Poll: Who will win the 15th Region?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Johnson Central
13.16%
Shelby Valley
75.00%
Lawrence County
2.63%
Prestonsburg
1.32%
Betsy Layne
2.63%
Pikeville
1.32%
Phelps
3.95%
East Ridge
0%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who will win the 15th Region!
The Guru Wrote:Upsets happen, and sometimes people pick the upset. I went with JCHS, because they have experience, depth, size, good guard play and if they decide to play together on a particular night. They have a chance to beat anyone. Sure Valley is the overwelming favorite. But so was Russia when the "Miracle on Ice" happened.

Those are professional teams, basically of the same talent levels, just played totally different styles. HS teams can either be Talented or not talented, big upsets rarely happen. Like said before, Valley has yet to lose this year with Elisha playing.
The Guru Wrote:Upsets happen, and sometimes people pick the upset. I went with JCHS, because they have experience, depth, size, good guard play and if they decide to play together on a particular night. They have a chance to beat anyone. Sure Valley is the overwelming favorite. But so was Russia when the "Miracle on Ice" happened.
Valley goes 8 deep on a regular basis. Valley has just as much experience if not more, Valley has more size, 6'10, 6'7", and 6'6", and better guards. Plus Valley plays together every night, not just when needed.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:Valley goes 8 deep on a regular basis. Valley has just as much experience if not more, Valley has more size, 6'10, 6'7", and 6'6", and better guards. Plus Valley plays together every night, not just when needed.

All that matters is as long as they play together when needed.. Post season is a whole different season within itself and records only go as far as seeding...
The Guru Wrote:But so was Russia when the "Miracle on Ice" happened.

This would be a bigger upset than that.
PC_You_Know Wrote:Like said before, Valley has yet to lose this year with Elisha playing.
Actually they are yet to play with him 100%. He was trying to play in a few of those games, but was about half speed.
InstantOffense Wrote:Actually they are yet to play with him 100%. He was trying to play in a few of those games, but was about half speed.

That's what I meant to say, I was in a hurry, thanks man.
Mr.Mister Wrote:All that matters is as long as they play together when needed.. Post season is a whole different season within itself and records only go as far as seeding...

No crap, really? Is that why Valley has won so many regional championships? I guess they don't know anything about the post season, lol.
Mr.Mister Wrote:All that matters is as long as they play together when needed.. Post season is a whole different season within itself and records only go as far as seeding...
What is better, playing the whole season together, or just playing tournaments together? I know right now the regular season records dont mean anything. Everyone is just bringing up reasons why JC is going to win the region. Every reason they give really doesnt make sense. I am not saying they cant win it, because they can on any night on the hardwood. I am just saying that JC will be the underdogs in a game against Valley. And in my opion, Valley will win a matchup between the two teams by 25 or more.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
Really no reason to make this thread...Valley takes the 15th easy
I know that Johnson plays a very physical style and they may allow them to win some physical battles on the court but the style and talent level is too stratified.
Probably SV but Im pulling for JC!
SV
Wouldn't we all rather have a team go to Rupp that can make some noise and represent the 15th region best, possibly even bring the trophy back????Go Valley.
Im gonna have to say VALLEY!

Go Big Blue! :Thumbs:
Anyone but SV would be a upset of great magnitude.
From what I have been reading, theres no need to play valley....they already won it all.:notworthy
After watching SV play three times this year in person,and a few times on tv, I dont see how anyone can pick anyone other than Shelby Valley. This coming from a Paintsville fan too. Watching the game against Belfry on tv, it appears to me that Shelby Valley is fireing on all cylenders now. Who has Johnson Central played, not to mention beat this year to make them be such a world beater?
This is why we play the games, SV is clearly the favorite, however, this time of year anything can happen. Yes it will take a near perfect game for anyone to beat Valley but it can be done.
Well done EyespyPville, you actually commented on a post without trying to reveal someone's idenity. Your getting better little man, I am proud of you.
Valley