Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
College Basketball Top 25 (Jan. 19)
mrfootball03 Wrote:Who has UConn played? Nobody. Their hardest non conference game was Miami. They played a decent Georgetown and lost. Marquette? Who have they played? Well we know they played Tennessee, and got beat. Thats a weak SEC team you all say. Pitt? All these Big East schools have jokes for a non conference schedule. Louisville is basically the cream of the crop in the Big East. And you seen them playing nip & tuck with another weak SEC school Kentucky. Everyone complains about Kentucky's non conference. They've played UNC, Miami, WVU, K-State, Louisville.. Thats more than most of the Big East can say. The ACC is the best conference this year, hands down. The media likes to blow up the Big East because they have a bunch of "decent" teams.

I can see what your saying bout the non-conference schedule BUT the confernece is so hard it makes up for it. Big East is the best confernece in basketball this year. They have 8 top 25 teams in it right now. Sure some people will say the ACC is the best but top to bottom it is the Big East. There is no team you can over look in the BE. Yes UK has played a better non confernece schedule than most in the BE but They have to have a good resume beacause the SEC is so weak this year. The Touranment commtiee looks at the wins not the games you play. Kentucky lost 3 of 5 games you named do you think that will help them get in just because they played them? I dont think so but I hope! Go Cats!
MVP2 Wrote:I can see what your saying bout the non-conference schedule BUT the confernece is so hard it makes up for it. Big East is the best confernece in basketball this year. They have 8 top 25 teams in it right now. Sure some people will say the ACC is the best but top to bottom it is the Big East. There is no team you can over look in the BE. Yes UK has played a better non confernece schedule than most in the BE but They have to have a good resume beacause the SEC is so weak this year. The Touranment commtiee looks at the wins not the games you play. Kentucky lost 3 of 5 games you named do you think that will help them get in just because they played them? I dont think so but I hope! Go Cats!

People can argue about the Big East or ACC being the best, but it doesn't matter cause they are both a WHOLE lot better than the SEC lol
runninrebs21 Wrote:People can argue about the Big East or ACC being the best, but it doesn't matter cause they are both a WHOLE lot better than the SEC lol

Wink Good Point! lol...Its alright that the SEC is weak give the Cats a better chance of going undefeated!
lol no, no matter how weak they are, UK will NOT go undefeated..
MVP2 Wrote:I can see what your saying bout the non-conference schedule BUT the confernece is so hard it makes up for it. Big East is the best confernece in basketball this year. They have 8 top 25 teams in it right now. Sure some people will say the ACC is the best but top to bottom it is the Big East. There is no team you can over look in the BE. Yes UK has played a better non confernece schedule than most in the BE but They have to have a good resume beacause the SEC is so weak this year. The Touranment commtiee looks at the wins not the games you play. Kentucky lost 3 of 5 games you named do you think that will help them get in just because they played them? I dont think so but I hope! Go Cats!

Yeah they have a bunch of ranked teams.. Who does the top 25, AP (Media) does their poll, and the Coaches board does the USA Today poll.. The Big East is overrated hype. They all shouldnt be ranked so high, if ranked at all.. Besides its alot easier to look like a more powerful conference when you have 16 teams.. You have a ACC/Big East Tourney, and the winner without a doubt comes from the ACC.. E.O.D.
mrfootball03 Wrote:Drop "if this" and "if that" then. They lost on a last second shot. PERIOD. Kentucky attacked Samuels for a reason. Saying Kentucky can't play with any team in the nation when they come ready to play is not a stretch.

Ok then. A LOSS is a LOSS, PERIOD.
LOUISVILLE 74 Kentucky 71
Btw just cause UK can beat a few scubs in the SEC, don't mean they can play with anyone in the nation.
Aslan Wrote:Ok then. A LOSS is a LOSS, PERIOD.
LOUISVILLE 74 Kentucky 71
Btw just cause UK can beat a few scubs in the SEC, don't mean they can play with anyone in the nation.

lol have to agree there. Tennessee is VERY streaky, and the rest of the teams they have beaten are HORRIBLE so IMO they shouldnt be ranked. Sorry UK fans
Money Maker Wrote:I can play the what if game too. What if you had someone to match up with meeks?? What if you could stop BIG PP and not let him get a double double?? What if GOD didnt shot the ball for SOSA at the end of the game?? Big Grin

Haha
Fact: Louisville 74 Kentucky 71
Hmm does the word Western Kentucky ring a bell? How bout UNLV? Georgetown College (KY) even took Louisville to the wire at Freedom Hall
gish_7 Wrote:Hmm does the word Western Kentucky ring a bell? How bout UNLV? Georgetown College (KY) even took Louisville to the wire at Freedom Hall

that might be true, but all you can look at is the head to head... which the Cards came out with the W.
Aslan Wrote:Haha

Fact: Louisville- 2 Championships Kentucky - 7 Championships

7>2

Fact: Kentucky: is Kentucky Louisville: still sucks

What did we learn today kids?

Kentucky>Louisville

& Once again: 7>2
It could have something to do with the committee's that vote on the AP and of course the coach's may not have a lot faith in Billy G. They may be thinking that UK is peaking right now and will end up dying out at the end of the season, but that could be completely wrong as well, just wanted another point of view.
gish_7 Wrote:Hmm does the word Western Kentucky ring a bell? How bout UNLV? Georgetown College (KY) even took Louisville to the wire at Freedom Hall

VMI?
Gardner-Webb?
San Diego?
UAB?

Any of them ring a bell bub?
mrfootball03 Wrote:Fact: Louisville- 2 Championships Kentucky - 7 Championships

7>2

Fact: Kentucky: is Kentucky Louisville: still sucks

What did we learn today kids?

Kentucky>Louisville

& Once again: 7>2

Yeah, UK does have more tradition than UofL. What has UK done lately? Whens the last time they got out of the second round?
I try my best to like UK, but stupid stuff like this is the reason I hate them sometimes.
BTW Louisville must not have sucked to much to be the mighty kitty cats again.
I am very shocked that UK only got 12 votes.
UK should be in the top 25

UL- 2 UK- 7 FACT!! Big Grin UK- 28 UL-14 FACT!! Wink

:thatsfunn Championships :thatsfunn OVERALL RECORD

Sorry but either Louisville is not as good as they where suppose to be or UK is getting better and playing good against legit opponents. BTW we may want to keep this on topic.
Money Maker Wrote:UL- 2 UK- 7 FACT!! Big Grin UK- 28 UL-14 FACT!! Wink

:thatsfunn Championships :thatsfunn OVERALL RECORD

Yeah, we all know that. When UK beats a good team this year, holla at me.
Aslan Wrote:Yeah, we all know that. When UK beats a good team this year, holla at me.

WellI guess its time to HOLLA atcha... They beat WVU, which is one of the best in the big east, they beat Kansas st., they beat #24 Tennessee, and I'm pretty sure Tennessee beat one of the favorites to win the big east by 14 points. We beat Tennessee by 18, so what does that tell ya. Now when UL actually gets half the championships UK has then you can give me a HOLLA BACK!! Big Grin