Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brock Lesnar Wins UFC Heavyweight Championship
the only reason lesnar is good is bc he is so big. if he was 245 or even 255 he wouldnt be nearly as dominate as he is. i look for him to lose again against the winner of mir/nog. hopefully nog will destroy that ******bag mir, then go on to dismantle lesnar.
he lost it somhow theres someone with the interum
Magicjefferson25 Wrote:the only reason lesnar is good is bc he is so big. if he was 245 or even 255 he wouldnt be nearly as dominate as he is. i look for him to lose again against the winner of mir/nog. hopefully nog will destroy that ******bag mir, then go on to dismantle lesnar.

Are you forgetting his amateur career? This guy is legit. He didn't beat couture because of how big he is, he beat him because of a tremendous right hand Wink
Stardust Wrote:Are you forgetting his amateur career? This guy is legit. He didn't beat couture because of how big he is, he beat him because of a tremendous right hand Wink

Amateur career? he only has 4 mixed martial arts fights in his whole career, only one was a amateur fight. He only wins because of his shear size.
Magicjefferson25 Wrote:Amateur career? he only has 4 mixed martial arts fights in his whole career, only one was a amateur fight. He only wins because of his shear size.
Was he not a National Champion in Div 1 Collegiate Wrestling?
DevilsWin Wrote:Was he not a National Champion in Div 1 Collegiate Wrestling?

Yes, but that has nothing to do with his amateur mma career. You are talking about his college wrestling career. Which he is not the only NCAA champion in wrestling fighting mma right now.
Magicjefferson25 Wrote:Yes, but that has nothing to do with his amateur mma career. You are talking about his college wrestling career. Which he is not the only NCAA champion in wrestling fighting mma right now.
But don't act like the guy doesn't have any skill.
DevilsWin Wrote:But don't act like the guy doesn't have any skill.

I admit he has wrestling skills, but that is it. He has no ju jitsu, no boxing skills, no muy thai, all he has is wrestling. Well i take that back he has mastered the lay n pray method.
I've now become a Lesnar fan, I hope he kills Frank Mir.
blackcat Wrote:I've now become a Lesnar fan, I hope he kills Frank Mir.
He will!
alleycat53 Wrote: He will!

I wouldn't be so sure. Frank was able to pull off the submission win when he was in ok shape. Now that he is looking like his old self, i say that frank will absolutely whoop lesnar, also his boxing looked excellent against big nog.
Let's not forget that the Mir/Lesnar fight was Brock's first in the UFC. Lesnar came out of the gun quickly and pounded Mir. Lesnar had him in half guard only to the referee letting them stand because Mir got on his stomach and Lesnar hit him in the back of the head twice. Had Mir not done that Lesnar woud've won the fight by referee stoppage. Lesnar tried to get back on his feet and was tripped up, which allowed Mir to grab the ankle and submit him. Lesnar has only gotten better and so has Mir. It should be a good fight this time around, and maybe Mir will actually land a punch because he didn't the first fight.
DALE Wrote:Let's not forget that the Mir/Lesnar fight was Brock's first in the UFC. Lesnar came out of the gun quickly and pounded Mir. Lesnar had him in half guard only to the referee letting them stand because Mir got on his stomach and Lesnar hit him in the back of the head twice. Had Mir not done that Lesnar woud've won the fight by referee stoppage. Lesnar tried to get back on his feet and was tripped up, which allowed Mir to grab the ankle and submit him. Lesnar has only gotten better and so has Mir. It should be a good fight this time around, and maybe Mir will actually land a punch because he didn't the first fight.

I agree with you on that, but Lesnar needs to work on his ground n pound, he layed n prayed the whole heath herring fight. He did show improved boxing against randy, but that was about all. If he tries to lay n pray against Mir he will get subbed again.

Mir on the other hand looked extremely good against nog. That is the best shape i have seen mir in years. It looked like he put on some muscle mass for this fight also, which he should continue to do for his rematch with brock, to take away some of the weight advantage brock has. The biggest problem i see for mir is his ego, in the post fight interview he said to brock" lets see if he can make it out the 1st round this time around"-close to it. I think he might be too cocky coming into this rematch.
Magicjefferson25 Wrote:I agree with you on that, but Lesnar needs to work on his ground n pound, he layed n prayed the whole heath herring fight. He did show improved boxing against randy, but that was about all. If he tries to lay n pray against Mir he will get subbed again.

Mir on the other hand looked extremely good against nog. That is the best shape i have seen mir in years. It looked like he put on some muscle mass for this fight also, which he should continue to do for his rematch with brock, to take away some of the weight advantage brock has. The biggest problem i see for mir is his ego, in the post fight interview he said to brock" lets see if he can make it out the 1st round this time around"-close to it. I think he might be too cocky coming into this rematch.
Lesner should have stayed on top of this guy and knocked him out....He overwhelmed him and only got caught when he got up...A result of inexperience and I do not see Lesner getting up when he gets on top in the rematch...When does Lesner fight again?
Twitter: @tc_analytics

TheBrahmaBull Wrote:Lesner should have stayed on top of this guy and knocked him out....He overwhelmed him and only got caught when he got up...A result of inexperience and I do not see Lesner getting up when he gets on top in the rematch...When does Lesner fight again?

If he doesn't work on his overall ground game i see him loosing again. He will fight Mir for his next fight, but they have not set a date yet.
Magicjefferson25 Wrote:I agree with you on that, but Lesnar needs to work on his ground n pound, he layed n prayed the whole heath herring fight. He did show improved boxing against randy, but that was about all. If he tries to lay n pray against Mir he will get subbed again.

I agree that Mir has an ego issue, and couldn't agree more with your synopsis about Lesnar's second UFC fight. Lesnar is a down to earth person and a hard worker. He said that being co-heavyweight champion doesn't make him the actual champion and I see him working hard toward that. In his fight against Randy he looked much more improved in his overall ability. I cannot wait for the rematch and I just hope the fight card is similar to UFC 92.
DALE Wrote:I agree that Mir has an ego issue, and couldn't agree more with your synopsis about Lesnar's second UFC fight. Lesnar is a down to earth person and a hard worker. He said that being co-heavyweight champion doesn't make him the actual champion and I see him working hard toward that. In his fight against Randy he looked much more improved in his overall ability. I cannot wait for the rematch and I just hope the fight card is similar to UFC 92.

Yea, i like the fact that he doesn't consider himself the true champion until he beats the interim champ. I agree he did look a lot better against randy as you said. The main reason i started to dislike him was after the herring fight, how he was disrespectful towards the end of the fight in the last seconds. But i dislike other fighters who are disrespectful such as rashad evans. Brock is a H### of a heavy weight, hopefully he will work on all aspects of his game and be prepared when the rematch rolls around again.
Good Job Brock Lesnar!!!
Lesnar is a BEAST!