Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Lewis County
84.62%
Bracken County
15.38%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lewis Co. vs. Bracken Co.
Again the woes continue for Lewis County. They were simply whipped up on at the line by an explosive Greenup County team. The LC morale is at it's lowest by the devastating injury to Andy Downing.

This is the last game of the year for LC, Bracken was the Lions only win last year. Will there be a repeat this year??????Rolleyes :confused: :confused:
Nothing against the players or Coach Huges but if Lewis doesn't beat Bracken they need to seriously take a look at shutting the football program down and switch to soccer.It is a disaster and always will be untill changes are made.

I hope Andy is ok.
kybaseball Wrote:Nothing against the players or Coach Huges but if Lewis doesn't beat Bracken they need to seriously take a look at shutting the football program down and switch to soccer.It is a disaster and always will be untill changes are made.

I hope Andy is ok.

I don't know Coach Hughes that well, but I know he is a great coach and an individual. I honestly think that Coach Hughes needs to surround himself with a totally new coaching staff.............KEEP HUGHES AND GET NEW ASSISTANTS, let's try that.

There are some serious talent coming up from the middle school and I honestly think that in a couple of years things CAN AND WILL get turned around....:rockon:
Anything short of a pro team comming in there isn't anything that will help.Talent seems to have success in grade and middle school when it hit the high school level it disappears for some reason.:confused: :confused:

If changes were made tonight it will take at least 4-6 years to get things turned around.If then.
yeah you do have a good point, kybaseball................but i sure do hope we are all wrong about this program not getting turned around........it breaks my heart to see this program in the shape that it is in
ukfanatic_37 Wrote:yeah you do have a good point, kybaseball................but i sure do hope we are all wrong about this program not getting turned around........it breaks my heart to see this program in the shape that it is in

I hope I am wrong it not only breaks the Heart of people in the county but others that live in other counties that are from Lewis.
I don't think Lewis can even play with Bracken. Bracken wins easy.
ukfanatic_37 Wrote:I don't know Coach Hughes that well, but I know he is a great coach and an individual. I honestly think that Coach Hughes needs to surround himself with a totally new coaching staff.............KEEP HUGHES AND GET NEW ASSISTANTS, let's try that.

There are some serious talent coming up from the middle school and I honestly think that in a couple of years things CAN AND WILL get turned around....:rockon:

The head coach has the final say so. Offense, defense, special teams are all predicated to the scheme and philosophy of the head coach. Assistant coaches do what are asked of them by the head coach. What an assistant coach does is delegated to him by the head coach. If the assistant coach is not getting the job done then it is the head coaches responsibility to correct this.
I have looked at Bracken and their weak schedule they have played on K.H.S.A.A. web site. I have also looked at Lewis.. Lewis has played to a much higher competition level. Lewis will get at least 1 win this season and have been in several close games. On a positive there does seem to be some improvement this season. 2 or 3 games you let slip away you could have won.
Lewis County
F.N.L. Wrote:The head coach has the final say so. Offense, defense, special teams are all predicated to the scheme and philosophy of the head coach. Assistant coaches do what are asked of them by the head coach. What an assistant coach does is delegated to him by the head coach. If the assistant coach is not getting the job done then it is the head coaches responsibility to correct this.

I'm not real sure Josh is allowed to correct the problem.

I am in no means a football expert or a coach I do know a little though ,but I do know this there are at least 4 assistants have no business being there. Not trying to be a jerk and has nothing to do with them as a person just coaching knowledge and ability.

Thanks for picking the boys down in Lewis FBALL.
kybaseball Wrote:I'm not real sure Josh is allowed to correct the problem.

I am in no means a football expert or a coach I do know a little though ,but I do know this there are at least 4 assistants have no business being there. Not trying to be a jerk and has nothing to do with them as a person just coaching knowledge and ability.

If nothing else, I am a man of my word.
FBALL Wrote:If nothing else, I am a man of my word.

Yes you are.:Thumbs:
Assistant coaches will make or break the staff. You can be the smartest General in world but if you don't have people in the trenches coaching/teaching techniques, etc....you are doomed for failure. These aren't bad people on a personal level, they just don't know anything about coaching. Some may be in there as a front for the GOBs.
What is Bracken's record so far?
uktailgaiter Wrote:What is Bracken's record so far?

0-9
What kind of record/program did Lewis Co. have with the previous coach?
kybaseball Wrote:Nothing against the players or Coach Huges but if Lewis doesn't beat Bracken they need to seriously take a look at shutting the football program down and switch to soccer.It is a disaster and always will be untill changes are made.

I hope Andy is ok.

Ah.. i don't think shutting the whole program down would be a good solution. Lewis is not very good, and hasn't been in a while. But I don't think its right to take away football from any young man that wants to play. Football isn't just about how good ur team is, its more about the experiences you have during you football career.
Well, I hope Lewis Co. Will be OK by the end of the year. Maybe they can step it up and have a good season next year.
I agree with PureRedDevil. You learn alot from football, no matter what your record was or is.
PureRedDevil Wrote:Ah.. i don't think shutting the whole program down would be a good solution. Lewis is not very good, and hasn't been in a while. But I don't think its right to take away football from any young man that wants to play. Football isn't just about how good ur team is, its more about the experiences you have during you football career.

No offence PRD but that is easy to say when your program is one of the most successful in EKY.

I do not want to see the fball program shut down.But it is heartbreaking to see 2 top athletes injured for a program that seems to be in a hole with no hope of getting out for a good long time.

Soccer would be a fine alternative,might be able to win a few games and get the morale on the upswing.
Nobody knows anything about soccer at Lewis Co. A soccoer team there would be worse than the football team. Besides you cant hit someone on the soccer field like you can in football.
uktailgaiter Wrote:Nobody knows anything about soccer at Lewis Co. A soccoer team there would be worse than the football team. Besides you cant hit someone on the soccer field like you can in football.

From the looks of it nobody knows anything about football either.Smile Smile Smile
Lewis 42 Bracken 6
F.N.L. Wrote:Lewis 42 Bracken 6

Sounds about right.
wow!Smile Smile :Thumbs:
kybaseball Wrote:From the looks of it nobody knows anything about football either.Smile Smile Smile
kybaseball Wrote:I'm not real sure Josh is allowed to correct the problem.

You are right about one thing. Some of them coaches don't know that much about football. I am from Hazard, i been to 3 of Lewis Co games this year. My girlfriend's sister is married to Josh. I like told them, 2-3 years they will be in the playoffs.
cj2561 Wrote:You are right about one thing. Some of them coaches don't know that much about football. I am from Hazard, i been to 3 of Lewis Co games this year. My girlfriend's sister is married to Josh. I like told them, 2-3 years they will be in the playoffs.

I hope your right about the playoffs.:rockon:
Playoff.....did you say playoffs? That's a joke! Unless there is a wholesale change in the coaching staff (assistance) the same ole song and dance will occur. Them GOBs ain't went anywhere and just in case you haven't noticed, they are all over the place watching their 3rd string Johnny start.
Quit with the freakin GOBs. You are starting to sound a little crazy man.