Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The '96 Cats were Amazing!
My dad is 75. He got to hear and see the 46 NIT champs, the 48 and 49 champs, the 51 and 58 champs, the Runts and the 78 champs. He even says the 96 Cats were greatest UK team of all time.
LSU had a rough stretch for a couple of years against UK to say the least between this and the huge comeback the Cats made a year or two earlier at LSU. They were down by over 30 in the second half.
Cardfan09 Wrote:96 who was coaching Thats right Ricky P who is now going to take the cards to the National Championship and win. Whos boys in 98 Ricky P they left and not been back since have they now. LOUISVILLE CARDINALS #1!!!

Thank you for the random, pointless contribution to the discussion, it is much appreciated.

It is also important to remember just how good the rest of the country was that year. A lot of really really good teams in '96.
The thing about that night that I remember thinking is..HOW..HOW can a team put up 42 points the first half and go into the locker room down 44, LOL..The single most dominating overall team performance that I have ever seen! Greatest team to EVER take the floor, and I'm not being biased!
It would be nice if Gillesppie showed this video to his team everyday before they played.
Sad as it is to say but if this team had DUKE,UNC, or UCLA on the front of their jerseys the media would still be going on about this team as being the greatest ever. The anti UK biast from the media is ridiculous!
cj2561 Wrote:UK wasn't the best best the next year. AZ was the best that 97 season.
Had Pitino agreed to play Derek Anderson in'97 we wouldve been looking at 3 in a row.
The Comeback Cats, Pitino Perfected The 90s For Uk, Even Left Tubby A Championship Team That I Could Have Coached,
IMO one the best teams that ever graced a college floor
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:Sad as it is to say but if this team had DUKE,UNC, or UCLA on the front of their jerseys the media would still be going on about this team as being the greatest ever. The anti UK biast from the media is ridiculous!

I don't know what you mean because this team has been given alot of credit by the media. In fact they are only behind the 1968 UCLA Bruins for the best team all time.

Here's the link....
http://assets.espn.go.com/page2/s/list/g...tball.html
Ashamed
Money Maker Wrote:I'm just curious, how many Pitino won at Louisville??? :confused:
Im just curious since PITINOS BOYS LEFT HOW MANY BEEN WON AT KENTUCKY oh yeah who won this year and last year by the way.
outdoorsman43 Wrote:Louisville hasn't been there since Pitino got there. :p
WHo won this year last year. and how many been won since 98 and pitinos boys left:p
BCF4L Wrote:Louisville hasn't been there since Moby D!ck was a minnow. Smile

Who won this year and last year MR. MOBY D!CK was a minnowBig Grin
Brooks4Prez Wrote:LSU had a rough stretch for a couple of years against UK to say the least between this and the huge comeback the Cats made a year or two earlier at LSU. They were down by over 30 in the second half.
Took alot of good coaching for thatWink
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:Sad as it is to say but if this team had DUKE,UNC, or UCLA on the front of their jerseys the media would still be going on about this team as being the greatest ever. The anti UK biast from the media is ridiculous!

No all you hear is KY PAST:confused:
Wildcatk23 Wrote:The Comeback Cats, Pitino Perfected The 90s For Uk, Even Left Tubby A Championship Team That I Could Have Coached,
Finally a smart personWink
ASHAMED TO ME THAT YOU HAVE TO GO BACK THAT FAR IN TIME TO HAVE GOOD MEMORIES. OH WAIT THAT WAS RICKY PS BOYS THAT YEAR RIGHT:p
theVILLE Wrote:ASHAMED TO ME THAT YOU HAVE TO GO BACK THAT FAR IN TIME TO HAVE GOOD MEMORIES. OH WAIT THAT WAS RICKY PS BOYS THAT YEAR RIGHT:p

Louisville has to go back to 1986. Please stop with these pointless and pathetic arguments.