Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who is playing in the All-Star Game at Raceland June 13th?
"Whatever man. Let's keep it real here. Fact is there were some standout players but Ratliff wasn't one of them. These 4 guys made an impression on me: East- Tyler Jones, Adam Foster, Casey Clark
West- Travis Connors Additionally. This is an ALLSTAR game in which recruiters were on hand to make their assesments. If any of the players were taking that opportunity seriously they know there are no excuses for not being prepared to show their stuff. If a skill player comes out rusty they have only themselves to blame for not coming prepared. That's my take on the game, now who stood out that you saw or did you even go to the game at all. If not, then why? I figure since you're such a JK Ratliff supporter you'd be there leading his cheering section".

I Kept it "REAL" and added a little bit I thought...You have no idea on your so called "Facts". Also the part you said about College Recruiters being on hand to look at these kids and make judgment is pathetic. I'm sure there were some there, but if they judged any of these kids based on this one game, than they are not much of a recuiter. Do you think the NFL only uses the after-season All-Star games to evaluate talent for the draft...NO they do NOT! They do however spend countless hours watching tape, talking to head coaches, talking to the players, watching PRACTICES and several other ways to evaluate an athlete!

Fact - J.K Ratliff is a 4.0 student
Fact - J.K received an ACADEMIC scholorship in Engineering to UK! (Do you know how prestigious that is and how hard it is to receive one in that field?)
Fact - J.K is a leader on and off the field

J.K has the tools on and off the field to do whatever he would like to do and don't need people like you bringing him down. That is the problem with Eastern Ky. Someone gets an "OPPORTUNITY" to do what is a life long dream for some and people back home have to try every way to belittle them or talk smack about them, when in turn that person doing the talking has no knowledge of the subject. I am a HUGE Univ. of Ky. supporter and bleed BLUE and for our State University to come to the Mountains of Easter Ky. and show belief in a kid, first and most importantly Academically and then show support in them as an athlete is applaudable! We ask everyday for a chance and here is a kid that gets the chance on a huge stage and that life.....

So for YOU to suggest and use that 3 hrs worth of 90 degree heat football to evaluate this kid and determine he is "no good" is simply "PATHETIC". This game wasn't about J.K. Ratliff and what he needed to show to anybody, nor was this a game that really mattered. This was a contest of a group of kids who like to play football and they had a chance to suit up in a high school game for the very last time!

You ask if I was a J.K Ratliff supporter, my answer is........

ABSOLUTELY, POSITIVELY and MOST DEFINETLY!!!

Now do I think that you have no idea on how to evaluate anything, my answer is.....

(See my answer directly above this one)

Move on man...this game is done! I ask you Moderators to close this thread, before it gets much worse. The game is over and no need to belittle a kid no further and that's what will keep happening!
DevilsWin Wrote:As a UK fan I hope he never wears a UK jersey because we'll be lucky to win a game.
If you're so hot on Ratliff going to UK you must be a Tennessee or UofL fan.

The kid has good size and a rocket for an arm but his accuracy is lacking and when on the run he is no offensive threat at all.

What team should I root for since you know everything? You are the guru of football so I guess you should be telling me since I know nothing! Is he going to be a starter? Probably not but I guess you should already know that since you know everything.Rolleyes The kid is getting his education paid for not by athletics but by academics. Do you know what that is almighty guru? He turned down other athletic football scholarships because he wanted to go to UK and get his academic education. Do you know what education is? I know for a fact that UK was impressed with his size and his arm strength and his knowledge(again may I ask if you know what that is). UK is able to take a chance on a kid and develop him without giving him a scholarship. Give the kid a break! Its not like in JC's offense he threw it all over the field. He was lucky if he threw it five times a game. And then he had what 1-2 days to learn an offense with kids he hardly knew. Give me a break. :moon:
Eagle Eye Wrote:What team should I root for since you know everything? You are the guru of football so I guess you should be telling me since I know nothing! Is he going to be a starter? Probably not but I guess you should already know that since you know everything.Rolleyes The kid is getting his education paid for not by athletics but by academics. Do you know what that is almighty guru? He turned down other athletic football scholarships because he wanted to go to UK and get his academic education. Do you know what education is? I know for a fact that UK was impressed with his size and his arm strength and his knowledge(again may I ask if you know what that is). UK is able to take a chance on a kid and develop him without giving him a scholarship. Give the kid a break! Its not like in JC's offense he threw it all over the field. He was lucky if he threw it five times a game. And then he had what 1-2 days to learn an offense with kids he hardly knew. Give me a break. :moon:

LOL Look guys, nobody said he sucks. In addition I highly doubt that my opinion on a website is gonna make any difference in wether he plays football at UK or not.

