top tier teams are kicking our ***** in recruiting.. And hes supposed to be a dandy recruiter. We have just 1 top 100 player.. North Carolina has 6.. and I believe 4 are McDonalds all Americans.. we haven't had a all american since we got PP
mrfootball03 Wrote:He'll be safe this year... Another season, and no improvement over this one, and he's gone come next March..

You can't compare what he did @ UTEP and A&M

Those were different situations.. He still hasn't did anything in his career, that would be acceptable @ UK.. The Sweet 16 once is all he has ever did. Do you think UK would be happy with that? No...

If he can't win a title, then he is not the answer Kentucky is looking for.. We need better players. Duke, Carolina, and the rest of the top tier teams are kicking our ***** in recruiting.. And hes supposed to be a dandy recruiter. We have just 1 top 100 player.. North Carolina has 6.. and I believe 4 are McDonalds all Americans.. we haven't had a all american since we got PP

We were not getting the top 100 recruits during Tubby's years, so Tubby was a bad recruiter too. Hmmm, sounds like Notre Dame Football and them going through coaches pretty consistently saying they can't get the top recruits. Well, Notre Dame to recruits is not as attractive as it was 25 years ago. Maybe time has past us by, and the top kids just don't want to come here any more??????
DeuceUL Wrote:I think the main problem with the majority of the UK fan base in regards to Gillispie is many people expected him to come in and win 25 games a year from the get go... I'm sorry, but that's not gonna happen too many places in America. It's also not realistic to expect that drastic of a turnaround in only one season. He's a good recruiter and given time, he will get better guys in there that may help improve UK's situation a bit.

I don't like you, but you made a very good post :moon:

:biggrin: JK
Like someone else said, Coach Gillispie isn't going anywhere any time soon.
cards_athlete Wrote:Naw Billy G. is here to stay for a while longer. He's turning the program back around, slowly but surely. Give him some time people.

In another thread everyone was saying that this team was worse than last year... Turning the wron way if possible...lol:lmao:
Coach G isn't going anywhere.... Bobby Knight won't be at UK either.... He ended up losing at Indiana, He was losing at Texas Tech, so why would we even consider him???? I don't want him......
Billy G. is not going anywhere!
I do hate Billy G but guys we still have to give him a chance to get the players he wants. With the players I know is coming in next year alone with the players we got right now, we will be tuff.(thats if Meeks and Patterson don't leave)We was saying to fire coach Brooks and now look at him, 3 straight bowl wins. Just give him 1 more year before we all start to make our final decision about him.
TATE_64 Wrote:Coach G isn't going anywhere.... Bobby Knight won't be at UK either.... He ended up losing at Indiana, He was losing at Texas Tech, so why would we even consider him???? I don't want him......

:Thumbs:
TATE_64 Wrote:Coach G isn't going anywhere.... Bobby Knight won't be at UK either.... He ended up losing at Indiana, He was losing at Texas Tech, so why would we even consider him???? I don't want him......

He won 902 games someplace didnt he
I think Knight would actually bring this team closer together.....
theVILLE Wrote:He won 902 games someplace didnt he

When shorts were still above the knee!