Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bowling Green Awarded KHSAA Football Championship Games
FBALL Wrote:I'm glad Bowling Green got it. Its not that bad of a drive.

Getting in and out of Papa John's Stadium is a zoo. I think this is much better.

Me too Fball I have changed my mind.
kybaseball Wrote:Me too Fball I have changed my mind.
You are also only about an hour or so away from Nashville. There is plenty to do.
The only place to go from Louisville in around a hour is Indiana or Franfort and who wants to go to Indiana?:p
I don't know if this has been said or not, but this is another way WKU can raise money for the upgrade of their facilities.
THE_MAN_TB Wrote:I don't know if this has been said or not, but this is another way WKU can raise money for the upgrade of their facilities.

WKU already has the money for the upgrade. They have raised about 150 million dollars over the past 8 years in an attempt to take WKU to the next level. They have moved up to Division 1 in football. The basketball and baseball facilities have been upgraded as well . They have built new dorms and have improved or rebuilt most of their academic buildings. It is the fastest growing university in the state. Houchens Industries gave them 5 million dollars to put their name on the football stadium. Also, last night Bowling Green announced the name of their new minor league baseball team. The Bowling Green Hotrods. They are a class "A" affiliate of the of Tampa Bay. They will play in a new downtown stadium starting in april of next year. They have 70 home games scheduled. They are spending upwards of 300 million dollars on a downtown redevelopment plan that includes a world class fine arts center. The guy who said Bowling Green is boring is just out of the loop. Come on over next year and see for yourselves.
Its hard to believe that the state games wont be in the Pizza pit. Did they kick us out or did the KHSAA just decide to mix it up?
The KHSAA scheduled the games for the 1st Friday and Saturday in December. Louisville could not guranteee that the stadium would be available due to U of L football.

Bowling Green was the only city to place in a bid
JCpride Wrote:Its hard to believe that the state games wont be in the Pizza pit. Did they kick us out or did the KHSAA just decide to mix it up?

Louisville's contract ended with KHSAA and Louisville decided not to bid again to host the state championships anymore.

Bowling Green was the only city that bid to host the state championships.
My last experience at Louisville 06 was a disaster the first 2 hrs. after getting there was spent on the streets around the stadium then didn't get in till after kickoff. Not so good. I am glad they moved it ,Louisville didn't seem very hospitable. The traffic cops were on vac.
Louisville I hate to say is a real "crap hole".