Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lewis Co.08-09 Looking Good!
If everything is done right and the daddies and some of the administration is kept out of it. Lewis should be a contender in the 16 th this year.
They have some very talented players. They now have some size to get to a half court offense and get away from the unsucessful run and gun they have ran in the past.
Also Lewis has added some quality in the coaching department this year that will make a difference.

Good luck Lions .:Thumbs:
kybaseball Wrote:If everything is done right and the daddies and some of the administration is kept out of it. Lewis should be a contender in the 16 th this year.
They have some very talented players. They now have some size to get to a half court offense and get away from the unsucessful run and gun they have ran in the past.
Also Lewis has added some quality in the coaching department this year that will make a difference.
Good luck Lions .:Thumbs:

Whats this mean?
uktailgaiter Wrote:Whats this mean?

They have added a new quality coach that will help the current staff.:Thumbs:
oh really..who is it?
uktailgaiter Wrote:oh really..who is it?

Fite.
cool and thanks
what are some predictions for the Lions this year??
Lewis County will be a very good team in the 16th region they should win the 63rd district, with Witten adding a zone breaking three ball and scoring and Smith adding driving ability and ball handling along with a very good supporting cast like the (6'6) tranfer they should be a handful for any team in the region.
Fite is a smart coach and knows his way around the region, he should be the head coach if you want my opinion about it.
ukfanatic_37 Wrote:Fite is a smart coach and knows his way around the region, he should be the head coach if you want my opinion about it.

I'm not saying that but a lot of people are though.

To be honest they should win the district and make a deep run in the region. I don't think they can handle Elliott or East but I hope they can. No offense to any other teams in thier district. With the low post players they have they should quit worring about the 3 bombs that have cost them more games than i can count and pound it down low.:Thumbs:

ukfanatic you better be careful the "Good Ole Boys Network" won't like that.Smile
Can't help it, the truth hurts. I really could care less about the almighty "good Ole' Boys Club". They are only out for 'their own" and everybody in this part of the state knows it. People talk about it continuously and frankly it's gettin pretty old.............all of it.
what do you mean by the "good ole boys club"
ukfanatic_37 Wrote:Can't help it, the truth hurts. I really could care less about the almighty "good Ole' Boys Club". They are only out for 'their own" and everybody in this part of the state knows it. People talk about it continuously and frankly it's gettin pretty old.............all of it.

It must be exposed! Changes need to happen NOW!!!!!!!!!!

Tailgater I would fill you in but I am affraid a lot of innocent kids will pay more than they already have through the years.

I hope the team does really good this year.A lot of people are expecting big things out of this team.
uktailgater, it's best you didnt even know.........trust me, if you did know what we meant by that, you'd wished to goodness that you hadn't known.....plus, kybaseball is right, it would only hurt the kids if we revealed that information, and in my opinion, most of these kids have been hurt already........you're right kybaseball, things must change now, but i'm afraid that it never will..............
ukfanatic_37 Wrote:uktailgater, it's best you didnt even know.........trust me, if you did know what we meant by that, you'd wished to goodness that you hadn't known.....plus, kybaseball is right, it would only hurt the kids if we revealed that information, and in my opinion, most of these kids have been hurt already........you're right kybaseball, things must change now, but i'm afraid that it never will..............

ALL it takes is a little BACKBONE and things would change.

Tailgater their right your better off not knowing.

Just check how many Regional and State titles in any sports have they won?

Enough of this for now lets talk about the team.
who is the 6"6' transfer coming to the LC team???
I don't know his name but i have seen him a couple of times over the summer,He's not bad at all.

They should be a heck of a team this year.
Thats where I'm from, so I was just curious what that meant exactly.. I understand why you wouldnt want to say though..

I saw that new kid last year on the last day of school, he's big.. That's all I know about him.. I heard he was good though..
uktailgaiter Wrote:Thats where I'm from, so I was just curious what that meant exactly.. I understand why you wouldnt want to say though..

I saw that new kid last year on the last day of school, he's big.. That's all I know about him.. I heard he was good though..

Just watch and listen. It's not hard to spot the "Good Ole Boys".And if something is not done it's going to get worse.

