Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lewis Co.08-09 Looking Good!
kybaseball Wrote:You are a good ref. Just don't ever connect yourself to the GOB.

that is why i got out when i did. the network is there, it is starting to change. but it is there also. I am glad i am down here. the school i coach at now is like laraul used to be, our kids come from nothing and don't have a chance once they get out of middle school. I love beating the louisa (central), then our kids don't get a chance at teh high school level. If you think it is bad there, it can be worse i guarentee that. We have two sports that give all the kids a fair shake that is baseball, and boys basketball in lawrence county.
reflaine Wrote:and there always will be kids not giving a true fair chance. To be honest i was one. I wore the wrong color of green to play in the county. My eigth grade year if i shot the ball i came out. no matter what happened. ED Applegate gave me a chance to play, and if it wasn't for him i would not have stuck it out. . when he took over the varsity, after that i proved that i could do it, but it does happen, not as bad with the head men on top of the ladder now, as it was with earlier regimes...

I have heard this is coach hamptons last year any truth to that.

Every year is rumored to be Hamptons last year.. It's like the boy who cried wolf..lolRolleyes
Reflaine you have alot of good points. But, it's hard to get alot of the county to open their eyes to new things.

For example, Coach Combs. He started some stuff trying to build the program in the future, but nobody accepted what he did. He might have changed the system around or it may have been a laughing stock, but we'll never know.
That's where we aren't reading this right.

It's not the County that's not willing to change, it's the GOBs who want you to think it's the dumb old county hicks.
good ole lewis county, u gotta love it
Its went to far and isnt on the topic......CLOSED!