Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Courier-Journal Litkenhous Ratings 12/30
FBALL Wrote:Well it wouldn't be much of a stretch to say it.

I like Elliott County's team. The Faulkners are the hardest playing and smartest basketball players I have ever seen. They are alot of fun to watch.

Still think Scott County and Holmes are better though.

So much for being the voice of reason I guess.:igiveup:

No, we are on the same team, Either you misread, or I mis qouted a post! I agree that EC isn't the best team in the state, but day in, day out.....It's a toss up most days........
letthebighogroot Wrote:I was not referring to your post sorry! To goodguy........Look at the last day of the KOtB and the first day of the BBC, I suppose in your opinion those two tournies in that amount of time would simply be cannon fodder for the team you back! Name ONE instance were any team has competed in both.......Then you can make a living bashing EC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
OK.

I think I have fixed all of the quotes. No at least we will all know who we agree or disagree with. Smile
letthebighogroot Wrote:I was not referring to your post sorry! To goodguy........Look at the last day of the KOtB and the first day of the BBC, I suppose in your opinion those two tournies in that amount of time would simply be cannon fodder for the team you back! Name ONE instance were any team has competed in both.......Then you can make a living bashing EC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Man! You just don't give up! You stated that all three were at the same time, I was just correcting you, Christmas is between the KOB and the BBC which means that all three are not at the same time.

If you look at any post that I've put out there about Elliott Co. is not bashing them. I think they are an outstanding team and I really like the boys. I just don't agree with everything you say.
goodguy Wrote:Not knocking Elliott for playing in the BBC. You were saying they were too far in distance from the top teams in KY. I'm glad they played in the BBC and represented KY well.
King of the Bluegrass was before Christmas, the BBC and 5th/3rd were after Christmas.Rolleyes

Not a big Scott Co. fan but at least Scott Co. is playing a schedule that has the top teams in the state and nation.

They have already played:
Ballard - Top 10 in KY
Duncanville, TX - #1 in the nation
Tates Creek
Holmes - #2 in KY, now #1
GRC - Top 15 in KY
Byrns Co. SC
Franklin Co. GA - Top 25 in Nation
Dorman SC
Prestonsburg
Madison Central
Anderson Co.

Still have to play:
Dunbar
Henry Clay -twice
Mason Co.
Bryan Station -twice
Franklin Co.
Lexington Catholic
Madison Central
Toyota Classic (Adair Co., Lou. Central, Covington Catholic, Male, Montgomery Co., Tates Creek & Bourbon Co.)

While Elliott has played, Cedar Hill Tx. #7 Nationally by Maxpreps, Pickering Canada, #1 ranked team in Canada, Southside (SC) #1 ranked team in SC, and Mrytle Beach (SC) #21 in SC, and South Charleston, #1 in WVa. I think If you look at what you listed...........What I listed is just as good!
goodguy Wrote:Man! You just don't give up! You stated that all three were at the same time, I was just correcting you, Christmas is between the KOB and the BBC which means that all three are not at the same time.

If you look at any post that I've put out there about Elliott Co. is not bashing them. I think they are an outstanding team and I really like the boys. I just don't agree with everything you say.

I dont care one way or the other if you agree with me............But When you act like EC is ducking and dodging when in fact they could have really only played in one of these tournaments............. Then if I defend the Elliott kids,..... You act if I'm out to get you! How bout you save us both some time and post facts!
Hopefully next year EC will split their team and play in every holiday tournament in the Eastern United States.......... What would you ***** about then?????????
letthebighogroot Wrote:While Elliott has played, Cedar Hill Tx. #7 Nationally by Maxpreps, Pickering Canada, #1 ranked team in Canada, Southside (SC) #1 ranked team in SC, and Mrytle Beach (SC) #21 in SC, and South Charleston, #1 in WVa. I think If you look at what you listed...........What I listed is just as good!

I agree that's just as good but what everyone gives Elliott Co. a hard time about is that they don't play a schedule that has the top teams in KY on it. People can't relate to top teams in the nation unless they see the game or watch it on TV.

Uncle............I'm done with this one.
letthebighogroot Wrote:I dont care one way or the other if you agree with me............But When you act like EC is ducking and dodging when in fact they could have really only played in one of these tournaments............. Then if I defend the Elliott kids,..... You act if I'm out to get you! How bout you save us both some time and post facts!
Hopefully next year EC will split their team and play in every holiday tournament in the Eastern United States.......... What would you ***** about then?????????

Show me one time that I have not posted a fact! Couldn't resist.
I think Elliott will win it this year and the only team I see beating them is Scott County.
letthebighogroot Wrote:I agree, its easy to blame the refs...............Apparently you were one of the few that didn't agree while boos echoed down on the Rupp floor while Miller was playing by different rules............There was a reason 13,000 out of 15,000 were booing :eek: .............. As for freethrows, rebounds, and turnovers........If you have the numbers for both teams in this matchup I would be interested to see them........... As for top 5 teams matching up against one another........... If you look at the map.............You will see that Elliott is a good distance from the teams ahead of them.........But, In your opinion EC should have broke the bank traveling inside the state to play these teams :yikes: ........Interesting........

letthebighogroot Wrote:Disregard my previous post, because I looked it up myself!!!!!!!! You want to point out freethrows, rebounds, and turnovers as not being in the hands of the refs...................Here you go........... Turnovers, EC-8, MC-8. FT's, EC 13 - 15, MC 5 - 16 Wink . Rebounds EC 30, MC 34. Calls in the last two minutes that got the court cascaded in boos.....................MC 3, EC 0 :confused: .............

EC is a great team. Good luck the rest of the year. The schedule is easy enough to run the table, so there will be no other indication of how well they would do against the other top teams in the state until March.
goodguy Wrote:I agree that's just as good but what everyone gives Elliott Co. a hard time about is that they don't play a schedule that has the top teams in KY on it. People can't relate to top teams in the nation unless they see the game or watch it on TV.

Uncle............I'm done with this one.

goodguy Wrote:Show me one time that I have not posted a fact! Couldn't resist.

:Thumbs: It's just like the BCS, teams get ranked high just because of their records, but if they have not played other top teams in the Nation, there is no indication of how good those teams really are. At least we have the Sweet 16 to allow us to find out.
Stardust Wrote:EC is a great team. Good luck the rest of the year. The schedule is easy enough to run the table, so there will be no other indication of how well they would do against the other top teams in the state until March.
Actually they have games scheduled against Anderson County Jan 10 @ Montgomery County, the all A tournament and a home game with Mason County Feb 10. Thats not bad. They should run the table against 16th region teams though.
Fairdale played in both the KOB and the Beachball either last year or two years ago and they went deep into the KOB so I believe so it can be done, ask coach Longacre...as far as these rankings, they mean nothing. Its Jody Demling and Jason Frakes sitting at the computer developing a number and a list of teams.

When it comes to all this talk of playing the top team from such and such state, it means very little to nothing...the supposed "top" team in south carolina was in the Arbys Classic in Bristol and lost their first game by 35 before being trounced by Male.

I know EC is good but I would love to see them play for a few weeks in the 7th region this time of year...this upcoming week Eastern plays Ballard, Male plays Manual, and Jtown plays Eastern right before the LIT which will likely get these teams matched up again while throwing PRP, Trinity, Moore, Jon Hood, etc. in the mix...its gonna be a fun couple weeks in the gym