What I saw out of him he will be tough to handle down low.Against most teams if he can get the ball he should put up 20 a night easy.
Not trying to dampen any spirits in the 16th but Lewis will be a distant 3rd to Elliott and East. I don't care how many transfers are coming in.... Clemons WAS last year's team. First thing you gotta do is replace him COMPLETELY!!!then add better parts....No offense, but Lewis is a VERY DISTANT 3rd place in the 16th.
ukfanatic_37 Wrote:who is the 6"6' transfer coming to the LC team???

I think his name is Chris Thompson, i beleive if is from North Carolina
You mean the good old boys and the daddies controll the basket ball too.

I wondered that by what I seen back in the summer at the camps. I saw a lot of good players sitting the bench for well........................ I'll leave it at that for now.

Good luck lewis sounds like your going to need it.
Joe Hampton is a very good coach i mean the mans nickname is Mr March if that tells you anything and the good ole boys may control the fball team but deffinitley not the basketball team and Lewis will not need luck this year they will be very good. If the players you seen on the bench are that good they must have attitude problems or jealousy which is one thing i know joe hampton does not tolerate.
kranky Wrote:You mean the good old boys and the daddies controll the basket ball too.

I wondered that by what I seen back in the summer at the camps. I saw a lot of good players sitting the bench for well........................ I'll leave it at that for now.

Good luck lewis sounds like your going to need it.
ukfootballrocks, apparently you have no idea what you're talking about when you referred to the "good ole boys" NOT controlling the basketball program at Lewis..................HELLO, that is ONE of TWO sports that they do control, not the football, or at least not that much if any, they control the BASKETBALL and the BASEBALL programs at Lewis. and as far as the jealousy factor goes, that just isn't right at all....................if you don't have the "daddy" or the name, you're CRAP in LC no matter how talented you are
sometimes the truth hurts but hey, "cest la vie"....................
I played for Coach Hampton, and i do not believe one bit that the name or good ole boy system works. I might agree with you about things going on PRIOR to Coach Hampton taking over. I was there when he became coach and played on his first two teams. If the good ole boy system is in full effect he sure got lucky to compete with teams that had far less talent then those he beat/about beat in tournament time. With Joe at the helm, you can throw the regulare season out the window. His teams prepare for post season play from the summer on.

You say that the good ole boy club don't run football, but basketball and baseball. Doesn't the same individual coach both baseball and football. This is not a knock on Coach Hughes, he is a heck of a guy/coach/relative. I just do not see him bieng part of the good ole boy system.
If you think these folks are only controlling one sport, they got you where they want you. We need to clean this mess up once and for all. If they control one, they control it all but we are too cotton pickin blind to see it. We are allowing a lot of talent pass through our system because of a few people who carry the "right" name or address.
kranky Wrote:If you think these folks are only controlling one sport, they got you where they want you. We need to clean this mess up once and for all. If they control one, they control it all but we are too cotton pickin blind to see it. We are allowing a lot of talent pass through our system because of a few people who carry the "right" name or address.

:Thumbs: :Thumbs: :Thumbs:
I'm not so sure about the good ole boy system. I didnt play for Hampton, but most of the boys that set the bench, must not have proved themselves. But like I said I was just at games, not practice.

The good ole boy system didnt run the football team when Combs was there. He played who proved himself. Even when there was only 18 players, if you didnt prove yourself in practice you didnt start.

Now Hughes is a great guy, and he likes to play his seniors. This goes for football and baseball. He may not make the best decision in playing some seniors. But, he is the head coach and he makes those decisions.

I think the good old boy system is coming from the people that had kids or was the kids sitting the bench. Thats just how it sounds to me anyway..
Say what you wish but last year during the districts, Bub Witten was having the game of his life, and he gets jerked for a daddies boy. Everyone knows it and no one can deny it. People can turn their heads and pretend this stuff doesn't happen but those are the facts.

Look at the mess the middle school basketball is in. When are we going to say enough is enough?

Josh may not be part of the good old boy system but he has to keep his job. The pressure they ,"the good ole boys", are going to put on him this year will be great. All you have to do is sit back and watch what is going on around you. It's not like they are trying to be secret about it. They are rubbing it in our noses and we are taking it.