Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Coaches in College Basketball?
university of Tennessee-martin.
Protect_This_House26 Wrote:Man I totally forgot about Pat Summitt. She is a great coach....she is like, 6 wins from a thousand I think. GREAT coach.

king360 Wrote:Geno Auriemma-Uconn Women

Great posts, and thank you for mentioning them. :1:

They are tremendous coaches who really understand the X's & O's of the game as well as anyone.
Spartan4Life Wrote:oh yes Pat Summit is a very good basketball coach, she could prolly coach mens basketball if she wanted too.
they offered her the mens job at Tenn in the early 90s if i recall right
#1 has to be Ricky P
#2 Tom IZZO
#3 Roy Willams
#4 Jim Calhoun
#5 Texas Coach
I mean how do u put Tubby in there after a carrer at uk like that
Cardfan09 Wrote:#1 has to be Ricky P
#2 Tom IZZO
#3 Roy Willams
#4 Jim Calhoun
#5 Texas Coach
I mean how do u put Tubby in there after a carrer at uk like that

You left out Coach K from Duke. UK fans might not like Duke, but he is still one of the best coaches in college basketball right now...
1. Coach K
2. Roy Williams
3. Bill Self
4. Tom Izzo
5. Billy Donovan
Jimmy Dugan Wrote:Best Coaches
1.Coach K
2.Roy Williams
3.Bill Self
4.Rick Pitino
5.Billy Donovan

The best after that would probably have to be Ben Howland, Jim Boeheim,Tom Izzo, and Calipari.

If Thad Matta could coach Ohio State would be # 1 every year because he always seems to get at least 2 recruits in the top 25.

I agree completely with every word!!!!!
Jimmy Dugan Wrote:She is probably the best. Hasn't she won all 7 of tenn. national titles?

8 I think!!
1. Coach K
2. Rick Pitino
3. Roy Williams
4. Mark Few
5. Tubby Smith

All-Time Bob Knight
Well, Pitino, Roy Williams, Coach K, Izzo, Billy G and Pelphrey (both will be great I think in due time).
Oh, and Billy Donovan and Bruce Pearl.
Coach K all the way! Bad as I hate it.
Coach K
Ben Howland
Bill Self
Rick Pitino
Tom Izzo
1.Pat Summit-997 wins
2.Tom Izzo-
3.Rick Pitino-Took the ville to the final 4 in just a few years

Anybody in the country could coach this 2 teams with a couple good foul shooters in there roster
4.Coach K
5.Roy Williams

6. Billy G- Once he gets some top recruits in at kentucky they will become the old faithful blue again, look at what he did at texas a&m
Coach K
R. Williams
Tubby
Pitino
Tom Izzo

I am so sick of people saying stuff like, "look what billy g did at texas a&m". What the **** did he do? They were in the Big 12, its not hard to coach and be successful in the Big 12, especially when the top 3 teams are Texas, Kansas and Oklahoma. The rest of the conference is weak. What he did with them is nothing big in my eyes and never will be. He is coaching UK now, way bigger than Texas A&M, and the expectations much greater. I could understand him being able to take losses to Gardner Webb, San Diego, VMI, etc.... if he was still coaching that team, but not at Kentucky. He acts like its no big thing to lose to teams like that, when in fact they hurt big time. Those kinds of losses keep you out of the tournament. UK was lucky they won what they did in the SEC last year, if they hadnt, they would not have been in the tourney. Quit making this man out to be bigger than what he is, he is nothing more than a mediocre coach that recruits well, thats it. Now when or if he ever learns to coach, yeah, I might have something good to say about him. Right now, the only reason I watch UK is because of the players, not him.
Braves_Fan_26 Wrote:Coach K
R. Williams
Tubby
Pitino
Tom Izzo

I am so sick of people saying stuff like, "look what billy g did at texas a&m". What the **** did he do? They were in the Big 12, its not hard to coach and be successful in the Big 12, especially when the top 3 teams are Texas, Kansas and Oklahoma. The rest of the conference is weak. What he did with them is nothing big in my eyes and never will be. He is coaching UK now, way bigger than Texas A&M, and the expectations much greater. I could understand him being able to take losses to Gardner Webb, San Diego, VMI, etc.... if he was still coaching that team, but not at Kentucky. He acts like its no big thing to lose to teams like that, when in fact they hurt big time. Those kinds of losses keep you out of the tournament. UK was lucky they won what they did in the SEC last year, if they hadnt, they would not have been in the tourney. Quit making this man out to be bigger than what he is, he is nothing more than a mediocre coach that recruits well, thats it. Now when or if he ever learns to coach, yeah, I might have something good to say about him. Right now, the only reason I watch UK is because of the players, not him.

Yeah, But he had good tournament runs with A&M
Braves_Fan_26 Wrote:Coach K
R. Williams
Tubby
Pitino
Tom Izzo

Never thought in a millioin years i would agree with you on anything, but on this i completely agree, haha!! Seriously though, the SEC and the Big 12 are totally different conferences and there is no comparing the two. He had good recruits there but they were still losing to teams like UK is, teams they shouldn't lose to, and he never caught the negative vibes there like he is at UK. I will admit they are starting to learn how to finish games and not let mediocre teams play with them, but he still has alot to learn at UK before he can even come remotely close to being one of the best coaches.
alfus21 Wrote:Roy Williams
Coach K
Ben Howland
John Calipari
Tom Izzo

Rick Pitino
Calhoun
Donovan
i think you are one of the smartest members, great list i only wish we could place bob knight on here i know he is done but i loved the guy!!!