Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WYMT Classic 2009
I agree Letcher would be a great team in it..Also from the 14th id like Knott, Hazard, and maybe Perry undecided on that one...Shelby Valley would also be a major threat to win it if they was put in it..
I heard Valley was not playing in it.I am sure Hazard was playing as well Clay County.
Who knows, SV should play in it unless they already have a big Tourny like in Florida.
Ira Combs announced during the State Tourney that the 14th region teams playing in the WYMT would be Letcher, Hazard, Perry, and Knott.
Teams I " pretty" sure have been sent contract so far: HAz, LCC, KCC, PCC, Johnson Central. I think Harlan Cent is an option too, if not should be be an intresting team next year.
I hope to god that SV plays in it. Thats a let down to the fans if not.
I wish Pikeville was in it. That way I could catch the games I can't get to on TV or the Internet.
Why 4 teams from the 14th?

Its usually 3 - 3 - 2 region breakdown.
NEXT Wrote:Why 4 teams from the 14th?

Its usually 3 - 3 - 2 region breakdown.
WYMT is in Hazard which is in the 14th Region.
Could be an interesting WYMT..Its played at Perry this upcoming year correct??
BondJamesBond Wrote:Prestonsburg ?

Well atleast Michael Burchett will get the chance to showcase his talent to the Mountains. Other than that I don't see them coming out with a win in this one.
bleedblue Wrote:Could be an interesting WYMT..Its played at Perry this upcoming year correct??
You are Correct.
mountain hoops guru Wrote:ACCORDING TO MY SOURCE AT WYMT, FROM THE APPLICATIONS THEY HAVE RECIEVED BACK:
14TH WILL BE: JBS (if available), Perry, Hazard, Letcher, Knott(is the alternate if JBS can't field a team)
15TH WILL BE: SHELBY VALLEY, PRESTONSBURG
13TH WILL BE: KNOX, CLAY
13th should have been Corbin and South, but they probably declined a bid.
South Laurel never plays in it. North Laurel did a year or 2 ago.
P'Burg over knott come on....i think there is better teams in te 15th then Prestonsburg...there is no way jbs should be in the tourney it should be
13th,Knox,Clay
14th-Hazard,Kcc,Lcc,Pcc
15th-Sv,Pikeville
Each team is lead by very talented players and coaches..and it should be a great tourney
anklebreaker Wrote:there is no way jbs should be in
I know but they won it last year.
Who cares if they won it last year....clark graduated...tate left..and brent which won the 110% award is now gone...the only games jbs will win in riverside and the david school..that is it
anklebreaker Wrote:Who cares if they won it last year....clark graduated...tate left..and brent which won the 110% award is now gone...the only games jbs will win in riverside and the david school..that is it

The David School doesn't have a basketball program anymore.
blackcat_student Wrote:The David School doesn't have a basketball program anymore.

Jbs probally wont either
anklebreaker Wrote:Who cares if they won it last year....clark graduated...tate left..and brent which won the 110% award is now gone...the only games jbs will win in riverside and the david school..that is it
Rules are Rules. If JBS wants to play in it, they will. Plain and simple.
The 8 teams that will compete in next years WYMT Mountain Classic are as follows:

Allen Central
Clay County
East Ridge
Hazard
Johnson Central
Knott County Central
Letcher County Central
Perry County Central
Looks like Hazard is the favorites right now.
rock19701 Wrote:The 8 teams that will compete in next years WYMT Mountain Classic are as follows:

Allen Central
Clay County
East Ridge
Hazard
Johnson Central
Knott County Central
Letcher County Central
Perry County Central

Where is JBS?
Benchwarmer Wrote:Where is JBS?
They turned it down I guess.