Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Lewis County
84.62%
Bracken County
15.38%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lewis Co. vs. Bracken Co.
Not to be off topic but this goes with the thread.If the staff feels the need please move it to the basketball forum.

I hear there are some really crazy things going on with basketball right now.
Could someone give a little insight on that? Here is the record since 97-98

97-98=10-17
98-99=8-15
99-00=11-15 district champs
00-01=10-17 district champs
01-02=9-16
02-03=9-17
03-04=19-11 district champs
04-05=12-17
05-06=7-20
06-07=8-20
07-08=12-18
I know this is off topic but goes with this thread Staff if you feel the need please move this to the baseball forum.

02=7-17
03=7-13
04=7-16
05=7-16
06=8-18
07=19-13
08=15-12***

***Russell 9 Lewis Co. 8 page 4 of the baseball forum.

Any way good luck tonight Lions.Win one for yourselves and the county.
kybaseball Wrote:Thank you mandan,

It's a mess to say the least.It will take the parents sticking together,Almost everyone is afraid because it may hurt their kids chances.Because they will lowball you there.But they will do it anyway, fighting for change is hard yes there will be some cuts and bruises a long the way.

What needs to be done is find a strong leader who has no children involved to get things started,and the parents to stand firm and not go to the GOB and rat people out because they are scared and get themselves out of hot water with the GOB.And yes from what I heard it has happen before.That takes a low person to do that.

Another thing some of the people in charge are flat out lazy,They do not want to put the time in to get the job done.They are there for the pay check and to make sure everything is controlled KEEP EVERY THING IN CHECK sort of speak.And use the excuse "we do not have the athletes" well if they would spend the time developing more kids than the GOB kids they would have a lot more to work with.Just look at the athletic history of the county that backs that up.

Lewis has had some sucess in Jr league and Sr league baseball by winning the state in each. You would be suprised how people put them down saying they didn't do anything they just beat a few teams.I don't know if it is jealousy or ignorance on that one.

These are just a few examples.

Anyways good luck tonight Lewis go get your first win of the season you guys deserve it.

GO LIONS

well said :thumpsup: :Thumbs: :joystick:
kybaseball Wrote:Thank you mandan,

It's a mess to say the least.It will take the parents sticking together,Almost everyone is afraid because it may hurt their kids chances.Because they will lowball you there.But they will do it anyway, fighting for change is hard yes there will be some cuts and bruises a long the way.

What needs to be done is find a strong leader who has no children involved to get things started,and the parents to stand firm and not go to the GOB and rat people out because they are scared and get themselves out of hot water with the GOB.And yes from what I heard it has happen before.That takes a low person to do that.

Another thing some of the people in charge are flat out lazy,They do not want to put the time in to get the job done.They are there for the pay check and to make sure everything is controlled KEEP EVERY THING IN CHECK sort of speak.And use the excuse "we do not have the athletes" well if they would spend the time developing more kids than the GOB kids they would have a lot more to work with.Just look at the athletic history of the county that backs that up.

Lewis has had some sucess in Jr league and Sr league baseball by winning the state in each. You would be suprised how people put them down saying they didn't do anything they just beat a few teams.I don't know if it is jealousy or ignorance on that one.

These are just a few examples.

Anyways good luck tonight Lewis go get your first win of the season you guys deserve it.

GO LIONS

Didn't the last coach buck the "GOB's"? I thought he always played the guys who was the best player? Didn't he try to bring in coaches to?
Look what happen to him.Smile It was in such bad shape it was going to take awhile to get it righted. I think he had just one coach out of town his first year the next year it was all local guys. The only thing went wrong he wasn't allowed to stay long enough.

Do you think everything is good at Lewis? Just curious.:confused: :confused:
kybaseball Wrote:Look what happen to him.Smile It was in such bad shape it was going to take awhile to get it righted. I think he had just one coach out of town his first year the next year it was all local guys. The only thing went wrong he wasn't allowed to stay long enough.

Obviously not.
Bub Lewis Wrote:Obviously not.

