Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Prestonsburg 27 - Breathitt County 20
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Prestonsburg blocks a punt and runs it inside the 5 yard line with about a minute left in the game. They punch it in on one play. Game was closer than I expected, but was a win none the less.
Sounds like a great game to watch. Congrats P-burg.
Good job P-Burg
Final.

A really great game to watch, i'd say just a people suspected it to go down to the wire and thats what they got.

A great game on both sides of the ball for each team but the hero of tonight was most certaintly Clay Jamerson, with the winning pick with 40. seconds to spare.

I'd like to congratulate both teams on a hard fought game but Prestonsburg brought more.

CONGRATS BLACKCATS!
Black_Rebel23 Wrote:Final.

A really great game to watch, i'd say just a people suspected it to go down to the wire and thats what they got.

A great game on both sides of the ball for each team but the hero of tonight was most certaintly Clay Jamerson, with the winning pick with 40. seconds to spare.

I'd like to congratulate both teams on a hard fought game but Prestonsburg brought more.

CONGRATS BLACKCATS!
There was already a thread on this game. I went ahead and merged your post in with the existing thread. :Thumbs:
BCF4L Wrote:There was already a thread on this game. I went ahead and merged your post in with the existing thread. :Thumbs:

Well thank you kind sir.
What a game & atmosphere.

Prestonsburg & Breathitt both moved the ball very well but Prestonsburg's come up big late forcing a fumble and blocking a punt. Both Setser & Craynon had touchdowns of 50+ yards, Setser also put one in from 4 yards out. Michael Burchett looked amazing tonight as he but his passes right in between the numbers. He did throw 1 interception but it was off a tipped pass.

Setser, Griffith, McKinney, and Jamerson played great tonight on defense! Very proud of my Blackcats they played very hard throughout.

Big props need to be given to Breathitt County back Channing Fugate. He was very hard to bring down and played very, very well on both sides of the ball.

Congrats Blackcats!
Great game!!! Both these teams can play
Good game guys
Sounds like it was an outstanding game to watch. I just saw some highlights on Sports OT, and it seemed like a back and forth game all night long. Congrats to the Blackcats on a hard fought win.
congrats to P-BURG
Great game...........Breathitt sounds as if they did a better job shutting down the run in the 2nd half, but has a lot of work to do. I still think they have a shot, all be it a long one, to make a run for the regional title. Congrats P-Burg....Did anyone get injured in this game?
Way to go Blackcats!!!
P-burg should only get better if everyone stays healthy.
Sounds like a good game from both teams...Congrats to the Blackcats...
bucslover68 Wrote:Sounds like a good game from both teams...Congrats to the Blackcats...

We played like crap.Gave up too many big plays.I was ashamed.Congrats P-Burg;you deserve it.If Jade don't straighten up we're dead.
BCF4L Wrote:Game was closer than I expected, but was a win none the less.

I felt like Prestonsburg was 2-3 TD's better then BC, especially with a healthy Craynon. They kicked two field goals, both inside the 5 yard line. I wouldn't have done it, but that's just me. Prestonsburg showed a lot of heart tonight.
Congrats Blackcats!!!
Take away the two big plays and Prestonsburg struggled at times moving the ball. I'm not so sure Pburg is the better team.
The King Wrote:Take away the two big plays and Prestonsburg struggled at times moving the ball. I'm not so sure Pburg is the better team.

Take away those two long runs and Breathitt Co. isn't made to pay the price for not dropping a safety. There's always a chance of that happening when a defense crowds the line of scrimmage. It's part of the game.

The long Setser run might have been stopped for 3-4 yards, but he was strong enough to pull his leg loose. No one touched Craynon on his score as the hole the OL opened looked like the parting of the Red Sea.

The stretch where P-burg had trouble moving the ball was in the 2nd half. It could be argued Coach Derossett got a tad too conservative with too small a lead. Because they were behind, Breathitt Co. went back to stacking the box. In contrast to how P-burg countered that at the beginning of the game, Coach D. played it safe and kept the ball on the ground.

Either team could have won this one. Breathitt drove deep 3 times and came away empty (2 on downs, one on a fumble), while P-burg drove deep 3 times (including one TD called back on a hold) and only put 6 pts. up to show for it.

It's good to have a FG kicker. While many would rather go for the TD, those 3 pointers gave the Blackcats an advantage through the 2nd half.
The King Wrote:Take away the two big plays and Prestonsburg struggled at times moving the ball. I'm not so sure Pburg is the better team.

If Prestonsburg loses 2 big plays...

If a frog had wings...
Breathitt Bobcat Wrote:We played like crap.Gave up too many big plays.I was ashamed.Congrats P-Burg;you deserve it.If Jade don't straighten up we're dead.
I talked to a fan in Jackson he said that the team looked as if they were not fired up especially on the sidelines. I hope the Bobcats turn things around, but the Bobcat faithful feel let down by the lack of emotion they see from the current crop of Bobcat players. I personally do not care whether they win or lose, I just hope they give it their all, and I do not know if that is happening right now. It is still early and these losses mean nothing as far as the playoffs are concerned. Breathitt has the talent to be a title contender, but do they have the heart?:redboxer:
Breathitt Bobcat Wrote:We played like crap.Gave up too many big plays.I was ashamed.Congrats P-Burg;you deserve it.If Jade don't straighten up we're dead.

Actually, I thought Haddix did a pretty good job running the spread option. He read the play correctly >75% of the time and didn't mishandle it once. He's darn fast for a QB in the open field, too.

He didn't have a chance to show much in the passing game. P-burg had Breathitt Co.'s downfield receivers blanketed all night. The few short hitches he threw were zipped on target pretty well, though.
This was one of the better games i had seen in a while. I was right in this one it came down to that one key play to come away with the win and that was the blocked punt for Pburg. Although Pburg could have easily taken this one by 2 TD's due to a touchdown getting called back and a field goal inside the 5. But thats part of the game congrats to Pburg on a hard fought win!
congrats to P-BURG
Good game P-Burg. Big win over a good football team.
Does anyone have any stat's on this game? How many yards did P-Burg run for?
congrats to p-burg. you deserved the big win.
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:I talked to a fan in Jackson he said that the team looked as if they were not fired up especially on the sidelines. I hope the Bobcats turn things around, but the Bobcat faithful feel let down by the lack of emotion they see from the current crop of Bobcat players. I personally do not care whether they win or lose, I just hope they give it their all, and I do not know if that is happening right now. It is still early and these losses mean nothing as far as the playoffs are concerned. Breathitt has the talent to be a title contender, but do they have the heart?:redboxer:

Lets not for get HARLAN COUNTY is for real.
d10n Wrote:Lets not for get HARLAN COUNTY is for real.
Not forgetting about them.....If Breathitt does not get some heart and desire they will not even win the district this year..........:redboxer:
Pages: 1 2