Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is the biggest rivalry in the state of Kentucky?
Danville and Boyle Co.
DevilsWin Wrote:Attendence at Russell VS Ashland is never less than 5,000 and when both teams are ranked you can expect nearly 8,000 or more.

Does Belfry and Pikeville draw that kind of a crowd?
Yes
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Used to.... but not anymore... which touches on the intent of what I was saying. What sued ot be one of the state's best, most competitive, and well known rivalries isn't what it used to be. Same as if either Ashland or Russell started to completely dominate a series.
There was easily 5000 at the game last year and the year before.
DevilsWin Wrote:From what I hear that will be the case.

Rashard Carter is reported to not be on the team.

Whats the deal with him I first heard that he wasnt on the team then I heard he was and now hes not????????????

Also if Raceland-Russell would have not gone all those years without playing then that would big huge, last years game was the best crowd i had ever seen in Raceland.
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:There was easily 5000 at the game last year and the year before.

Could've been... I just know that 3 minutes prior to kickoff the Pikeville side was 3/4 empty... 3 minutes after kickoff it was pretty well filled... which keeps in tune with Pikeville football tradition of being fashionably late.Smile
I am all for Russell, but anytime you play at Putnam Stadium, the opposing team will have thier hands full. I think that is why it is such a rival.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Could've been... I just know that 3 minutes prior to kickoff the Pikeville side was 3/4 empty... 3 minutes after kickoff it was pretty well filled... which keeps in tune with Pikeville football tradition of being fashionably late.Smile
Yeah some of them like to make a grand entrance LOL!
i know that Paintsville and JC are cross town Rivals and stuff. In football paintsville dont have to play them Paintsville is 1A, JC is 5A. Paintsville and Pikeville are pretty big rivals in 1A football.
Best in State has to be X vs. Trinity

After that: personnally Highlands over Cov. Cath.

I'm sure Danville vs. Boyle is huge although I'm not personnally attached to that game.

Anybody Bell plays must be a rivalry. It's just something about Bell, or maybe it was just Dudley.Big Grin
herd_fan_1 Wrote:Whats the deal with him I first heard that he wasnt on the team then I heard he was and now hes not????????????

Also if Raceland-Russell would have not gone all those years without playing then that would big huge, last years game was the best crowd i had ever seen in Raceland.

This game is a good one. However, I don't think it will be big until Raceland can knock off Russell. Which will eventually someday maybe happen. I don't see it happening for a few years, but ya never know. I wish it would either always be @ Russell, or played @ Putnam. Raceland's stands are not suited for that type of crowd. If you didn't get one of the 100 seats on the visitors side, you didn't have a very good view. I'm not trying to bash their stadium, it just needs lmore seating, most of Raceland's opponents don't roll in like Russell fans will.
Beetle01 Wrote:This game is a good one. However, I don't think it will be big until Raceland can knock off Russell. Which will eventually someday maybe happen. I don't see it happening for a few years, but ya never know. I wish it would either always be @ Russell, or played @ Putnam. Raceland's stands are not suited for that type of crowd. If you didn't get one of the 100 seats on the visitors side, you didn't have a very good view. I'm not trying to bash their stadium, it just needs lmore seating, most of Raceland's opponents don't roll in like Russell fans will.

@ 5:30 last year the visitor bleachers were already full.
Beetle01 Wrote:This game is a good one. However, I don't think it will be big until Raceland can knock off Russell. Which will eventually someday maybe happen. I don't see it happening for a few years, but ya never know. I wish it would either always be @ Russell, or played @ Putnam. Raceland's stands are not suited for that type of crowd. If you didn't get one of the 100 seats on the visitors side, you didn't have a very good view. I'm not trying to bash their stadium, it just needs lmore seating, most of Raceland's opponents don't roll in like Russell fans will.

Well I dont know about Raceland not being able to knock Russell off for a couple years if there going to do it its this year or next i think. I agree I wish Raceland would get new seating and a new track. I know they can do it they just built a new gym for the basketball team why cant they get new seats for their top sport???????????:confused: