Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Top mountain guards from the 00's(2000-present)?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Just reading the replies from the thread about the top guards in the 90's and was thinking that there have also been some good guards in thies decade. Give me you top 5-10.

I'll give you my list in a bit, and after reading a few opinions.
Gotta say Elisha Justice. And he' still got 2 more years.
Tate Cox and Stuart Stamper and they have 2 more years
BTW sorry about some of my spelling errors in my previous post. Sometimes I get in a hurry....lol

I think you can throw Michael Hall's name out there from South Floyd as well Tommy McKenzie-Johnson Central and of course Landon Slone will be in there somewhere although he is so versitile he played almost every posistion. Others who came to mind were Justin Hicks-Hazard and Kris Bentley-PBurg/Shelby Valley. The other guys mentioned will make the list in time I was just thinking of players who had graduated. I had some others in mind but I'll just have to wait untill the names hit me again.
Shawn Newsome from Allen Central was a pretty good 2-guard as well. Steven Kidd-Rowan County(whice I would consider the Mountains) was in my opinion one of the better guards to come out of the 16th region as far as talent goes. I was always impressd with his skills and abilities. Newsome was in the 02' class and believe Kidd graduated in 03'. Just two more names that come to mind. I'm getteng closer to a top ten, which I'll post later.
William "Boo" Fields- Harlan High School
Arron Cash- Rock
Ben Bowling- PCC
Ty Profitt- South L.
Warriors23RJ Wrote:Shawn Newsome from Allen Central was a pretty good 2-guard as well. Steven Kidd-Rowan County(whice I would consider the Mountains) was in my opinion one of the better guards to come out of the 16th region as far as talent goes. I was always impressd with his skills and abilities. Newsome was in the 02' class and believe Kidd graduated in 03'. Just two more names that come to mind. I'm getteng closer to a top ten, which I'll post later.

If you are gonna include the 16th, there are several in this decade much better than Steven Kidd.......OJ Mayo, Ethan and Evan Faulkner, Jonathon Vanhoose, Jonathon Ferguson, Cameron Hall, Matt Thomas, Blandon Clemons, and thats just off the top of my head.
The best that has played in the 2000+ era is Ben Bowling. Perhaps one of the best raw talents that have ever come out of the mountains in fact.

Million dollar talent, 10 cent brain.
Daniel Combs- Perry Central.
PC_You_Know Wrote:Gotta say Elisha Justice. And he' still got 2 more years.

You are a joke!!! Jeremy Hall from AC is one I can think of...This kid is good but I dont think he is that great yet...
I know you're just looking for trouble. But to be invited to Kentucky and Florida's Elite Camps, you have to be really good.
Aaron Brahnam was a beast for ER and so was the other starting guards...Justin Hicks, Tate Cox, Landon Slone and Ty Proffit also were and are great players.
Canon Wrote:William "Boo" Fields- Harlan High School
Arron Cash- Rock
Ben Bowling- PCC
Ty Profitt- South L.

This name is a blast from the past...sooooooooo many personal issues...

What is he doing now...?
BASKETBALLFAN00 Wrote:You are a joke!!! Jeremy Hall from AC is one I can think of...This kid is good but I dont think he is that great yet...

Earn the respect before you rip someone's post....:mad:
Jermey Hall Graduated in 94' this is about the 00's.
What about Tommy McKenzie....he didn't score a lot because the team he was on was so balanced but he was the best floor leader i've seen in the mountains in a long time. He was smart with the ball, could penetrate on any defense, and flat out shoot!
Well I guess its about time for me to post my top 10:

1a.Landon Slone-Paintsville
1b.Ben Bowling-Perry Central
3.Ty Profitt-South Laurel
4.Michael Hall-South Floyd
5.Justin Hicks-Hazard
6.Tommy McKinzie-Johnson Central
7.Daniel Combs-Perry Central
8.Kris Bentley-Prestonsburg/SV
9.Shawn Newsome-Allen Central
10.Steven Kidd-Rowan County

Sorry if I left someone of the list.
Wow.... I'm almost ashamed to read thru this post. Don't add Clark Stepp in there, I mean he's only got a full ride to a D1 school. How many of those other players have accomplished that? I'm stunned. D1 isn't that good anyways, since alot of people from the mountains have accomplished this.
Chill he said sorry if he left someone off the list...lol.
Warriors23RJ Wrote:Well I guess its about time for me to post my top 10:

5.Justin Hicks-Hazard

Looks good to me.
From the 13th region...

David Vance - Barbourville
Blake Hubbs -Cawood
Antwan Henson - Clay Co.
Stephen Asher - Clay Co. (I might be thinking of his Brother)
Brian Griffin - Clay Co. (He was 6'5", but I think he played guard)
Eddie Creech - Cumberland
Chris Wilson -Evarts
John Smith - Harlan
William "Boo" Fields - Harlan
Kris Mills - Knox Central
Stuart Miller - Middlesboro
J.D. Strange - Pineville
Ty Proffitt - South Laurel
Aaron Cash - Rockcastle Co.

I'm sure that there are many more good ones that i have left out
Warriors23RJ Wrote:Well I guess its about time for me to post my top 10:

5.Justin Hicks-Hazard

You sir, have an eye for talent. You include the 16th Region with your addition of Steven Kidd. Have you by any chance heard of OJ Mayo???? Exactly what round was Kidd drafted in?
letthebighogroot Wrote:You sir, have an eye for talent. You include the 16th Region with your addition of Steven Kidd. Have you by any chance heard of OJ Mayo???? Exactly what round was Kidd drafted in?
Come on man OJ could kill anyone on my list but he played what his 7th and 8th grade year at RH. He didn't even make it to HS. He played 3 years in Ohio and 1 in WV so thats why I didn't include him.
Warriors23RJ Wrote:Come on man OJ could kill anyone on my list but he played what his 7th and 8th grade year at RH. He didn't even make it to HS. He played 3 years in Ohio and 1 in WV so thats why I didn't include him.

fair enough
IMO Whitaker from Hazard will be on the list before its over.
pickandroll Wrote:Wow.... I'm almost ashamed to read thru this post. Don't add Clark Stepp in there, I mean he's only got a full ride to a D1 school. How many of those other players have accomplished that? I'm stunned. D1 isn't that good anyways, since alot of people from the mountains have accomplished this.
Well cheer up. Don't be ashamed Guess what.....You can add him. Everyone else is adding their man. :confused:
I really liked Ty Proffitt. Enjoyed watching him play, he had the total package for a point guard.
1.Ben Bowling-Perry Central
2.Landon Slone-Paintsville
5.Justin Hicks-Hazard
6.Clark Stepp-JBS
8.Tate Cox-KCC
10.Stuart Stamper-KCC
Hicks and Whitaker from Hazard.
What about Chris Hurt who played for JC in the 00's he was pretty good.
Pages: 1 2 3