Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Who will win the 15th Region!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Who will win?
EKY_Soccer_Fanatic Wrote:[PV]Prestonsburg
Shelby Valley
Johnson Central
Lawrence County
Betsy Layne
Pikeville
Phelps[/PV]

If anyone other than Shelby Valley comes out of that region there should be a a criminal investigation. :1:
codeblue Wrote:If anyone other than Shelby Valley comes out of that region there should be a a criminal investigation. :1:

Lol, if anyone but Valley wins, we may need to test for steroids.
Well anybody could win. but I always like an underdog to come out on top.
SV, unless they get lost on their way to the gym. I guess that was a little facetious, I don't see how SV does not come out on top. The only team that will be SV is SV.
SV! This was the easiest question I have answered in a long time. I don't even know if SV could beat themselves at this point.
Shelby valley should take region and make some noise at rupp also.
Have to agree with everyone's comments so far, GO WILDCATS!!
Valley for sure
Seriously, you've got to be kidding me voting for Phelps and Betsy Layne.
What teams are eligible for region thus far?

I know of,
Belfry
Betsy Layne
Johnson Central
Lawrence County
Prestonsburg
Shelby Valley
Shelby Valley, but thats why they play the games.
PC_You_Know Wrote:Seriously, you've got to be kidding me voting for Phelps and Betsy Layne.

I don't see a problem with people picking with heart over head at all.Wink

You cannot just go ahead and give Valley the regional championship trophy, they will have to earn it.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:I don't see a problem with people picking with heart over head at all.Wink

You cannot just go ahead and give Valley the regional championship trophy, they will have to earn it.

Phelps isn't even in the 15th region turny, lol, that's one reason I think it's ridiculous.
PC_You_Know Wrote:Phelps isn't even in the 15th region turny, lol, that's one reason I think it's ridiculous.

Touché.
PC_You_Know Wrote:Phelps isn't even in the 15th region turny, lol, that's one reason I think it's ridiculous.

They're not out of it yet, either.

Phelps can still make it into the regional a couple different ways. Beat Pike Central in the consolation game Friday, and they're in. If they lose that one, they still get one more chance to get in by winning the "play-in" game against the 57th district consolation winner.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Touché.

Just thought it was funny picking a team to win that isn't even for sure in the dance yet.
Of course no one is going to give the trophy to Shelby Valley. They will have to earn it just like every other team that hopes to win the regional title.

But I think what PC was trying to say is that it's a little odd that either of those two teams were picked to win. This thread isn't called "Who do you want to win?", it's called "Who will win?" To me, wanting my favorite team to win, and thinking that they actually will win are not the same.

That said, anyone on here is free to pick whoever they want, and others are just as free to disagree with that pick.
More Cowbell Wrote:Of course no one is going to give the trophy to Shelby Valley. They will have to earn it just like every other team that hopes to win the regional title.

But I think what PC was trying to say is that it's a little odd that either of those two teams were picked to win. This thread isn't called "Who do you want to win?", it's called "Who will win?" To me, wanting my favorite team to win, and thinking that they actually will win are not the same.

That said, anyone on here is free to pick whoever they want, and others are just as free to disagree with that pick.

Yeah, I don't disagree with anyone's pick, I know there are A LOT of homers on this site who will NEVER admit their team is sub par to another team.
PC_You_Know Wrote:Yeah, I don't disagree with anyone's pick, I know there are A LOT of homers on this site who will NEVER admit their team is sub par to another team.

I do, if they pick any team other than Shelby Valley... :biggrin:
More Cowbell Wrote:I do, if they pick any team other than Shelby Valley... :biggrin:

On a serious note, SV could win the Sweet 16, and some people would still think a certain team is better than Valley.
PC_You_Know Wrote:On a serious note, SV could win the Sweet 16, and some people would still think a certain team is better than Valley.

Whether that's true or not, let's not go there tonight, ok? :Thumbs:

This thread is about the 15th region only...
More Cowbell Wrote:Let's not go there tonight, ok? :Thumbs:

This thread is about the 15th region only...

Not mentioning any specific names man:Thumbs:, that time will come.
Stranger things have happened just don't think they could get that strange though. It is defenitely SV's to win and if they don't it could go down as one of the strangest things ever IMO.:rockon: BRING IT HOME.
justabballfan Wrote:Stranger things have happened just don't think they could get that strange though. It is defenitely SV's to win and if they don't it could go down as one of the strangest things ever IMO.:rockon: BRING IT HOME.

If SV doesn't win the region this year, Booher will have some 'splainin' to do!
More Cowbell Wrote:If SV doesn't win the region this year, Booher will have some 'splainin' to do!

Just a "weeee" bit.
I don't think the people who didn't pick Valley can justify why, other than being biased.
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:I don't think the people who didn't pick Valley can justify why other than being basis.

Most are saying JC because they play physical. Other than that it's bias and nothing else.
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:I don't think the people who didn't pick Valley can justify why, other than being biased.
Upsets happen, and sometimes people pick the upset. I went with JCHS, because they have experience, depth, size, good guard play and if they decide to play together on a particular night. They have a chance to beat anyone. Sure Valley is the overwelming favorite. But so was Russia when the "Miracle on Ice" happened.
I would love to see an underdog come out of the 15th! Someone no one has talked about all year as even a threat to win the region, but I think it's going to be all Valley.
Pages: 1 2