Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: College Basketball Top 25 (Jan. 19)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
ESPN/USA Today Poll

1. Wake Forest (25) 16-0 769
2. Duke (6) 16-1 747
3. Connecticut 16-1 688
4. Pittsburgh 16-1 679
5. Oklahoma 17-1 649
6. North Carolina 16-2 643
7. Michigan State 15-2 566
8. Syracuse 17-2 520
9. Clemson 16-1 472
10. Marquette 16-2 469
11. UCLA 14-3 443
12. Louisville 13-3 377
13. Xavier 15-2 360
14. Georgetown 12-4 349
15. Texas 13-4 344
16. Arizona State 15-3 337
17. Butler 16-1 332
18. Purdue 14-4 193
19. Notre Dame 12-5 180
20. Minnesota 16-2 154
21. Villanova 14-3 152
22. Saint Mary's 17-1 134
23. Baylor 14-3 82
24. Illinois 15-3 72
25. Memphis 14-3 72

Others Receiving Votes
California 65, Florida 52, Gonzaga 35, Utah State 31, Ohio State 22, Brigham Young 22, Dayton 16, Missouri 13, Kentucky 12, Davidson 9, Kansas 3, West Virginia 3, Washington 2, Miami (FL) 2, Florida State 2, Arkansas 2, Michigan 1.

Dropped From Rankings
California 23, Michigan 24.
Proves how much they know. How does flordia get 52 votes when they have one of the weakest schedules I've seen in the SEC.
I can't wait for UK to crack the top 25!!!
Screw those rankings lets just keep winning.
Notre Dumb has to be the most overrated team in the nation.
Oh well. Maybe next month we will garner 20 votes.
I'm just glad the dUKe did not jump to #1:Clap:
Very surprised Kentucky didn't receive more love than that. They got more a lot more votes in the AP poll but still didn't crack the top 25. This kind of surprises me.
IMO Wake Forest deserves to be number one, that wouldn't of been fair if Duke went to the #1, but Im the biggest duke fan on here and IMO they aint number one, maybe top 3 or 4, but not 1. To many good teams this year.

And to not have Kentucky ranked it Crazy, They should of at least went to Rank 20- 25, But I dont no lol
How does Texas stay so high? Arkansas beat them and Oklahoma. Also, Tennessee beat Georgetown and Marquette. Notre Dame is 19th with 5 losses already.. Come on.. SEC is getting no respect. Yes, the SEC is down this year, but they can still play with anybody on a given night.. Actually, I think the Big East is overrated..
mrfootball03 Wrote:How does Texas stay so high? Arkansas beat them and Oklahoma. Also, Tennessee beat Georgetown and Marquette. Notre Dame is 19th with 5 losses already.. Come on.. SEC is getting no respect. Yes, the SEC is down this year, but they can still play with anybody on a given night.. Actually, I think the Big East is overrated..

The Big East isn't overrated, just Notre Dame.Wink
I'm a little surprised to see how many votes Florida got, and how few that the Cats got.
Wake Forest is probably the best team in the nation at this point though, I agree completely with them being #1.
Doesn't matter where UK is ranked right now. All that matters is that we keep winning and the ranking at the end of the season!!
Polls and rankings and whatever else they use to put these teams in order of how good they are all stupid. I could care less about where UK is, all that matters is that they keep winning and show these supposed ranking experts how stupid they really are. I actually like that UK isnt ranked, it makes them hungrier to do better and show what they are about. So like I said, screw the rankings.
No SEC teams in the top 25 again. None deserving really...
I dont see how Purdue is still hanging around at no. 18 with 4 losses...and Notre Dame at no. 19 with 5 losses
Aslan Wrote:No SEC teams in the top 25 again. None deserving really...

are you crazy? UT took georgetown down with authority and then we beat UT by 18? also UL beat Piit and UL got luck against us and we are cleary playing better ball then we was 8 games ago so uk should be in the top 25, im sure if duke,unc,ucla and other schools had 4 losses they would still be in the top 25
A little basis but, it is crap that UK is not in at 25 or 24. I know that the SEC is crap this year but the preseason pick for the conference was knocked off last week and we almost beat Louisville who beat the #1 last week (I know, there are no points for close games).
Wildcatk23 Wrote:are you crazy? UT took georgetown down with authority and then we beat UT by 18? also UL beat Piit and UL got luck against us and we are cleary playing better ball then we was 8 games ago so uk should be in the top 25, im sure if duke,unc,ucla and other schools had 4 losses they would still be in the top 25