All last season we heard from all you JC fans about how great this kid was and on the 1 chance I got to see him work he didn't live up to the hype.
DevilsWin Wrote:LOL Look guys, nobody said he sucks. In addition I highly doubt that my opinion on a website is gonna make any difference in wether he plays football at UK or not.

All last season we heard from all you JC fans about how great this kid was and on the 1 chance I got to see him work he didn't live up to the hype.

So you are basing all your info on a kid that has not practiced for what about 7 months except for one day before this all-star game? I guarantee that no one will outwork him if he gets the chance to walk on. I went back and looked and no one really talked about how great he was. Now Shawn Grimm is another subject however he did give JC a chance if they had to pass. Something that they didn't have in the past. This kid really only played a season and a half because of injuries but he gave the camps a shot last summer and it payed off. He went to the UK camp and the Nike camp in Georgia. I honestly don't care what your opinion on the situation is but it is not fair to be hard on a kid with the practice time and prep time that this kid had.
the voice Wrote:"Whatever man. Let's keep it real here. Fact is there were some standout players but Ratliff wasn't one of them. These 4 guys made an impression on me: East- Tyler Jones, Adam Foster, Casey Clark
West- Travis Connors Additionally. This is an ALLSTAR game in which recruiters were on hand to make their assesments. If any of the players were taking that opportunity seriously they know there are no excuses for not being prepared to show their stuff. If a skill player comes out rusty they have only themselves to blame for not coming prepared. That's my take on the game, now who stood out that you saw or did you even go to the game at all. If not, then why? I figure since you're such a JK Ratliff supporter you'd be there leading his cheering section".

I Kept it "REAL" and added a little bit I thought...You have no idea on your so called "Facts". Also the part you said about College Recruiters being on hand to look at these kids and make judgment is pathetic. I'm sure there were some there, but if they judged any of these kids based on this one game, than they are not much of a recuiter. Do you think the NFL only uses the after-season All-Star games to evaluate talent for the draft...NO they do NOT! They do however spend countless hours watching tape, talking to head coaches, talking to the players, watching PRACTICES and several other ways to evaluate an athlete!

Fact - J.K Ratliff is a 4.0 student
Fact - J.K received an ACADEMIC scholorship in Engineering to UK! (Do you know how prestigious that is and how hard it is to receive one in that field?)
Fact - J.K is a leader on and off the field

J.K has the tools on and off the field to do whatever he would like to do and don't need people like you bringing him down. That is the problem with Eastern Ky. Someone gets an "OPPORTUNITY" to do what is a life long dream for some and people back home have to try every way to belittle them or talk smack about them, when in turn that person doing the talking has no knowledge of the subject. I am a HUGE Univ. of Ky. supporter and bleed BLUE and for our State University to come to the Mountains of Easter Ky. and show belief in a kid, first and most importantly Academically and then show support in them as an athlete is applaudable! We ask everyday for a chance and here is a kid that gets the chance on a huge stage and that life.....

So for YOU to suggest and use that 3 hrs worth of 90 degree heat football to evaluate this kid and determine he is "no good" is simply "PATHETIC". This game wasn't about J.K. Ratliff and what he needed to show to anybody, nor was this a game that really mattered. This was a contest of a group of kids who like to play football and they had a chance to suit up in a high school game for the very last time!

You ask if I was a J.K Ratliff supporter, my answer is........

ABSOLUTELY, POSITIVELY and MOST DEFINETLY!!!

Now do I think that you have no idea on how to evaluate anything, my answer is.....

(See my answer directly above this one)

Move on man...this game is done! I ask you Moderators to close this thread, before it gets much worse. The game is over and no need to belittle a kid no further and that's what will keep happening!

For the record. I talked with some of the recruiters that were there and they felt the same way.

The kid has ability. Maybe you're right and I just saw him on a bad day. But Tyler Jones didn't look rusty and neither did any of the other players I mentioned earlier.

Lastly, Shawn Grimm impressed me quite a bit and I should have added his name to my list earlier.

Good win by the East!
Britt made the team from Lewis County. I think that Shaw should have also made the team. He was one of the best kickers that I watched this year and he was also an above average receiver. I think that he didn't get the attention that he deserved bc the team was so bad and Britt got all the attention. If Shaw had the ball thrown to him as many times as Britt did then Shaw would have had 150 receptions.
I dont know what all of you guys are talking about this 90 degree heat but I thought it was perfect weather that friday to play a game in, it got me ready to watch some friday night football come august!!!!! Also the Ratliff kid I thought looked really good that being he only had a coulpe days to run a system he never has even came close to run before, so good look to him at big blue nation.