Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top mountain guards from the 00's(2000-present)?
Mr.Kimball Wrote:The best that has played in the 2000+ era is Ben Bowling. Perhaps one of the best raw talents that have ever come out of the mountains in fact.

Million dollar talent, 10 cent brain.

This is sadly true. He was maybe as good as I have ever seen in the mountains. He was aboslutely the best passer I have ever seen, just magic, but all for nothing.
oj mayo
Moe Wrote:I go out on a limb a post a Top 25...Just don't want to leave anyone out.

1.Landon Slone-Paintsville,
2.Ben Bowling-Perry Central,
3.Michael Hall-South Floyd,
4.Ty Proffitt-South Laural,
5.Kris Bentley-Shelby Valley/Prestonsburg,
6.Daniel Combs-Perry Central,
7.Justin Hicks-Hazard,
8.Blake Hubbs-Cawood,
9.Tommy McKenzie-Johnson Central,
10.TATE COX-JBS/KCC,
11."Boo" Fields-Harlan,
12.Shawn Newsome-Allen Central,
13.David Vance-Barboursville,
14.Aaron Cash-Rockcastle Co.,
15.Matt Thomas-Ashland,
16.Jon Vanhoose Russell,
17.ELIJAH JUSTICE-SHELBY VALLEY,
18.Steven Kidd-Rowan County,
19.Stuart Miller-Middlesboro
20.Zach Hurt-Cordia,
21.Alex Hammonds-Allen Central,
22.Chris Hurt-Johnson Central,
23.Rossi Sammons-Allen Central,
24.Chris Wilson-Everts,
25.Adam Rice-Paintsville

Active Player are in CAPS, anyway agree or disagree this is how I see it from the games and players i've seen this decade.

I liked a lot of the players you listed, but there is one that i dont think was good enough to be listed, and thats Chris Hurt from JC. The only part of his game that was decent was his speed. He played terrible defense ...i remember the last game he played in, Seth Kiser made him look really bad. Tommy Mckenzie and Adam Rice were two really good guards. Rice never put up a lot of points, but he was an excellent defender.
pickandroll Wrote:Wow.... I'm almost ashamed to read thru this post. Don't add Clark Stepp in there, I mean he's only got a full ride to a D1 school. How many of those other players have accomplished that? I'm stunned. D1 isn't that good anyways, since alot of people from the mountains have accomplished this.

Didn't he sign with ALC.
I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok -Shaquille O'Neal
Spartan4Life Wrote:Didn't he sign with ALC.

No he signed with Austin Peay.
clipperw Wrote:No he signed with Austin Peay.

oh, I thought he signed with ALC, Hope the best for his future.
I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok -Shaquille O'Neal