You can't compare scores like that. UofL did not get lucky against UK, infact they tried there best to give UK that game. Are we talking about the same Tenn. team that lost to Temple by 18? Tenn is very inconsistant. Those teams you mentioned are all better than UK, thats why there in the top 25.
Saint Mary's at #22?
outdoorsman43 Wrote:The Big East isn't overrated, just Notre Dame.Wink

NO the big east really is overrated......
Wildcatk23 Wrote:are you crazy? UT took georgetown down with authority and then we beat UT by 18? also UL beat Piit and UL got luck against us and we are cleary playing better ball then we was 8 games ago so uk should be in the top 25, im sure if duke,unc,ucla and other schools had 4 losses they would still be in the top 25

Louisville should have wiped UK by 20 , they had a 12 point lead and turned the ball over 4 times to help them stay in the game.Rolleyes
Tatertot Wrote:Louisville should have wiped UK by 20 , they had a 12 point lead and turned the ball over 4 times to help them stay in the game.Rolleyes

lol your jus upset over that woodshed *** whoopin' Kentucky gave your Vols.. If Louisville was that much better than Kentucky, they would have shown it.. By the way.. how 'bout 54 lmao..
Tatertot Wrote:Louisville should have wiped UK by 20 , they had a 12 point lead and turned the ball over 4 times to help them stay in the game.Rolleyes

Not to cause anymore disscussion but I got to stick up for the cats. If they would have taken care of the ball and turned it over less than 15 times they game would have had a different outcome. Sorry, but UK took UL to the wire with 21 turn overs, I believe that they would have beat them with 15-16 turnouts.
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:Not to cause anymore disscussion but I got to stick up for the cats. If they would have taken care of the ball and turned it over less than 15 times they game would have had a different outcome. Sorry, but UK took UL to the wire with 21 turn overs, I believe that they would have beat them with 15-16 turnouts.

If this, if that. I can play the what if game too. What if Samuels would have done anything? What if Clark didnt play bad? What if Lville, with a 7points lead with 20secs left, just taken care of the ball? Would we even be having this discussion? The better team won, with 2 of there better players doing next to nothing.
Aslan Wrote:If this, if that. I can play the what if game too. What if Samuels would have done anything? What if Clark didnt play bad? What if Lville, with a 7points lead with 20secs left, just taken care of the ball? Would we even be having this discussion? The better team won, with 2 of there better players doing next to nothing.

Drop "if this" and "if that" then. They lost on a last second shot. PERIOD. Kentucky attacked Samuels for a reason. Saying Kentucky can't play with any team in the nation when they come ready to play is not a stretch.
Norte Dame will show if they are deserving of a Top 20 spot. Next 3 games for the Irish is UConn, Marquette, and Pitt. That should tell if they are overated or not.
MVP2 Wrote:Norte Dame will show if they are deserving of a Top 20 spot. Next 3 games for the Irish is UConn, Marquette, and Pitt. That should tell if they are overated or not.

To be honest, I think Notre Dame will lose to UConn and Pitt, and might beat Marquette. Not that they are overrated, but the Big East is tough. Guys, UK will be in the top 25 when they deserve to be. Trust me the ppl who pick it aren't all in on a secret to leave UK out i promise. They have beat one true team this year and that is Tennessee who is inconsistent. You can say what you want about the UL game, but who won? It dont matter if you lose by 1 or 50, a loss is a loss. When they beat another TRUE contender team or two, they will be ranked.
Aslan Wrote:If this, if that. I can play the what if game too. What if Samuels would have done anything? What if Clark didnt play bad? What if Lville, with a 7points lead with 20secs left, just taken care of the ball? Would we even be having this discussion? The better team won, with 2 of there better players doing next to nothing.

I can play the what if game too. What if you had someone to match up with meeks?? What if you could stop BIG PP and not let him get a double double?? What if GOD didnt shot the ball for SOSA at the end of the game?? Big Grin
MVP2 Wrote:Norte Dame will show if they are deserving of a Top 20 spot. Next 3 games for the Irish is UConn, Marquette, and Pitt. That should tell if they are overated or not.

Who has UConn played? Nobody. Their hardest non conference game was Miami. They played a decent Georgetown and lost. Marquette? Who have they played? Well we know they played Tennessee, and got beat. Thats a weak SEC team you all say. Pitt? All these Big East schools have jokes for a non conference schedule. Louisville is basically the cream of the crop in the Big East. And you seen them playing nip & tuck with another weak SEC school Kentucky. Everyone complains about Kentucky's non conference. They've played UNC, Miami, WVU, K-State, Louisville.. Thats more than most of the Big East can say. The ACC is the best conference this year, hands down. The media likes to blow up the Big East because they have a bunch of "decent" teams.
Pages: 1 2