Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Who is playing in the All-Star Game at Raceland June 13th?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
What seniors will be playing in the east/west game held at Raceland Worthing High School on June 13th?
Cash Wrote:What seniors will be playing in the east/west game held at Raceland Worthing High School on June 13th?

The four from Russell that were picked originally, I believe are all playing.

Hicks
Jones
Foster
Bender.
(Unless one or more have changed their mind!!)

I talked to Coach Maynard from Raceland about a TRUE drop-back passer to run their offense and he said that the QB from Johnson-Central is closest to fitting their offense. Other than that, I do not know. I thought maybe the ADI would have a list to publish by now, since the boys had to turn in their forms awhile back.

maybe someone from raceland can help us out!!
This is what sux, you have this game in 2 weeks and you hear nothing of it. This should be out to all the community and the papers. Both Greenup and Daily.
Johnson Central has 2 players participating:

Trey Belhasen - DB
Ethan Ward - OL/DL

Ratliff was supposed to but is not anymore.

Paintsville has 1 player participating:

JD Vanhoose - TE/LB

Vanhoose also played QB the first of the year for the Tigers but it is not his natural position.
Any Lewis Co players on there?
From Fleming County:

Adam Bailey OT/DT
Jamie Little OG/DE
Jacob Bell WR/DB/Kicker
What time does the game start and is there a web page to get info???
DEVILOLOGIST Wrote:What time does the game start and is there a web page to get info???

Game is Friday at 7:30 at Raceland. As for a web page, I don't know that one.
thanks
Lawrence County-
Tyler Hinton OL/DL
Coty Roberts RB/DL
Acie Waller WR/DB
Bryan Scarberry OL/LB
I noticed that The Independent finally did a write-up about the game. Still no roster though.
There was a roster in the Daily Independent!
I did not see it, post a link to the roster please or find us a link....please.
The rosters were in the paper but they are not online.
J.K Ratliff of Johnson Central is now playing in the All-Star Game @ Raceland. He decided to play earlier this week, thanks to a couple of his buddies who convinced him he should participate. He's a 6'5 QB, who is going to have the opportunity to walk-on at the Univ. of Ky this fall. Good Luck to all the All-Star Players on both sides.
the voice Wrote:J.K Ratliff of Johnson Central is now playing in the All-Star Game @ Raceland. He decided to play earlier this week, thanks to a couple of his buddies who convinced him he should participate. He's a 6'5 QB, who is going to have the opportunity to walk-on at the Univ. of Ky this fall. Good Luck to all the All-Star Players on both sides.
I'm anxious to see him in person to see if he lives up to all the hype.

The Grizzle kid from Raceland wasn't all he was cracked up to be in the 2007 game.
I just found a link to the rosters on BelfryKy.com Look at the top under "Latest News"
I cant wait for this one, im really looking forward to seeing it!!!!!
I couldn't make the game. Did you get to go? Who won?
East won 9-8 after a late rally by the West.
I can also tell you that JK Ratliff will never wear a UK jersey after seeing him play yesterday I don't understand all the hype about him.
GO EAST!!!!!
It was a good game. EAST POWER,, WEST SPEED.... Simple as that... Great defensive game..
DevilsWin Wrote:East won 9-8 after a late rally by the West.
I can also tell you that JK Ratliff will never wear a UK jersey after seeing him play yesterday I don't understand all the hype about him.

What game are you talking about. BelfryKy.com and Kentucky.com have the West All-Stars winning.
does anyone know of a website that has pictures from the game?
Cash Wrote:does anyone know of a website that has pictures from the game?

Click Here for pictures
Wrong game. This is about the game @ Raceland
DevilsWin Wrote:East won 9-8 after a late rally by the West.

Is this you Rich? Joker? Please inform us almighty football guru of your knowledge to base your finding on this subject. Are you the recruiting coordinator for UK? Please I would love to know what part of the decision you will be making?Rolleyes
Cash Wrote:Wrong game. This is about the game @ Raceland

My bad. :eek:
"East won 9-8 after a late rally by the West. I can also tell you that JK Ratliff will never wear a UK jersey after seeing him play yesterday I don't understand all the hype about him."

Let's see here. Game was on a Friday and the kid practiced Thursday...I'd say it was tough to pick up any offensive plays in oh, 3 hrs worth of practice! Or are you on the same thinking as Iverson in the NBA..."PRACTICE, It's just PRACTICE!!!! And what team did you play on might I ask, East or West? Earlier you said that you couldn't wait to see him in person...so after about 3 hrs worth of watching him share the snaps you came to a conclusion that he's no good! HMMMMM, I have to ask myself why Rich Brooks does not have you down in Lexington as an assistant coach or better yet why aren't you the top recruiter for UK, You are a top of the line evaluating talent GOD! Mind boggling stuff I can tell you. With the experience you have as a football mastermind, why would no school or professional team want you? It's an All-Star game, you scatter a bunch of guys together, work with them for a couple of days and play in 90 degree heat, trying to evenly play every player on your squad. You did say ONE TRUE statement..."You Don't UNDERSTAND"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Go J.K., keep proving everyone wrong and don't let people like this ruin your OPPORTUNITY!!!!
the voice Wrote:"East won 9-8 after a late rally by the West. I can also tell you that JK Ratliff will never wear a UK jersey after seeing him play yesterday I don't understand all the hype about him."

Let's see here. Game was on a Friday and the kid practiced Thursday...I'd say it was tough to pick up any offensive plays in oh, 3 hrs worth of practice! Or are you on the same thinking as Iverson in the NBA..."PRACTICE, It's just PRACTICE!!!! And what team did you play on might I ask, East or West? Earlier you said that you couldn't wait to see him in person...so after about 3 hrs worth of watching him share the snaps you came to a conclusion that he's no good! HMMMMM, I have to ask myself why Rich Brooks does not have you down in Lexington as an assistant coach or better yet why aren't you the top recruiter for UK, You are a top of the line evaluating talent GOD! Mind boggling stuff I can tell you. With the experience you have as a football mastermind, why would no school or professional team want you? It's an All-Star game, you scatter a bunch of guys together, work with them for a couple of days and play in 90 degree heat, trying to evenly play every player on your squad. You did say ONE TRUE statement..."You Don't UNDERSTAND"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Go J.K., keep proving everyone wrong and don't let people like this ruin your OPPORTUNITY!!!!

Whatever man. Let's keep it real here. Fact is there were some standout players but Ratliff wasn't one of them.

These 4 guys made an impression on me:

East- Tyler Jones, Adam Foster, Casey Clark

West- Travis Connors

Additionally. This is an ALLSTAR game in which recruiters were on hand to make their assesments.

If any of the players were taking that opportunity seriously they know there are no excuses for not being prepared to show their stuff.

If a skill player comes out rusty they have only themselves to blame for not coming prepared.

That's my take on the game, now who stood out that you saw or did you even go to the game at all. If not, then why? I figure since you're such a JK Ratliff supporter you'd be there leading his cheering section.
Eagle Eye Wrote:Is this you Rich? Joker? Please inform us almighty football guru of your knowledge to base your finding on this subject. Are you the recruiting coordinator for UK? Please I would love to know what part of the decision you will be making?Rolleyes
As a UK fan I hope he never wears a UK jersey because we'll be lucky to win a game.
If you're so hot on Ratliff going to UK you must be a Tennessee or UofL fan.

The kid has good size and a rocket for an arm but his accuracy is lacking and when on the run he is no offensive threat at all.
Pages: 1 2