Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prestonsburg 27 - Breathitt County 20
Most teams that have a strong running game do well against the Bobcats. In recent years they are not known for stopping a good running team, and i believe that will be their downfall this year. A great defense will take you a lot farther in the playoffs.
Looks to me like Breathitt is really missing the elder Fugate. He did a good job of running the offense last year. Sometimes those seniors are awfully tough to replace.
FBALL Wrote:Looks to me like Breathitt is really missing the elder Fugate. He did a good job of running the offense last year. Sometimes those seniors are awfully tough to replace.
Breathitt has changed the way they call the game as far as the offensive play calling. It is now a 50\50 pass to run ratio and is less effective in my opinion. I know that Channing fugate is a great back, but Breathitt was better when they passed the ball 2/3 times.:redboxer:
Twitter: @tc_analytics

Prestonsburg

Passing
Michael Burchett - 6-12 136yds 1int

Rushing
Seth Setser - 15att 116yds 7.7avg 2tds
Allen Craynon - 10att 77yds 7.7avg 1td

Receiving
Matt Sword - 3rec 93yds
Seth Setser - 1rec 23yds
Austin Gearheart 1rec 14yds
Allen Craynon - 1rec 6yds

Breathitt County

Passing
Jade Haddix - 11-22 56yds

Rushing
Channing Fugate - 18att 212yds 2tds
Jade Haddix - 12att 70yds 1td
Chris Spicer - 11att 61yds

Receiving
Channing Fugate - 5rec 32yds
Chris Spicer - 2rec 2yds
Robbie Huff - 1rec 9yds
Ryan Allen - 1rec 7yds
Josh Fletcher - 1rec 2yds
With 0 W's and 2 L's they better change something.
Benchwarmer Wrote:With 0 W's and 2 L's they better change something.

True, True, but it is still early and actually this may really refocus the Bobcats. Because if you look at last year,13-0 going into the Belfry game was fool's gold and now there is no pressure from being undefeated. They can just work on getting better and see where it takes them at the end of the season.
Congrats Prestonsburg.
I see where people are saying that Breathitt County better hurry and do something, but you have to remember, Breathitt County scheduled two of the best teams in Eastern Kentucky to start the season. These two games will only make Breathitt stronger throughout the season.
I knew this one would be close. Congrats to the Blackcats!
BCF4L Wrote:I see where people are saying that Breathitt County better hurry and do something, but you have to remember, Breathitt County scheduled two of the best teams in Eastern Kentucky to start the season. These two games will only make Breathitt stronger throughout the season.

Who's the other one?

*Edited by BGR Staff for spelling/grammar. Please use correct spelling and grammar the next time you post.*
Johnson Central was who they played last week.
BCF4L Wrote:Johnson Central was who they played last week.

score?
If...Then Wrote:score?
26-14 in favor of Central. It was played at Breathitt County. It was a good showing by Breathitt County so it's not like these 2 losses are anything to hang their heads about.
I was at that game. That was a good game from start to end. Good luck to P-burg on the rest of the season....

*Edited by BGR Staff for spelling/grammar. Please use correct spelling and grammar the next time you post.*
The King Wrote:Take away the two big plays and Prestonsburg struggled at times moving the ball. I'm not so sure Pburg is the better team.

I agree.

Great game to watch. Clay Jamerson came up HUGE, as did the rest of the Blackcat defense in the 4th quarter. I agree with oneijoe, I felt as if Coach Derossett play way too conservative the 2nd half. With Gearheart and Sword they could have thrown all over Breathitt Co.
BUT, Prestonsburg got it done...and thats all that matters.
Derossett has had a tendency to become too conservative when having a lead and it's cost him dearly in games in the past....glad that it didn't turn out like that this go around. Congrats to the Blackcats.
Sounds like a great high school football game.
IRISH4 Wrote:Derossett has had a tendency to become too conservative when having a lead and it's cost him dearly in games in the past....glad that it didn't turn out like that this go around. Congrats to the Blackcats.

In the coach's defense, playing more conservatively with a lead was the correct thing to do on the strong Blackcat teams earlier this decade. Those defenses were -on balance- better than the offense. When that's the case, it's usually better to cut back the offensive aggressiveness, leaning on the defense.

However... this P-burg team may be the opposite. It looks better with the ball. The defense has been good, don't get me wrong, it just allows a lot of yards. But so far, it has been VERY good when it's back up in the red zone, fortunately. The rubber band type of defense is hard on fans, though... :eek:

Here's hoping Coach can adapt his playcalling style to what his team makeup dictates...
Congrats!! to Coach D. and the Blackcats :ChairHit:
wow, this must have been a barn burner. Someone told me pburg won on a hailmary had to check.
Spartan4Life Wrote:wow, this must have been a barn burner. Someone told me pburg won on a hailmary had to check.

The difference maker was a blocked punt leading to the Blackcat's final TD. You missed a good-un, for sure.

Wink
oneijoe Wrote:Actually, I thought Haddix did a pretty good job running the spread option. He read the play correctly >75% of the time and didn't mishandle it once. He's darn fast for a QB in the open field, too.

He didn't have a chance to show much in the passing game. P-burg had Breathitt Co.'s downfield receivers blanketed all night. The few short hitches he threw were zipped on target pretty well, though.

Jade is NO Colby Fugate running the spread.:flame:
BCF4L Wrote:I see where people are saying that Breathitt County better hurry and do something, but you have to remember, Breathitt County scheduled two of the best teams in Eastern Kentucky to start the season. These two games will only make Breathitt stronger throughout the season.
We still have a few good teams left outside our district too.:igiveup:
oneijoe Wrote:In the coach's defense, playing more conservatively with a lead was the correct thing to do on the strong Blackcat teams earlier this decade. Those defenses were -on balance- better than the offense. When that's the case, it's usually better to cut back the offensive aggressiveness, leaning on the defense.

However... this P-burg team may be the opposite. It looks better with the ball. The defense has been good, don't get me wrong, it just allows a lot of yards. But so far, it has been VERY good when it's back up in the red zone, fortunately. The rubber band type of defense is hard on fans, though... :eek:

Here's hoping Coach can adapt his playcalling style to what his team makeup dictates...

I don't doubt that a bit, but I was referring to the Belfry games when they went into the half with a lead and changed the entire game plan and lost in the last minutes.