I don't know sometimes the picture is cloudy.:p
Even if you boot the GOB's...you still have to fight the geography of the county, the mentality of the community(not working hard), and poverty. I think the GOB's are a small part of problems that the football team (all teams) experience. JMO!
[quote=Bub Lewis]Even if you boot the GOB's...you still have to fight the geography of the county, the mentality of the community(not working hard), and poverty. I think the GOB's are a small part of problems that the football team (all teams) experience. JMO![/QUOTE

You have very good points.You hit the nail on the head.

The only thing I would disagree with is the role of the GOB'S.They are and have been a huge problem with current and past athletes.

I think all of us agree we want our teams to succced.
kybaseball Wrote:Look what happen to him.Smile It was in such bad shape it was going to take awhile to get it righted. I think he had just one coach out of town his first year the next year it was all local guys. The only thing went wrong he wasn't allowed to stay long enough.

That coach from out of town was Jackie Bush:Thumbs: . The kids really liked him too. I would like to say that he GOB ran him out of town, but he got seriously sick and had to move back home( floyd co. area).
goal_line Wrote:That coach from out of town was Jackie Bush:Thumbs: . The kids really liked him too. I would like to say that he GOB ran him out of town, but he got seriously sick and had to move back home( floyd co. area).

Is that the coach before Josh. I heard something else way he quit.
Just the good old boys, always meanin' some harm....
Beats all you never saw, been in runnin the show and the law
Since the day they was born.

More Crooked than curves, fixing the bills........
Someday the something might get 'em but the parents never will.

Makin' their way, the only way they know how...
Cheatin and schemin is all they will allow.

Just the good ol' boys, wouldn't change if they could,
Fixing the system like modern-day Mafia Hoods...Big Grin Big Grin

Looks like the ground game will be in order tonight.GO LIONS
cj2561 Wrote:Is that the coach before Josh. I heard something else way he quit.
brandon combs was head coach,jackie bush was his asstant coach
Brandon Combs was head coach. Jackie Bush was his assistant coach.:Thumbs:
kybaseball Wrote:Just the good old boys, always meanin' some harm....

:thumpsup: :Clap: Smile :thumpsup:
kybaseball Wrote:Just the good old boys, always meanin' some harm....

GOB theme song:thumpsup: :thumpsup:Smile Smile
cj2561 Wrote:Is that the coach before Josh. I heard something else way he quit.
Why did he quit?
Bub Lewis Wrote:Why did he quit?

someone of it is that. but the rest when they give the coach job to him. they want it to go to Josh. But he was just out of college with no coach under him.
cj2561 Wrote:someone of it is that. but the rest when they give the coach job to him. they want it to go to Josh. But he was just out of college with no coach under him.
What?:confused:
goal_line Wrote:That coach from out of town was Jackie Bush:Thumbs: . The kids really liked him too. I would like to say that he GOB ran him out of town, but he got seriously sick and had to move back home( floyd co. area).

Rolleyes goal line, you are exactly right, but actually, I think that it was coach bush's sister who was very ill at the time and had to go back home to help his family in that situationRolleyes

I meant coach Combs.Sorry for the mixup.Smile Smile

This is getting boring I'm going to go see my good buddies from Belfry for a whileBig Grin
ukfanatic_37 Wrote:Rolleyes goal line, you are exactly right, but actually, I think that it was coach bush's sister who was very ill at the time and had to go back home to help his family in that situationRolleyes
You might be right, but I know we lost or GOB ran off two top notch coaches that could have made a difference in this loosing program that we have and had in the past. What I mean by “loosing” is just be competitive.:Thumbs:
Lions keep it on the ground and hold on to the :football: with [SIZE="7"]TWO HANDS=:1: :Thumbs: :wenumber1 [/SIZE]a win
Good Luck tonight Lewis County Lions
Bub Lewis Wrote:What?:confused:

Josh the football coach now. They want to give him the head coaching job when he got out of college. They told him, help the coach out a few seasons. Then he will get the job.